Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
Dawn55430

Drives: 2023 Radiant Red 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGoodson View Post
"nice car, I bet you thanked daddy for that one".

No sir my car my payments.

"right like some kid has 50 grand laying around".

You sir are a moron.

Then I'd walk away but honestly it's a Camaro.... Not a corvette... Looks nice yes but I personally wouldn't spend 50k on anything that wasn't German unless it had two flags or a snake on the front of it.
I get similar crap from certain "employment challenged" relatives.
Must be nice = perks of 30 years of working my ass off and knowing when to shut up if the boss is crabby.

Wish I had that kind of money laying around = I don't, but the bank does and I have a good credit score, so they share.

I just smile and shake my head too.
Dawn55430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #44
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
Not always men, probably more but women do it too. What's their syndrome?
BBS <--- Big B*tch Syndrone
Old 05-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #45
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
I had a Victory Red SS fly by me on the parkway today at 110+ mph. I was only going 85...although he was four lanes and a median away from me in the local.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #46
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
Had a fly by this AM, 10 mi up the road was a speed trap. Fly by got busted.....
Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #47
All Star
I'm an Engineer

This flier, flew by me, AT the speed trap actually. I posted in my regional forum to see if anyone would take the credit, lol. It's NJ, the cop didn't even blink.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #48
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
I get this quite a bit too. Driving to work at 5am on a sunday morning. 5 open lanes on the highway, Im in the center lane with the cuise control at about 70. Some D-nozzle comes righ up on my ass, rides it for a few minuts then goes FLYING by like I'm sitting still... really? 10 over isnt fast enough. I've seen 3 times now when they get pulled over! I'm always sure to slow way down when I pass them and wave.. once a dude gave me the bird with the Trooper sanding right next to his car..lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #49
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
I have found that 5th gen owners are very oversensitive.

Please post this thread in ls1tech to see what responses you get lol.
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #50
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
I can't get anybody to race Ferrari's ,mustangs, Challengers. The only one who wanted to or could keep up was jetta Pussies!!!
HardrockSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #51
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn55430 View Post
OK, apology first. To those of you who always posted about people wanting to race you, I thought you were just trying to sound cool or whatever. I'm sorry I doubted you.

Now my rant about having to modify my driving style because of this car. I have a lead foot and like to go fast. I'm a fairly aggressive driver, but I think I keep it less than reckless. My old car was a Monte Carlo SS, nobody raced me or even gave me much of a second thought except to comment on the graphics. And I just zoomed along at will without being bothered.

This car is a whole different story. I try to pass some moron going 50 in the middle lane, I move left and goose it, only to find them keeping up with me now. This NEVER happened in my old car. Now it happens every couple days. WTF, I'm a 46 year old suburban grandmother. I'm not racing you, I have no intention of racing you, I don't care if you can go faster than me. I just want to get around you. I've found myself driving like a little old lady wondering if I dare pass or if that will start something. I'm about ready to post a sign in the window that says. "I'm not racing you, I'm just sick of being behind you." Or maybe a license plate that says JUST MOVE!

Again sorry to those I've doubted. I am now a believer. This car brings out the crazies.
Have you noticed everyone and their dog trying to beat you off the line at a red light stop!!! Does not seem to matter, whatever I pull up next to, most times it seems they hammer their car with everything they have to beat me off the line and usually I just creep it off the line not being aggressive at all.

The funny thing is if we happen to come to the next light with the same person next to me, I get after it harder and play with them. YOu instantly know if they are being an A$$ as they still try to beat you. Got to love it when a Ford Ranger is trying to launch with a supercharged SS!!!

Every once in a while I will unload her and show them what they are telling themselves they can beat off the line. I am no racer by any means but its not hard to make most of these guys look like fools and do wo without breaking any speed limits or being careless in any way.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #52
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
It hasn't happend yet as far as passing someone and they try to keep up.

What's the legal recourse though? If they don't allow you to pass and you have to greatly exceed the speed limit to get by them at this point to avoid being trapped in a lane with potential oncoming traffic? I've seen people pull that move, they speed up, dont let you by, then slow down so you can't get back into the appropriate lane.

Once I'm in the other lane, come hell or high water I'm getting passed them. No head on collisons for me kthx.

Any LEO's have input on this?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #53
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn55430 View Post
OK, apology first. To those of you who always posted about people wanting to race you, I thought you were just trying to sound cool or whatever. I'm sorry I doubted you.

Now my rant about having to modify my driving style because of this car. I have a lead foot and like to go fast. I'm a fairly aggressive driver, but I think I keep it less than reckless. My old car was a Monte Carlo SS, nobody raced me or even gave me much of a second thought except to comment on the graphics. And I just zoomed along at will without being bothered.

This car is a whole different story. I try to pass some moron going 50 in the middle lane, I move left and goose it, only to find them keeping up with me now. This NEVER happened in my old car. Now it happens every couple days. WTF, I'm a 46 year old suburban grandmother. I'm not racing you, I have no intention of racing you, I don't care if you can go faster than me. I just want to get around you. I've found myself driving like a little old lady wondering if I dare pass or if that will start something. I'm about ready to post a sign in the window that says. "I'm not racing you, I'm just sick of being behind you." Or maybe a license plate that says JUST MOVE!

Again sorry to those I've doubted. I am now a believer. This car brings out the crazies.
Dawn as long as you own a camaro you will continue to experience this. I just got home but before arriving home I too encountered the same situation. At times it can be very annoying, especially when you just want to relax, and enjoy the drive. You get some bonehead trying to bait you into a race. I too can be a very agressive driver at times. My wife might even say, I have a bit of road rage. If you ever decide to produce such a sticker, and chosed to sell it here on C5. I'll be your first paid customer. . Just ignore them because it's only going to continue especially when people see you coming thru in that hot car of yours.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #54
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Some guy in a 4 cylinder Nissan pulled up to me at a stop light the other day. He pops it into neutral and sounded like he red lined the engine ... twice , I look over and chuckle. Light turns green and he takes off like a bat out of hell and I have the slowest start possible, no gas only clutch. I just did not feel the need to waste gas because of this clown. Eventually I catch up to him laugh again at him and slowly pull away as he seemed to slow down. I just don't get some people, why they would even think I would attempt to race them in their parents 4 cylinder car .
Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #55
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camslambam View Post
I have found that 5th gen owners are very oversensitive.
We are oversensitive, I am failing to see the issue though.