Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
verbal bashing/attempt at guilt trip

Feeling a bit beat down today. I was on my way to work, stuck in traffic (sat thru the same light thru 3 cycles) and from the corner of my eye i caught this middle age woman trying to get my attention. I figured she was just trying to shoot me a compliment about my car so I rolled down my window. For no reason at all she just went on this tangent about how I am the cause of all the worlds enviormental problems, that I am wasteful and ignorant. I didnt let her talk long before i rolled up my window and atttempted to ignore her but i could tell i really irritated her for some reason. For a moment she acted like she was going to throw a bottle of soda at me but i guess she decided against it. I let it go but the whole situation was frustrating.
mmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I would hate to see what she would of done is you where driving a diseal

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I would have done something irrational like lay down a smoke screen in front of her car Silly hippies...

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Next time, go out of your way to explain that the car is actually pretty good on gas mileage. That its the performance mods that you added to it are what made it really bad on the environment.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
I haven't gotten any of these comments with the Camaro, but I have gotten them with my 1976 Lincoln "gas pig".

I usually reply with "I bought an American car to support the American economy. Did you?" 9 times out of 10 they are driving something foreign. Of course if she was walking this might not work.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I would have done something irrational like lay down a smoke screen in front of her car Silly hippies...
Old 05-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Moonchopper

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro SS/RS LS3
Get that crap outta here, damn. If any insane environmentalist has anything to say about my car, they better be riding a bike or walking. If you're driving a car in the first place, you're not 'helping the environment,' no matter how 'clean' or 'eco-friendly' it is.

Can't stand hypocrites at all. Bunch of tools.

i.e. don't feel bad, OP. She was just a bitch.
Moonchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartian View Post
Feeling a bit beat down today. I was on my way to work, stuck in traffic (sat thru the same light thru 3 cycles) and from the corner of my eye i caught this middle age woman trying to get my attention. I figured she was just trying to shoot me a compliment about my car so I rolled down my window. For no reason at all she just went on this tangent about how I am the cause of all the worlds enviormental problems, that I am wasteful and ignorant. I didnt let her talk long before i rolled up my window and atttempted to ignore her but i could tell i really irritated her for some reason. For a moment she acted like she was going to throw a bottle of soda at me but i guess she decided against it. I let it go but the whole situation was frustrating.
Don't let irrational morons get you down.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
mmartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Don't let irrational morons get you down.
Thanks, I would have never thought someone would hate me so much for me minding my own business sitting at a red light.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
mmartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linc400 View Post
I haven't gotten any of these comments with the Camaro, but I have gotten them with my 1976 Lincoln "gas pig".

I usually reply with "I bought an American car to support the American economy. Did you?" 9 times out of 10 they are driving something foreign. Of course if she was walking this might not work.
Too funny, I have to remember this for future use, but hopefully it will never happen again
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Next time tell her it is a hybrid, then when she acts smart tell her it burns gas and tires and lay 'em down for her. Some of these people don't understand how toxic their batteries are in their cars, how much coal is burned when they charge their cars, etc. Don't even get me started on the "carbon footprints" they preach on constantly about while having children who will only add to the very thing they are preaching against. They are just clueless morons who believe they are of higher intellect/intelligence than the rest of society and want to run (ruin) everybody's lives except their own, which is usually in constant disarray from lack of attention.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
I had the same sort of reactions when I owned a Hummer H3. Of course, it made no difference that it had a tiny 5-cylinder engine that had better gas mileage than most SUV's....I still got hastled.

One day my wife was driving it and some A-hole in a Yaris cut right in front of her while getting on to the freeway and then slammed on his brakes. My wife nearly ran off the road avoiding him with my two childeren in the truck. He flipped her off and drove away.

Another time I came out of a restaurant to find the back of the truck had been plastered with "YOUR SUV IS KILLING THE PLANET" bumper stickers on it.

I can handle the stickers, although I would have shot the F-er if I had caught him/her. But the evironmental whack-jobs putting my kids in danger was the last straw. I traded it off on a Cadillac CTS.
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
mmartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchopper View Post
Get that crap outta here, damn. If any insane environmentalist has anything to say about my car, they better be riding a bike or walking. If you're driving a car in the first place, you're not 'helping the environment,' no matter how 'clean' or 'eco-friendly' it is.

Can't stand hypocrites at all. Bunch of tools.

i.e. don't feel bad, OP. She was just a bitch.
I am not that great with cars/models, unless it is a car I have owned. I can tell you its a cube (funny looking grey boxy looking thing) so I have no idea if it is foreign or if its good with gas.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Good thing were in your car or she may have keyed it.
Look at the abuse H2 owners put up with.
http://www.fuh2.com/
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote