Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #1093
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
My car has been at the dealership for a full month now...

I'm starting to get worried...
Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #1094
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Those bastards. They should put Z28 wheels on your car for your troubles.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #1095
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

For serious?

All OK?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #1096
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
And for the record I am not slamming the OPs particular incidence here. I'm with the OP 100% here as far as getting screwed by this dealer. I am merely slamming most of your idea that the dealer is legally obligated to give someone more than the value of the car. I hope he get's a new car. I think that would be MORE than fair and a good outcome. But they don't OWE him a new car. And I doubt that the OP thinks they do. (not possitive)

Should they give more than the value? Absolutely. Case by case of course but it's a decision that they get to make.

But should they be liable to? Hell no. Their liability goes to the value.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #1097
Barry2424

Drives: 1970 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You must have missed a few posts that stated GM is aware of the situation and I'm sure they are doing what they can to help resolve this situation. See post #933.
I did miss #933. Sorry that I spoke out of turn. I just know in my heart I would be sick if it happened to me or to any of my classic cars. Even having collector car insurance, the way the market dove in 08 and bounced a little, the insurance company will find a way to low ball you. You can never get your dream car back. Just a bad memory. I'll wait to see how this all plays out to decide.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #1098
David O

Drives: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
Can't shake employment forever...
Will not have too. Transfer any ownership of real property to someone you trust, wait 2 years file bankruptcy's. They wouldn't collect a penny, EVER! Get job, transfer real property back. It's done thousands of times a year across this country.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #1099
Barry2424

Drives: 1970 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlemsBumble View Post
Over this? You can't be serious.
You are right, temporally out of my mind. Love the Torch Red with a black top.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #1100
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerJPowell View Post
For serious?

All OK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Those bastards. They should put Z28 wheels on your car for your troubles.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...336016:frusty:
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #1101
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Pfadt Racing: My hat's off to you guys for your gesture. When I get mine, you and JDP will be the people I contact.

Jhoop: Your story is similar to a story from a friend of mine. He took his Maxima to a dealership for something simple several years ago and they dropped the car from the lift. They took him through a TON of changes but the end result was that he was never really made whole. The car had a ton of problems after that which neither Nissan nor the dealership remedied.

In this case, I sincerely hope you are made 100% whole.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #1102
Mark0101

Drives: Lincoln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
nor is he suing McDonalds for a million over a lap full of hot spilled coffee.
Might wanna look up google images for "McDonald's hot coffee burns" on google images, it was a legitimate case.

Back to the discussion, I fully support jhooper that he should have a car which is equal or better than what his car was. I hope everything turns out good for him.

And the vender who offered the suspension upgrade
Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #1103
kamin

Drives: A fast one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Lets look at this differently....

I believe the dealership and insurance company of the dealership is treating this as if an unknown entity broke into the dealership, took the keys, destroyed the car.

A. The dealership would ONLY be suing the thief for the damage for the building and have absolutely NO responsibility for the theft and damage to the ZL1.

B. The owner (OP) insurance company handles the claim and ensuing lawsuit against the thief who broke into the dealership and stole the car.

C. The dealership has no responsibility to rectify anything for the ZL1 damage.

D. The OP insurance company has the responsibility to make the OP whole as best they can and NOT the dealership.

HOWEVER!!!!!

Since the theft...and this IS a theft, the dealership is 100% responsible for all damage and to make the OP whole by any and all means up to and including breech of contract and merchant ability.

My house burns down accidentally, my house gets rebuilt better than it was before if that is how I want it. HOWEVER, if I contract someone to burn my house down, he gets caught, I get implicated, I am ass-out.

Catch my drift?
I registered just to dispute this post.

The dealer is 100% liable, because they were in possession of the car at the time of the theft. This is no different that if an employee damages a car while the shop is open. When you drop a car off at a repair facility, the facility is completely responsible for the vehicles well being until it is returned. This is why a walk-around is performed and all scratches/dings/damage is marked. The customer and service writer should sign the paper this way there is an agreed upon record of the car's condition before it is worked on. I was a service manager for many years and have unfortunately had to deal with bullshit idiot techs who damage cars. Just because the dealer was closed doesn't mean they aren't responsible for the car because at the time of the damage it was signed over to the dealer. What if a random person has broken into the dealer and stole the car? this is NO DIFFERENT.

The dealer and their insurance should be covering this in a 100% fashion. period. The customer should be either receiving a check for the high value of the car or (at this point) a new replacement because this is ludicrous.

Last edited by kamin; 01-12-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #1104
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0101 View Post
Might wanna look up google images for "McDonald's hot coffee burns" on google images, it was a legitimate case.
I stand corrected.

{Insert legitimate example of a frivolous lawsuit here.}

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #1105
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamin View Post
I registered just to dispute this post.

The dealer is 100% liable, because they were in possession of the car at the time of the theft. This is no different that if an employee damages a car while the shop is open. When you drop a car off at a repair facility, the facility is completely responsible for the vehicles well being until it is returned. This is why a walk-around is performed and all scratches/dings/damage is marked. The customer and service writer should sign the paper this way there is an agreed upon record of the car's condition before it is worked on. I was a service manager for many years and have unfortunately had to deal with bullshit idiot techs who damage cars. Just because the dealer was closed doesn't mean they aren't responsible for the car because at the time of the damage it was signed over to the dealer. What if a random person has broken into the dealer and stole the car? this is NO DIFFERENT.

The dealer and their insurance should be covering this in a 100% fashion. period. The customer should be either receiving a check for the high value of the car or (at this point) a new replacement because this is ludicrous.

THIS
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #1106
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
So I wrecked my 1le today

I don't know if it totaled yet or not (pics here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336943

But I sure hope it is so I can go down to 1st state chevrolet and get myself a new one! They'll probably let me test drive other customers cars!

New sig
|
|

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1