Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
TooIrish

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro Covertible LT1
New Top??????

I recently bought a 2014 convertible Camaro LT 1. I had my windows tinted and I noticed on the back of the rear window it looks like there's a clean slice right below the window. It's not noticeable unless you walk right up to it. My assumption is that the company that tinted the windows did it because I'm having to take it back to get the rear window tinted because it's bubbling up around the edges.
To my recollection the slice did not go all the way through the convertible top. I recently had it at the Chevrolet dealership to get my new keys because of the recall and they told me that they would put a new top on the car.
Would like some advice on whether or not to let them do that especially since they will do it for free.
Thanks
TooIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I would do it while they will do it for free. That will only get worse. Most dealerships are getting pretty darn good at replacing the tops. May want to ask if they have ever done them before.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
TooIrish

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro Covertible LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I would do it while they will do it for free. That will only get worse. Most dealerships are getting pretty darn good at replacing the tops. May want to ask if they have ever done them before.
Thanks for the info....
TooIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Really? Then why are there so many other owners bitching that they cut cables or otherwise messed up? Mine has almost 30K on it and has marks and stuff, but I am very hesitant to allow them to touch mine for this very reason.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #5
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
You are seeing less and less in comparison to the first wave. Of course you are seeing just the problems on the forum but for good reason. There was a posting here asking about the number of tops that were good and most all were responding positively.
At 30k and you believe you have top problems I would not wait to get it taken care of. Ask the dealer how many he has done. I had mine replaced and made sure a GM tech was on site for the replacement since this was the first replacement for the dealership. Everything worked out.
I have had many verts and all have had fold marks. You won't find any canvas tops without them. Cutting marks are different and the top needs replacement.
Let's be real we all know the 2011 & early 2012 tops had a design issue. But it didn't effect all cars.