Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Maybe help give you guys a timeline from order to delivery, my experience

FYI -
My experience :
Ordered my 1LT May 13, 2009 in Salisbury, North Carolina .
Dealer advised me car was scheduled for production June 29 .
In using 'The Official Built and Bayed' post, found today that my car was shipped 7/1/09 and arrived in South Carolina 7/15/09 at 6:00pm .

I will now try to find how long a car sits at the destined rail station before a truck picks it up, but Dixiana is approx. 2 hrs. from my dealer . I ASSUME the car will arrive today or tomorrow ????..

Hope this helps some with their experience (reading process for my order) .
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]

Last edited by calflan; 07-16-2009 at 10:35 AM.
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
There is no set pattern. Too many variables. Distance has little to no effect on speed. The train track could be 100+ miles away or across the street and the red tape would be the same.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
calflan

Spoke to the CSX rail rep and was told the rail car offloaded this morning and the truck delivery service has a 3 day contract to get delivery to dealer .
He said given the demand for the Camaro's and from what he's seen, they are usually picked up pretty quick, though . He bet his lunch it'd be here tomorrow, possibly tonight .
We'll see.

Understood the variables are all over the map, but thought perhaps this thread might provide some relief to those, who like me, thought once the car left production it was like a week and the dealer should have it. I was surprised the rail system took 2 weeks to get it down here . I also just today got my VIN and order listed on the tracking thread. Wish I'd done that 2 weeks ago .
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
Old 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
check my sig for timeline to the Atlanta area......2 weeks ship time.
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
calflan

So perhaps there IS a pattern ????
Mine's looking like it'll mimmick your schedule.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
calflan

OK scratch all my previous positive posting on this.

Today I went to the dealer to see where my car is. They said 'any day now'. Anybody heard that before ???......

Then they proceeded to ask the manager, who told mid August !
I lost it !!!!!

So... I said, "wait a minute, the car left production 7/1 and was shipped, arriving in Dixiana, S.C. 7/15 (THANK YOU 'BUILT AND BAYED THREAD' SHEET ON THIS SITE, SINCE APPARENTLY THE DEALERS HAVE NO PROBLEM BLOWING CUSTOMERS OFF WITH THE SAME OLE, SAME OLE). The car has been sitting in S.C. for 2 days, surely Chevrolet can tell me where the car is".

NOTE: Use the Built and Bayed thread and approach your dealer with some intelligence they have no idea you have access to and you may get results rather than a blow off.

I appreciated the work the guys have done on that thread, but now I have a totally new appreciation.

One of the office people went in and made a less than 3 minute phone call, then came out and apologized for not giving me more, but the car is due to be loaded on a truck Monday and arrive either late Monday daytime Tuesday.

I give up !!!
I work in customer service for a manufacturer and if you can help a customer, why not put just that tad of effort toward doing so ??? If they had made this call a few times prior and kept me up to date, I'd be a much happier and INFORMED customer. Now I'm pissed. To see they can find out so quickly and are so easy to blow me off, so fast, really annoys the hell out of me.

I'm convinced, there are no decent car dealers out there. I've bought 5 new cars in my lifetime, but none have been near the excitement this one has. Maybe one of the dealers I dealt with left me walking away feeling I was treated good. This one has not and we're just getting our relationship started.

Hey GM, new power phrase for you - CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
BLACK SUNSHINE

Drives: 68 Firebird
Mine went from the rail yard to the dealer in about 3 days, but I am in the midwest which is the Hub for rail. SC,,,, not telling. Just try not to think about it
1100 = Preliminary Order: 2/26/09 ..............................3800 = Produced: 6/29 VIN: 2G1FC1EV9A9122433
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/19/09 ...............................4000 = Available to Ship: 7/1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: ? ..........4200 = Shipped: 7/03/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production:6/6/09.......................5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/09
3400 = Broadcast:6/16/09............................... 6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/15/09
BLACK SUNSHINE is offline   Reply With Quote