Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #701
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevrod View Post
I'm about to order a 572 crater and everything behind it because I'm sick of hearing, "It's Coming"
that's the two edged sword of announcing new products before they are completely done... seen the same thing with some FI kits when the S197 Mustang came out... product was announced early and heard "in 60 days" for 18 months... LOL! Not uncommon for a this type of product to take 12 months to 18 months to go from early prototype to final shipping product...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #702
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Graham sounds very good.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #703
tstpierre

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT
i was actually pricing 572's this week ahahaah.

to be honest, i bought a v6 for the VIN. i have the cash, either FI or a total swap, i dont care.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #704
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrylnv View Post
I didn't mean to imply that you were not being patient, priz23, not at all. Sorry if it came across that way. When I talked with Jeff he knows very well how anxious everybody is. Since Sept sure is a very long time to wait. At least LPE is working on it, don't see much else going on with forced induction on V6 unfortunately.
No worries, I didn't take it that way. We're just all very excited, especially knowing how amazing these guys are.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #705
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
Actually we can tune the car and have been for quite some time, we now have made several modifications to the kit as we move towards production. The car has already made 360 rwhp and following that test we modified the fuel system. The car now has the production intent belt system and tensioner on it along with mod fuel system and a Corsa exhaust.

More test work to follow.

Regards

Graham
Fabulous! Bring it to the Chicago auto show, if you need a place to store it during the show I can offer my garage!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #706
GangGreen

Drives: Victory Red LT RS Born:3/3/09
Quote:
I'm about to order a 572 crater and everything behind it because I'm sick of hearing, "It's Coming"
Now thats what I'm talkin about!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #707
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
Actually we can tune the car and have been for quite some time, we now have made several modifications to the kit as we move towards production. The car has already made 360 rwhp and following that test we modified the fuel system. The car now has the production intent belt system and tensioner on it along with mod fuel system and a Corsa exhaust.

More test work to follow.

Regards

Graham
Thanks for the update
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #708
mikevrod
Twisted Brothers MC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
that's the two edged sword of announcing new products before they are completely done... seen the same thing with some FI kits when the S197 Mustang came out... product was announced early and heard "in 60 days" for 18 months... LOL! Not uncommon for a this type of product to take 12 months to 18 months to go from early prototype to final shipping product...
I get it, but there was plenty of advanced knowledge of the drive train platforms being used in our car. I know the V8 stuff is rehashed GTO, Vette,... equipment but this motor was an opportunity to drag more buyers in from the import market. Based on the forum talk, if it's a v6, it was purchased due economy. I bought my fully loaded LT2/RS to build a new age muscle car. I don't care if it ends up being a $48-50K v6 if I can achieve the performance I want.
G
mikevrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #709
tstpierre

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
I get it, but there was plenty of advanced knowledge of the drive train platforms being used in our car. I know the V8 stuff is rehashed GTO, Vette,... equipment but this motor was an opportunity to drag more buyers in from the import market. Based on the forum talk, if it's a v6, it was purchased due economy. I bought my fully loaded LT2/RS to build a new age muscle car. I don't care if it ends up being a $48-50K v6 if I can achieve the performance I want.
G
I'm with you. I could care less if the bill is 50k.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #710
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Good to hear you are still making progress. I already started some research on shipping quotes (enclosed) from WA to IN. Ready 2 Go.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #711
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstpierre View Post
I'm with you. I could care less if the bill is 50k.
I care! The reason I bought a V6 was because I didn't think another 100hp was worth $6-7k.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #712
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
I agree completely. If I wanted to spend that kind of money I would have taken a different route all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
I care! The reason I bought a V6 was because I didn't think another 100hp was worth $6-7k.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #713
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
G
V6 enthusiast are a very small niche group ESPECIALLY when there is a V8 model available... Majority of V6 owners will leave their cars 100% stock.... So needless to say we get pushed to the back burner really easy! I know it's sucks... but that's simply the way it is... You have to really invest your R&D money where you're going to get your biggest return... and right now that's going to be the SS...

Going back to my 2005 V6 Mustang... the 4.0L has been around for AGES... and in fact I had one in my 2000 Ranger... but yet when the 2005 Mustang moved to the 4.0L it was still quite a while before the power adders hit the market...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #714
Ricown

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM
Hey, scrming quick question so with the exhust mods and the JBA shorties you have on your car do you have to take any of that off for this or any SC?
Ricown is offline   Reply With Quote