Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
Hec_45th

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary 2LT RS
It's one who chooses to keep up not necessarily the Corp.
Handling the market. I choose to have a 12 year tv and not purchase a new one just like I wanted the 12 camaro. Not a scam just development released at a planned time using market driven techniques. Don't get mad if you can't get the latest and baddest toys. Enjoy the s*** out of the one you got
Now!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
GM is evil, for marketing with an eye towards "profit." As a non- profit charity organization, they should be giving us the tomorrow's technology yesterday, and for free. Big jerks.

Or, another thing they could do... is, once they build something really cool, they could then take a vow of abstinence from improvement.... just keep it the same. For a long time.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #31
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
GM is evil, for marketing with an eye towards "profit." As a non- profit charity organization, they should be giving us the tomorrow's technology yesterday, and for free. Big jerks.

Or, another thing they could do... is, once they build something really cool, they could then take a vow of abstinence from improvement.... just keep it the same. For a long time.
Lol yes because supercharges and convertibles were invented in 2012... After the release of the 5th gen camaros
Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #32
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purv24 View Post
Lol yes because supercharges and convertibles were invented in 2012... After the release of the 5th gen camaros
So then what you're saying is that GM should have introduced the ENTIRE Camaro product line, simultaneously, in 2009? LS, LT, SS, ZL1, the 1LE trim level, all the convertibles, everything..?

I want to know two things. First, how old are you? And second, please, please tell me that you have never, will never, attempt to invest your money in anything of your own choosing? Because your business acumen is close enough as makes no difference, zero.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #33
purv24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
So then what you're saying is that GM should have introduced the ENTIRE Camaro product line, simultaneously, in 2009? LS, LT, SS, ZL1, the 1LE trim level, all the convertibles, everything..?

I want to know two things. First, how old are you? And second, please, please tell me that you have never, will never, attempt to invest your money in anything of your own choosing? Because your business acumen is close enough as makes no difference, zero.
Don't forget the z/28
Iroc z or te berlinetta! Cause they're coming!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #34
Hec_45th

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post

True true true. Let's think of the amazing marketing done for the Avengers, introduce one super hero at a time and then bring them together. Wasn't that Epic marketing? It worked out great and so forth with our beautiful Camaros.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I have a 2ss, love it. But besides that, I think these car companies, whether together or not, are just playing a game with consumers.

First Camaro comes out, high end is an SS, how many people love camaros and want to buy them because theyve been gone for a while.

They dont put out the convertible yet.

Then next year they put out the vert, how many people are like "dam now they gott a convertible, i HAVE to have it, and trade their ss for a vert.

Then they come out with the ZL1, how many people, whether they have done it or not, want to trade their ss and or Vert for a ZL1, I know i wouldnt mind it.

On top of that, although the ZL1 is a beast, it doesnt even compare to the GT500, its more comparable to the BOSS, thats not what Chevys about.

But just wait, theyll come out with a ZL1 next year that will be better and faster, then all the first ZL1 owners will want an upgrade.

In a couple of years well see a Z/28, it will be the same thing.

Ford is the same way, theyve been doing it for years, sales dropped off after the introduction of the 99 and up models, so what do they do? Put a supercharger in the Cobra.

Then theres a new/old body style, everyone HAS to have, but no Cobra, just a TRASH GT, then a couple of years later the Shelby GT500 comes out, everyone has to trade up now.

First GT500 was pretty much a joke, they sandbagged it. Then the GT sucks, so they put in a 5.0 to compete with the SS, and put out the Boss 302, 2 more gimmicks to get sales.

At the beginning of the decade they also had the mach 1, and the bullett, neither worthy of any special name plate.

Now, just before they go to the new mustang model they have this ridiculous Shelby out that pretty much beats everything american except for the z06 and zr1s.

Dodge was the same way, lets put out a charger, that blows, everyone wants a charger. Now everyone has a charger, so lets bring out the Challenger, everyone wants a Challenger, but theyre too heavy, so lets put a bigger motor.

Its funny to me, with todays technology they could have produced that Shelby 5 years ago, but they didnt want to. Just like this years ZL1, can you imagine how much theyre holding back? You think Chevy would really lose to the Shelby? Just a ploy.
Boy you must really hate Apple then.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
purv24

Yep apple does it too... Difference is 40000 dollars though, maybe that's why I'm different... I don't buy shit cause I see it on transformers, or cause everyone else has it.

And I wasnt in line at best buy on blak Friday to buy a laptop that isn't even cheaper than the regular labor day sale, and probably why I don't go watch any of the batman remakes or comic book movies
Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #37
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Gees...have you never heard of a company called Apple?.....every six-eight months there's a new Ipad/Iphone
Old 06-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #38
purv24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Gees...have you never heard of a company called Apple?.....every six-eight months there's a new Ipad/Iphone

Again difference is 40k.

And in some phones theres actually new technology, theyre not taking some brakes that were put on racecars 12 years ago and calling it a "breakthrough"

That said, i still have the same iphone i got 2 years ago, there has been nothing new enough to warrant purchasing a new one.

But then again I guess most of the people replying to this are just like most of the people I know in life, materialistic, how many of you guys will have your camaro in 5 years let alone 3?

Its cool you are on here now, but when the "new camaro" buzz fades, will you have some new machine you call your favorite? Dont answer me just ask yourself.

Do you buy clothes because the mannequin is wearing them? Or do you buy something thats comfortable and looks all right?

Biggest example of that is skinny jeans, ALL FAD, theres no way theyre comfortable, they even look like shyt, so if you wear skinny jeans, lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #39
purv24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Thats why i will keep what i have and build what i want from that base! Its not like we dont know this all already...look at Apple, they have people hooked on the iphone like Crack Heads to Crack...me included...lol! Everyone has that ONE thing that they just HAVE to have the latest and greatest...be it shoes, clothes, car, phone, Girl...etc, etc, etc!

NIce, a person that gets what THEY want, and doesnt have commercials, and car companys ram it down their throat.

I know so many people that trade their cars in every 2-3 years, to have something new, meanwhile i have 4 cars and 3 paid off.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
purv24

Same principle applies to the movies, as someone pointed out with the Avengers.

But answer this, the creators of Dumb and DumberER, did not even ASK jim carey or jeff daniels to make the sequel.

In that case they knew they would have to pay them, they could pay them, and create a legit sequel and make fans happy, or just use the title to make money, and what did they do?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #41
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
Quote:
And its whats wrong with the world today. 75 years ago, it was about helping the consumer and making life easier. Now its about generating money.
Oddly enough for some reason those companies that was about making life easier and helping the consumer are all out of business today.

personally i like the progress, love the faster computers that come out every year, love the high tech cell phones that try to top each other season after season.

Thank GOD i am not living 75 years ago, sitting in a sweltering house during 110 degree summer days because the average house had one window unit ac. Hopefully we get faster, more powerful cars year after year because my self control will allow me to wait until I am ready to buy my next-best toy. It might be 4 years from now, it might be ten- but lucky for me the toys will be much better when i am ready to buy.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Again difference is 40k.

And in some phones theres actually new technology, theyre not taking some brakes that were put on racecars 12 years ago and calling it a "breakthrough"

That said, i still have the same iphone i got 2 years ago, there has been nothing new enough to warrant purchasing a new one.

But then again I guess most of the people replying to this are just like most of the people I know in life, materialistic, how many of you guys will have your camaro in 5 years let alone 3?

Its cool you are on here now, but when the "new camaro" buzz fades, will you have some new machine you call your favorite? Dont answer me just ask yourself.

Do you buy clothes because the mannequin is wearing them? Or do you buy something thats comfortable and looks all right?

Biggest example of that is skinny jeans, ALL FAD, theres no way theyre comfortable, they even look like shyt, so if you wear skinny jeans, lol.
I didn't want a car. I didn't need a car. I wasn't looking for a car. THIS car grabbed me.

I hated the 4th Gen Camaro but my driving roots go back Camaro. I'll have this car for a long long time. I"d give this car to my son before I sold it. He's graduated high school so he'll have to get his own for now but I don't mind modding my car to the way I like it.

I'm one of those guys who likes the latest greatest toy. But for 40k I don't need the latest greatest. Phones, sure, I'll pay. This car is a love affair. I dont' need the younger hotter model. I have an older hot model.

Closed Thread