Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Fuse pull

Trying the fuse pull overnight on my 2010 SS manual:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=Fuse+pull

Anyone else try it?
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
NFRNOSS

So I *think* I noticed a bit of a difference this morning. The car seemed smoother, but then again, it was also a warmer day today. I have no idea if this actually changed anything lol
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
Trying the fuse pull overnight on my 2010 SS manual:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=Fuse+pull

Anyone else try it?
Dude only on the L99 does the fuse pull work.
On our LS3's you need to disconnect the negative battery cable for a hour or so or best would be overnight. p.s. don't close the trunk all the way its hard to climb thru the back seat to open it again lol.
I've do this to ours and it seemed to make a difference. I'll do it at the race track even for a hour before making a run.
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
NFRNOSS

well, out of the 100 pages in that thread, people said it would work, and others said it wouldn't on the 2010 SS, so I thought I'd try anyway
Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdinger View Post
On our LS3's you need to disconnect the negative battery cable for a hour or so or best would be overnight...
??? You sure? This doesn't sound right to me.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
On our LS3's you need to disconnect the negative battery cable for a hour or so or best would be overnight. p.s. don't close the trunk all the way its hard to climb thru the back seat to open it again lol.
I've do this to ours and it seemed to make a difference. I'll do it at the race track even for a hour before making a run.
Where did you hear this? Fuse pull works on all the SS engines.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 03-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
I tried to find it in the forums but with sooo many threads and family being here for easter no time. I will look harder tonight. I read this in the fuel table resets back in early 10'. So when I find it i'll post a link. I've never done the fuse pull because of the thread.

DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
I tried to find it in the forums but with sooo many threads and family being here for easter no time. I will look harder tonight. I read this in the fuel table resets back in early 10'. So when I find it i'll post a link. I've never done the fuse pull because of the thread.

Fuse pull 100% for sure works on all SS models.

I confirmed this myself on my 2012 SS after trying mid grade (89 octane) and then going back to 91. The car felt a bit sluggish, had a slightly rougher idle and the throttle response was a bit lazy. Once I did the fuse pull (i only left #5 and #20 out for ~15 minutes) the car came right back to life!

My car is an LS3 6-speed manual, so, it DOES work.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #9
truggles
The Red C

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I tried this twice on my 2012 SS (after using 89 grade on a long trip). I didn't notice any difference
truggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #10
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
2012 L99...definitely worked!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #11
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by truggles View Post
I tried this twice on my 2012 SS (after using 89 grade on a long trip). I didn't notice any difference
And you most likely wont notice it if you drive like a normal sane human being, but when you open her up or are being aggressive with the car, thats when you'll notice it.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
And you most likely wont notice it if you drive like a normal sane human being, but when you open her up or are being aggressive with the car, thats when you'll notice it.

Correct. I had to get on it the day I did the fuse pull. Drove it aggressively on a certain stretch of road, parked it at home and did the fuse pull. Took it out on that same stretch the next day and really noticed the difference.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #13
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
well, out of the 100 pages in that thread, people said it would work, and others said it wouldn't on the 2010 SS, so I thought I'd try anyway
This whole issue started with the 2010 L99's.

This may be covered in the other thread you'vre been reading and someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the issue is the computer figures out what type of fuel is in the car or the octane levels based on spark knock. It then pulls timing on the engine to prevent knock and or pre-detonation.(lower octane fuel).

Pulled timing causes the engine to run rich and reduces the potential for detonation. However, this also means lost HP. When they were dyno tuning mine, we had pulls on the dyno, if memory serves me correct, that were in excess of 700RWHP. Because my goal was to be as bullet proof as possible we pulled a number of degrees of timing and ended up at 666RWHP. Again it has been awhile but I believe I was told the day I picked the car up that if I wasn't happy with the power I still had almost 9 degrees of timing left to play with.

So the fuse pull and or battery disconnect works like a reset button. The computer should re-learn the octane levels and give back some of the timing that it pulled. Advancing the timing should result in an increase in HP. Now this isn't going to help if you continue to use an 87 octane in the car.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote