Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Camber plates by company

Any chance we could consolidate a list of camber plates by company and list some of the specs.

I think it would be helpful to list out all the manufacturers and if you have pictures even better.

Here are the ones that I know of but I don't have specifications on them.

1. JPSS Knockout camber.
2. Moreno Motorsports.
3. Vorshlag Motorsports.
4. Ground Control suspension.
5. Pegasus CNC.

Are there any others?
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:41 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
The only other one I know of is Detroit Speed Engineering but I believe they only come with their coil-overs.

As far as specs go (from the reading I've done):

JPSS has two: the adjustable is just camber/SAI (no caster) and up to 2°; his "SAI plates" are not adjustable and are ~3°;
Moreno: adjustable to 1.45° caster or camber, or ~1° both;
Vorshlag: if memory serves, adjustable to 2.5° camber, not sure about caster;
Ground Control: don't think they say, don't remember;
Pegasus: adjustable to 1.5° camber or caster, or ~1° both
DSE: don't know
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #3
Abdi
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
The only other one I know of is Detroit Speed Engineering but I believe they only come with their coil-overs.

As far as specs go (from the reading I've done):

JPSS has two: the adjustable is just camber/SAI (no caster) and up to 2°; his "SAI plates" are not adjustable and are ~3°;
Moreno: adjustable to 1.45° caster or camber, or ~1° both;
Vorshlag: if memory serves, adjustable to 2.5° camber, not sure about caster;
Ground Control: don't think they say, don't remember;
Pegasus: adjustable to 1.5° camber or caster, or ~1° both
DSE: don't know
Yeah, you are right the DSE plates are only available with their coilover conversion kit.

I have the Ground Control plates. This is from their website: "These plates feature over 36mm of total camber adjustment with the ability to make corrective caster changes, to equalize side-to-side caster in the stock position."
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Do you know what 36mm translates to in degrees? I got me some Pegasus plates and it looks like they give ~24mm (1.5°) of adjustment, so I guess 36mm would be about 2.25°?

Another thing we could mention is that (correct me if I'm wrong) all of the plates except JPSS's don't require drilling/modifying the strut towers; JP's knock out plates require drilling; his SAI plates require either drilling/cutting or welding/cutting depending on what style you get.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #5
Abdi
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Do you know what 36mm translates to in degrees? I got me some Pegasus plates and it looks like they give ~24mm (1.5°) of adjustment, so I guess 36mm would be about 2.25°?

Another thing we could mention is that (correct me if I'm wrong) all of the plates except JPSS's don't require drilling/modifying the strut towers; JP's knock out plates require drilling; his SAI plates require either drilling/cutting or welding/cutting depending on what style you get.
I think your guess is pretty accurate. Also true is the JPSS drilling and cutting issue.

How do you like the Pegasus plates?
Old 01-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #6
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Those ground control ones are nice!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:44 PM   #7
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Hey guys, we just finished the camber plates for the Gen 6 Camaro. While we were at it, we figured we would also re-engineer our gen 5. There's several benefits to the new design. I will posting more info on our Facebook page once we get a moment. We have over 30 other suspension components in line for production for the 5th gen market, so subscribe for updates.

Still debating whether to put pockets on the top plates like that CAD drawing.

These are all great plates. Right now we are busy machining but once we get a few minutes, we will post the some of the advantages of our plates vs what''s on the market.

Name:  IMG_6528.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  191.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6529.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  114.8 KB
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
Abdi
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
Hey guys, we just finished the camber plates for the Gen 6 Camaro. While we were at it, we figured we would also re-engineer our gen 5. There's several benefits to the new design. I will posting more info on our Facebook page once we get a moment. We have over 30 other suspension components in line for production for the 5th gen market, so subscribe for updates.

Still debating whether to put pockets on the top plates like that CAD drawing.

These are all great plates. Right now we are busy machining but once we get a few minutes, we will post the some of the advantages of our plates vs what''s on the market.
Those looks excellent! You guys are always setting the bar high and it's clearly noticeable. Even if only for aesthetics the pockets are worth it so long as it doesn't increase the price dramatically.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #9
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
BUMP, which manufacturers remain in this field?

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:50 AM   #10
2thousand2

Drives: 1997 Camaro SS
Good thread, thanks for taking the time to consolidate the info!!
2thousand2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:42 PM   #11
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I'm rather upset with the Vorshlag plates. I ordered them over last winter and got them installed in time for Auto-X season. I was maxed-out at around -1.9 degrees before the plates but was looking forward to getting to somewhere between -3.0 and -3.5.

The Vorshlag website says that with their plates, with OEM springs, you gain an "additional" 2.5 degrees of negative camber. The word "additional" is clear on their website. Before ordering, I watched their install video on Youtube and in the video, the host/narrator says that with their plates on OEM 5th Gen suspension, you will get -3.5 degrees of camber. Okay, a small discrepancy between the written description (1.9 + 2.5 would be around 4.4 degrees total) and the video, but since I don't think I'll need to go past 3.5, I'm good.

Get everything installed and get over to my alignment guy, and we are stuck at -2.4 degrees on the passenger side, we can get about -2.6 on the drivers side. It's Sunday, so I have to wait till the next day to call. I start describing the issue and the gentlemen on the phone at Vorshlag explains that I've hit the 'crux' of the 5th-gen Camaro's OEM springs and that -2.5 is the best I'll get.

When I explain that that's NOT what their installation video says, he points me to their website. When I explain that an "additional" 2.5 degrees is NOT the same thing as 2.5 degrees total, he brushes it off.

The plates are built well and nice looking. But I would never have spent $600 to get half a degree of additional camber.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camber