Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
The front plate law isn't going anywhere and I run one because I spent $200 on personal plates.
As far as these red or other rainbow spectrum colored halos, if you run these on the street you're asking for trouble. The Texas traffic laws clearly spells out the color of lighting that can be on a car while being operated on a public roadway. And if you attract that kind of attention to the front of your car without a front plate then you're a total Einstein!
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
Z_Rated

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
I ran without a front plate for few years on my F body. One day I got pulled over for being 10 over and was quickly handed a no front plate ticket as well. Honestly its just not worth the hassle. These cars dont look as bad as the f bodys did with a front plate. And since the average Jo blow driving in Texas could care less about this law, it's likely never going to pass. Lets be honest, the crowd who generally has the issue with this are sport car owners and that's about it.
Z_Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #17
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rated View Post
I ran without a front plate for few years on my F body. One day I got pulled over for being 10 over and was quickly handed a no front plate ticket as well. Honestly its just not worth the hassle. These cars dont look as bad as the f bodys did with a front plate. And since the average Jo blow driving in Texas could care less about this law, it's likely never going to pass. Lets be honest, the crowd who generally has the issue with this are sport car owners and that's about it.
I still don't understand why we have this law, but I can't see it changing anytime soon
Old 04-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I still don't understand why we have this law, but I can't see it changing anytime soon
From what I've heard, the LEOs want to be able to ID cars from front or back. I get it from their perspective, but from ours it sucks...
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote