Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
bcguy
bcguy

Drives: 2011 ss/rs m6
427 agp first ride

So I finally got to pick up my car yesterday from builder. Just a street tune ,very safe timeing it's not as quick on the bottom end as pd blower but pulls hard all the way to redline where the blower started to fall off They have now installed race tune and hopefully I can finally try it out at the track at higher boost levels if it clears up today .super costly to get to this point. Make sure if u attempt this kind of build u and your wife are solid and the credit cards have high limits beautiful install. U wouldn't even know it's a turbo car looking under the hood.
Agp 62/66 ,lsx 427. , Callie's ,diamond ,all pro ,American racing ,I'ds130s,102 intake and throttle body,etc .fore triple , Turbo 400 level 5 , b and m pro , dss carbon fiber , dss ford 9 inch with strange pumpkin,3.73 ratio,1400 hp axels,boost and air fuel pillar guages. Weld rts 17x10 and 17x4.5 with m and h drag radials and skinnys
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
bcguy
bcguy

One of the other things I notice on car is the front end sits about 1to 1.5 inches lower with lsx iron block in there. Hard to get my chain down hooks under car for trailering. Going to have to deal with this somehow
Agp 62/66 ,lsx 427. , Callie's ,diamond ,all pro ,American racing ,I'ds130s,102 intake and throttle body,etc .fore triple , Turbo 400 level 5 , b and m pro , dss carbon fiber , dss ford 9 inch with strange pumpkin,3.73 ratio,1400 hp axels,boost and air fuel pillar guages. Weld rts 17x10 and 17x4.5 with m and h drag radials and skinnys
Old 10-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
So do you like the turbos better? How much power are you making?

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
bcguy
bcguy

They went up to 17 psi. Made 913 whp mustang dyno
Old 10-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcguy View Post
One of the other things I notice on car is the front end sits about 1to 1.5 inches lower with lsx iron block in there. Hard to get my chain down hooks under car for trailering. Going to have to deal with this somehow
Congrats it sounds like the cars going to be a beast.

I use Race Ramps Trailer Mates to make it easier to tie down my car in the enclosed trailer. The door clears the wheel well now too.

2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
So I finally got to pick up my car yesterday from builder. Just a street tune ,very safe timeing it's not as quick on the bottom end as pd blower but pulls hard all the way to redline where the blower started to fall off They have now installed race tune and hopefully I can finally try it out at the track at higher boost levels if it clears up today .super costly to get to this point. Make sure if u attempt this kind of build u and your wife are solid and the credit cards have high limits beautiful install. U wouldn't even know it's a turbo car looking under the hood.
You say turbo, but your sig says it has an Edelbrock E-Force. Which is it?
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
The Edelbrock was his old setup.
JMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
bcguy
bcguy

Ok I'm finally home from edmonton Yes e force was old setup ( which by the way is for sale )so where do I start, the motor so far is perfect,it needs a set of plugs I think as I'm getting a bit of sputtering on my 4 th gear throttles .im going to assume that one or more may be fouled a bit with all the tuning that went on. I had it up to 16 pounds of boost at track. Pulls hard. Needs a auto so I can have a trams brake to help with boost off the line .i know they make a box that helps with the standard but my intention is to have a auto in it over winter so no need to get into that. With the standard getting off the line with drag slicks and no boost was not compare able to my pd setup. I bogged heavily and then as I geared up lost boost between shifts and lost et bad. Top speed at 16 pounds was around 136. Once we get this thing to make boost off the line and hold it I can't even imagine what it will run. Turned it up to 20 pounds here at home and took it for a run and if you have ever wondered what it's like to be in a car with 1000 hp it is crazy. In closing. If u put this system on a automatic hang on for dear life right out of the box. (Well a stall converter would help) on the standard it just takes a little more time to build boost and there is electronics to deal with that.kit was installed well and on a race car with the proper supporting mods I think this would be the last mod u would need. Big big grin
Old 10-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #9
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Ok I'm finally home from edmonton Yes e force was old setup ( which by the way is for sale )so where do I start, the motor so far is perfect,it needs a set of plugs I think as I'm getting a bit of sputtering on my 4 th gear throttles .im going to assume that one or more may be fouled a bit with all the tuning that went on. I had it up to 16 pounds of boost at track. Pulls hard. Needs a auto so I can have a trams brake to help with boost off the line .i know they make a box that helps with the standard but my intention is to have a auto in it over winter so no need to get into that. With the standard getting off the line with drag slicks and no boost was not compare able to my pd setup. I bogged heavily and then as I geared up lost boost between shifts and lost et bad. Top speed at 16 pounds was around 136. Once we get this thing to make boost off the line and hold it I can't even imagine what it will run. Turned it up to 20 pounds here at home and took it for a run and if you have ever wondered what it's like to be in a car with 1000 hp it is crazy. In closing. If u put this system on a automatic hang on for dear life right out of the box. (Well a stall converter would help) on the standard it just takes a little more time to build boost and there is electronics to deal with that.kit was installed well and on a race car with the proper supporting mods I think this would be the last mod u would need. Big big grin

What was the ET? 60? 1/8th Mph?

Basically, can you post the slip? Lol
Old 10-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #10
bcguy
bcguy

I didn't post them because they were horrible lol 11.3 fastest and 2.0 60 s. Just to be clear though this build was just finished and the controler we were stil setting up. It's actually pretty funny to run an 11.7 at 136 miles per hour
Old 10-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #11
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
I didn't post them because they were horrible lol 11.3 fastest and 2.0 60 s. Just to be clear though this build was just finished and the controler we were stil setting up. It's actually pretty funny to run an 11.7 at 136 miles per hour
No problem. It always takes a few track visits to get the bugs worked out. Hopefully you'll have something you're proud to post of soon enough.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #12
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Welcome to the turbo world lol..Give me a call before you run again I have a few tips for you..congrats on the build!
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:54 AM   #13
Twin2010

Drives: 2010 twin turbo ss
Congrats. I love my turbo set up. I dont bother taking it to the track with my m6 because its nearly impossible to get the damn things to launch very good
Twin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #14
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Was good to put a face to a car. That's a great build. Congrats.
You'll be crazy fast next year. (unless your racing more this season lol)
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote