Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #267
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Still waiting on this...
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 AM   #268
Laforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6 IOM
Still waiting for those OTR intakes(Vararam, New Era) to show up and let us know if they are in or why they are not. I know that I was leaning towards them but not if they don't stand behind their product. It makes me wonder... oh well, I know I (and i assume many others like me) won't put pride, faith and money into an intake that a company does not take pride in.

There is still time to get in the game OTR intake, you have many potential buyers that need you to step up.
Laforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:56 AM   #269
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laforce View Post
Still waiting for those OTR intakes(Vararam, New Era) to show up and let us know if they are in or why they are not. I know that I was leaning towards them but not if they don't stand behind their product. It makes me wonder... oh well, I know I (and i assume many others like me) won't put pride, faith and money into an intake that a company does not take pride in.

There is still time to get in the game OTR intake, you have many potential buyers that need you to step up.
Apparently you haven't read this thread.

Vararam isn't out yet and they don't want to send a beta intake for testing when they are still make adjustments.

New Era will send one after they catch up on their customer orders.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 AM   #270
JoshJ81

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
What is the big deal? It's a serious question not trying to start anything. From all the talk of gains from other threads your only talking about 1 to 5 hp difference from CAI to CAI right? No too mention the differences from car to, you can check 10 or 100 cars, the avg. difference will still net the same. I mean look at all the dyno runs made, not one car pulled the same number, in stock configuration or modd'ed configuration, never the same. Even 3 pulls from the same car is not the same.

A CAI is not the end all performance adder. They are all the same in my opinion. Duking out for the best CAI is cool but the overall difference is mostlikely not going to be much. Seems like there is a huge work up for not much. IMO no offense intended

K&N Air Intake System
Muffler Delete
JoshJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #271
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Ted do you have it out for a certain manufacturer and are not telling us? It sounds like you are going to test everyone the same. I may not be a smart man, but I can change my oil (sort of). I am not asking for the full explanation, and I understand the variances allowed but it just seem like if whatever the issue is going to be a problem, why is only going to be a problem for the ONE sole manufacturer? I mean is there really going to be THAT big of a problem? If you run a race and everyone has 50 lbs of weight strapped to their back, doesn't everyone have carry the 50 lbs? Don't you still find out who is stronger?

And if you have a genuine concern why can't you just call this guy and ask some questions? I feel like I'm in a Perry Mason movie...."Your Honor I object to this test because....." (loosely translated, Um my intake may not fair to well. Everyone listen to my objection, this, and only this, is the reason my intake didn't perform well.)

OK my rant is over. I just get frustrated with people who are excuse-ers. Ted is going to a lot of trouble, and has spelled out what he is going to do, and we have people who are questioning him on a forum to seemingly discredit the testing. If you are not happy with the test, don't send your product.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #272
chevyboy221

Drives: 2015 SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
Ted do you have it out for a certain manufacturer and are not telling us? It sounds like you are going to test everyone the same. I may not be a smart man, but I can change my oil (sort of). I am not asking for the full explanation, and I understand the variances allowed but it just seem like if whatever the issue is going to be a problem, why is only going to be a problem for the ONE sole manufacturer? I mean is there really going to be THAT big of a problem? If you run a race and everyone has 50 lbs of weight strapped to their back, doesn't everyone have carry the 50 lbs? Don't you still find out who is stronger?

And if you have a genuine concern why can't you just call this guy and ask some questions? I feel like I'm in a Perry Mason movie...."Your Honor I object to this test because....." (loosely translated, Um my intake may not fair to well. Everyone listen to my objection, this, and only this, is the reason my intake didn't perform well.)

OK my rant is over. I just get frustrated with people who are excuse-ers. Ted is going to a lot of trouble, and has spelled out what he is going to do, and we have people who are questioning him on a forum to seemingly discredit the testing. If you are not happy with the test, don't send your product.
THANK YOU (not to the first sentence?)

Last edited by chevyboy221; 10-01-2009 at 01:54 PM.
chevyboy221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #273
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post

Not sure that I quite follow this 100% especially the first sentence.
The rest is understandable.

Let me say this in response to the first sentence.

I Ted Jannetty Do Not Manufacture Cold Air Kits of any kind, I am not friends with anyone who manufactures cold air kits, I have a completely open mind and will let the results speak for themselves.

I am doing this To find out for myself What is out there and What works best for my customers, I am a perfectionist and want to share what I know and learn with my customers.

I am a bonafide Car Nut, I love what I do with passion for perfection, I want my cake and eat it too.

I am 45 years old have been in business since age 22, I started with a $10,000 loan from the bank with my dad cosigning and 1700 sq ft. 1 bay garage

I built my business on customer service and attention to detail, 23 years later we are at 9000 square ft in 2 buildings with 8 employees who I personally trained for each position and all of the best equipment available.

I hope this answers some of the questions of my credibility.

Sincerely Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #274
JANNETTYRACING

Update

Revolution
ADM Street Received 09-23-09
ADM Race Received 10-01-09
LMR Recieved 10-01-09
TSP
Fastlane
Airaid Received 10-01-09
Rotofab Received 09-30-09
Cold Air Inductions Inc
Emblempros
Hennessey
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #275
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Thanks, Ted.

Thanks for your time and effort on this. I am sure you know, no matter what it is, there will always be those internet-based "experts" who feel they have to say something about something.

None of us is paying you to do this so take your time. I, for one, just thankful someone is doing it.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #276
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Let me add That I've trusted my new camaro to Ted and his crew. In my experience I've seen a shop that operates with a high code of ethic across the board. Something not easy to find these day's. And being a veteran of the US Army SF I am pretty anal about my living space,personal being and property. His place is just about the only one I've seen that rates a 4.0 in my book. I live in Vermont and have a long ass haul down there, but would not consider anyone else to do the work I cant or choose not to do.
If there is anyone that can be trusted to their word, Ted can.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #277
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I am a bonafide Car Nut, I love what I do with passion for perfection, I want my cake and eat it too.

I am 45 years old have been in business since age 22, I started with a $10,000 loan from the bank with my dad cosigning and 1700 sq ft. 1 bay garage

I built my business on customer service and attention to detail, 23 years later we are at 9000 square ft in 2 buildings with 8 employees who I personally trained for each position and all of the best equipment available.

I hope this answers some of the questions of my credibility.

Sincerely Ted.
Best vendor response I have EVER seen!

You need to design a logo for supporting members to place in their signature section.

Despite being a competitor I'de be happy to show some vendor support.
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #278
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I Ted Jannetty Do Not Manufacture Cold Air Kits of any kind, I am not friends with anyone who manufactures cold air kits, I have a completely open mind and will let the results speak for themselves.

I am a perfectionist and want to share what I know and learn with my customers.

I built my business on customer service and attention to detail
These quotes are why this test is going to rock.

You are the man Ted. I KNOW this will be the real deal legit test. No bullsh1t.

Now hurry up I am an internet forum poster and waiting is not in my nature.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #279
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Excuse me while I wipe the,"brown", off my nose. LOL. But hey, facts are facts. I'm just hoping that vara and new era will somehow manage to join this party.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #280
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tightwads View Post
Best vendor response I have EVER seen!

You need to design a logo for supporting members to place in their signature section.

Despite being a competitor I'de be happy to show some vendor support.
Thank you,

I do have a Logo, My I.T. guy is gone for the weekend he only works mon-thurs. am

I will have him set something up, Great Suggestion!

I am a bit unique in that I don't veiw Vendors as competitors but associates, we can all work together for a common cause HOTRODDING.

Ted.