Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #15
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I had GM buy back my 2013, but I had to go through the BBB Autoline program. GM refused my application, then refused the BBB application, and finally went to arbitration, as specified in the agreement between BBB and GM. I had 25K miles on it, but the buyback amount was figured from when the problem first showed up, which was at 8K miles. I ended up getting about $1K less than what I paid for the car in the first place. I used the buyback amount to buy a 2018 that was outfitted about the same as the 2013 was. The entire process took about 3 months. I was quite satisfied with the outcome. I was quite stressed out with the problem that went on from about 8 months after I purchased the car.

BTW Chrysler does not have any agreement with the BBB. A friend of mine had a Charger that had a problem much worse than mine and he got nothing out of Chrysler and ended up getting a GM product and losing a lot of $$ on the ordeal.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #16
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Good for you on getting them to buy it back- that's by no means an easy task. I would get the money back and read, read, read the forums, then test drive and buy something you really like. You can learn so much from these forums and trouble spots. Camaros, Mustangs, etc. Camaros it's the A8, some other things and the Mustang it's piston slap and shift forks. I have a Fiesta ST and when you read the forums there's no such problems like this- and so far after 9K miles not one single issue. So read up, test drive, buy something you really want.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #17
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Mine has been in the shop for a total of 7 times since I bought it in May for warranty related issues.
I think they saw the number of days my car had been in the dealer and didn't hesitate to approve my case. It's been frustrating for sure.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:38 AM   #18
Calvear0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoctisLucisCaelum View Post
Couldn’t figure out how to PM this but there’s no personal info on it.

This is my letter from GM about the repurchase. Even though I went replacemt, it does lay out the options. This would be for CA only as well as OP is in CA.
thank you! that helps for sure. Do you know if they would put me in a loaner or do I keep the car until all this is over?
Old 12-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sounds like GM has given you a very good deal as compared to some other folks on here. Figure out what option is best for you and take it and run! I would trade it in on a new SS and not worry about selling it back to Chey that is if you still like Camaros and if you want another brand then sell it back and take the money and get another make of car or truck. Good luck!
Old 12-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #20
NoctisLucisCaelum

Drives: 2019 SSG Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
thank you! that helps for sure. Do you know if they would put me in a loaner or do I keep the car until all this is over?
They wouldn’t give me a loaner. The car was still “drive able” according to them.
NoctisLucisCaelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #21
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I would get the money back and read, read, read the forums, then test drive and buy something you really like. You can learn so much from these forums and trouble spots.
No offense, but if the OP takes this tactic, he might not buy anything at all...

I have been a member of Ducati forums, GM truck forums, RAM forums, Mercedes forums, BMW forums, etc.

Most people come to the forums when they have problems looking for help and/or direction of what to do.

So, if you base your research on forum posts, you'll probably never buy anything.

The trouble-free cars are the ones you never hear about. Where most of the people on forums are there to complain and/or get help.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #22
Calvear0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
No offense, but if the OP takes this tactic, he might not buy anything at all...

I have been a member of Ducati forums, GM truck forums, RAM forums, Mercedes forums, BMW forums, etc.

Most people come to the forums when they have problems looking for help and/or direction of what to do.

So, if you base your research on forum posts, you'll probably never buy anything.

The trouble-free cars are the ones you never hear about. Where most of the people on forums are there to complain and/or get help.
what direction would you go if you were in my shoes? stick with GM or go elsewhere
Old 12-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #23
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Honestly? Depends on what you wish to do with said car.

Before I bought my ZL1, I looked at a Challenger and a Mustang. I chose the ZL1 over the other 2 and over the 1LE ZL1 because I: don't drag race, like to ocassionally do track days, plan to daily drive it in nice weather.

Neither the Mustang nor the Challenger will go through turns like the Camaro. I thought about saving a little money and getting a 2SS 1LE, but where I live ZL1s are so rare, I decided to spend a bit more and get one.

I also looked at a Grand Sport Corvette, but I have a 115 pound German Sheppard that I take everywhere with me on the weekends. So, I needed a back seat.

So, to answer your question: put together a list of what YOU want in a car. Then look at everything you can afford that ticks off that check list. Then find your best deal. Might be another GM, might not be.

Go over to the Mustang forum and read about all of the issues with the new Coyote engine. Check out the BMW M3 forum. You will see tons of people complaining about issues there as well.

There is no such thing as a trouble-free model anymore. You just got unlucky and got a bad apple. For every 1 car with major issues, there are 12 others just like it with no problems.

Every time we purchase a new car, we roll those dice. Most of the time, we come up winners. But, sometimes we lose.

It is what it is.

Hope my ramblings help a little.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #24
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
E46 m3 engine blew when 6 months old. No trouble free high performance cars out there, I guess :p
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #25
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Offer letter

OP can you post the buyback offer? No way to answer the question without all the information.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 PM   #26
Calvear0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFox View Post
OP can you post the buyback offer? No way to answer the question without all the information.
I’m still waiting on that offer. I was trying to get input on anyone that had gone the repurchase route. I’ll be sure to update this thread when I get that.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:39 PM   #27
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Gotcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
I’m still waiting on that offer. I was trying to get input on anyone that had gone the repurchase route. I’ll be sure to update this thread when I get that.
I thought you had the offer letter.
In my opinion the better the deal you got on the initial purchase the more it is to your advantage to take a new car in a MSRP swap. If you got a killer deal initially it will be difficult to do as well starting from scratch. My suspicion is this is not the case as GM is offering you a swap. Anyway read the offer letter carefully when it comes and then decide. Best of luck.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:04 AM   #28
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I had a 2018 mustang GT break a valve at 2300 miles, destroyed the engine. from start to finish it took like 5 months to process a buyback. it was painful. not sure if GM is any more efficient or customer service oriented on these cases. hope to never find out.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote