Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Just got limo tint done today....

If you ever thought about getting limo tint, let me tell you....it's beautiful. It enhances the appearance of the car greatly.

I was actually surprised, outside the car, you can't see $hit looking into this car! And alot of people have been propagating a myth that with limo tint (5%) you can't see anything outside the windows at night, and I totally disagree!

I got this thing tinted at 2pm and was driving around til like 10, and at night the visibility was fair it was more or less "shaded". I could still see the cars behind and to the side of me just fine,...not to mention they have lights on! I mean it's not that dark! I also have my limo tint exemption form from the state police website, it's filled out by my eye doctor and everything, I just have to get it notorized and sent it and no cop can touch me about it.

Check out the pics...........

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Looks great, I'm still undecided on tint.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
looks like the shop did a nice job on the tint. it does look very nice with 5% all the way around. I have the rear done that way but no doctor form, so I went lighter on the sides... lucky you.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
looks nice...how oes a note from an eye doctor let u have 5% tint?

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
looks nice...how oes a note from an eye doctor let u have 5% tint?
Easy.....every state's state police office has limo tint medical/security exemption forms that can be filled out to allow an individual to legally obtain tint; meaning....if a cop just so happens to stop you because of the tint, pissed as he may be, he can't give you a ticket for it.

According to what the cop told me, every state has these papers in order for you to get legalized. I just went to lsp.org (louisiana state police) and printed all the documents, ....went to an eye doctor I work with.... took an eye exam, got him to sign it because I'm physically affected by direct sun light and poof, here I am! I'm just waiting to get it notorized Monday, then im good!

The person who did my tint is my buddy, he knows how to paint cars, tint them, and all kinda neat stuff cosmetic wise. Every other shop was like "oh we can't do limo it's illegal!". And he's more or less like, " you got money?".
I'm still impressed at how much I can see at night, it's really not that bad. And even if I didn't have the tint done, cops usually won't pull you over if you aren't caught going over the speed limit. Here at least. Plus so many people have limo tint until it's ridiculous, and many of those people I talk to, have no permit and don't even know how to obtain one. At least I'm trying to do things the "right way".
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
so the sunlight physically affects you? will any eye doctor sign the forms for you if your eyes aren't affected by the sunlight or do you actually have to have a condition?
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
so the sunlight physically affects you? will any eye doctor sign the forms for you if your eyes aren't affected by the sunlight or do you actually have to have a condition?
Listen,...if you want limo tint, your eyes/skin are physically affected by direct sun-light, got it? Who am I to tell you when your driving and in contact with sunlight your skin doesn't becomes irritated and shortly after begin to resembles "hives" and itch for several days? Who am I to tell you that you don't suffer from photosensitivity and experience symptoms which would indicate you have photodermatosis? I dunno man,....those 500 dollar tickets do look kinda nice on paper. Whadaya say?
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
mr clutch your awesome and i'm right with you ....that laws is stupid anyway and limit our freedom i don't knock you for working the system in your favor
Old 11-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Those notes mean squat to officers and judges who actually know what they are doing. Officers can still give you a ticket for the tint and when you show up to court the judge will ask you to provide proof that you are actually have photodermatitis (it's not photodermatosis and someone who actually has the disease would know that) and the note that can be forged by anyone is not classified as proof. If you are faking it, you will get caught when you get pulled over by a knowledgeable officer and not only will you have to pay the fine or have them removed, you may also be facing fraud charges and possible jail time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
Mywife does have a photosensitiviety to prolonged direct sunlight which includes development of hives. I never knew that there was a way to legally tint your windows because of it. And I had laser eye corrective surgery 3 weeks ago and am required to wear suinglasses for a year so I will try and get the paperwork signed since my doctors want me to avoid direct sunlight!
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
That looks pretty damn cool. Good luck if you don't have any photosensitive condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
photodermatosis
Please don't ever call it that. The correct term is photodermatitis - Inflammation of the skin caused by sunlight. That's going to need to be diagnosed by a dermatologist too.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Nice Ride
Old 11-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
Spooker_Doodles
Z28, Berlin Blue, BLK Int

Drives: 2003 Chevy S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Those notes mean squat to officers and judges who actually know what they are doing. Officers can still give you a ticket for the tint and when you show up to court the judge will ask you to provide proof that you are actually have photodermatitis (it's not photodermatosis and someone who actually has the disease would know that) and the note that can be forged by anyone is not classified as proof. If you are faking it, you will get caught when you get pulled over by a knowledgeable officer and not only will you have to pay the fine or have them removed, you may also be facing fraud charges and possible jail time.
In Alaska you have to have a doctors prescription written for tint on that doctors prescription pad. They must be renewed once a year. You must have that note in the car with you at all times. So if you can get a doctor to prescribe tint you are in the clear.

We also have the ability that if you provide a ride often to someone who needs the tint you too can have tint, but you better be able to prove they are frequent riders.
Spooker_Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Actually, no, officers can't give you a ticket for tint after you have your exemption forms notarized and approved by your state's police office. If your state police office approves of the exemption they'll send you a sticker back in the mail to place under your brake tag as proof of your exemption. Your car will be specifically assigned a numeric exemption number upon the sticker they send back to you. The papers are also suppose to remain in your car at all times. With all of that being said,...no officer would waste his time and give you a ticket especially when doing so would be breaking the law; you have been legally approved by the state police office to have an exemption and thus limo tint. It's silly to say a cop would challenge his own state office's decision when he can be catching real criminals, like mustangs with limo tint.

Dude, you should lighten up,...really. If the state police approve of my exemption it doesn't matter what a single officer thinks. I went to a dermatologist/optometrist and I've been granted notarized exemption papers, who are you to tell me if im "faking" or not? The papers say other wise. You see the problem here? And also, heres another thing, NO I didn't spell photodermatosis incorrectly, there is a distinction, you should google both.

photodermatosis-Photodermatosis is a skin disease that is caused by exposure to sunlight.

People with photodermatosis may develop skin rashes following exposure to the sun. Polymorphous Light Eruption is the most common type of photodermatosis. It is most likely due to an abnormal immune system reaction to the sun. Polymorphous light eruption occurs in approximately 10 to 20 percent of otherwise healthy individuals, so it is a relatively common condition.- wikipediea......DOT COOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Photodermatitis- is an abnormal skin reaction to sunlight, or more specifically to ultraviolet (UV) rays. It can be acute (sudden) or chronic (ongoing). Photodermatitis occurs when your immune system reacts to UV rays. You may develop a rash, blisters, or scaly patches. Exposure levels and reactions differ for every person. Several factors can make your skin sensitive to light UV rays, including having an inherited tendency to photosensitivity or taking certain medications.

So actually, get it right, neither of us were wrong. Both conditions exist, and are very similar.

Quote:
Mywife does have a photosensitiviety to prolonged direct sunlight which includes development of hives. I never knew that there was a way to legally tint your windows because of it. And I had laser eye corrective surgery 3 weeks ago and am required to wear suinglasses for a year so I will try and get the paperwork signed since my doctors want me to avoid direct sunlight!
Get the tint done, just goto your state's police website, there should be a section on obtaining legal forms for this condition, legally granting you limo tint if notarized and approved by the state police. You'd get the paper work with flying colors because of your surgery.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune