Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #85
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisonss View Post
I know for a fact that both Lingenfelter and Livernois do turbo kits. You're going to question their objectivity in the matter but not the turbo kit vendor? Really?
Never said they don't sell them. Was pointing out what they sell and deal with most.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #86
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Yes I would. See a lot of big numbers but nothing fast yet

Just saying.

Fast list should be nothing but turbo cars. That's not the case is it
Good call out nyny69.....

This is way more true than the turbo guys like to admit. Especially for 1/4 mile times. They just cannot launch. Why??? Lag. That evil word they never want to admit. They love to live by their dyno sheet though.

And the other thing that never gets talked about in racing terms is how hard the TT systems can hit. Look at those torque curves. They can go from 300 ft lbs of TQ to 700 in 2000 rpms. What does that mean? Wheel spin! Now for the average street enthusiast....this GIGANTIC hit of power is a hell of a rush. And no doubt fun as hell. For racing, this means no go.

But all can be overcome. I like all these systems. Just need to understands what you need to do in terms of both supporting mods and driving behavior to make the most of it
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #87
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Well to each his own I guess. This is a thread about street racing from a roll. If you think TT and Centri's don't CLEARLY own that form of racing, sorry for you.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #88
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Very nice Numbers outta that heartbeat! And i bet the IAT's weren't to shabby either.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #89
davisonss

Drives: 2014 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Well to each his own I guess. This is a thread about street racing from a roll. If you think TT and Centri's don't CLEARLY own that form of racing, sorry for you.
I 100% agree. Centris and Turbo's are typically more powerful and will usually win most roll races vs pd.

UNLESS we are talking about a specific power level, then the car that remains in its power band the longest from shift to shift will win. I don't know how one can argue that a car that makes 700 ft/lb from 2500 to 6500, is going to be at a disadvantage to a car making 700 ft/lb at only 5000 to 6500, or 4500 to 6000.

Last edited by davisonss; 05-13-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: word order swapped to make more sense.
davisonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #90
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I really don't have a dog in this race but so many haters lol. Closest I can come to comparison is me and a friend from a 30 mph roll his 2010 Camaro with D1sc procharger and cam (auto) and me when I had a Maggie and cam (manual) hit them on his go and I left him by 4 car links and he never closed the gap. Now I'm not saying if we did it again things would be different but I am saying don't rule out a PD blower on the street because you may get your feelings hurt. But I do love twin turbos as well so it's a win win to me.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #91
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
I really don't have a dog in this race but so many haters lol. Closest I can come to comparison is me and a friend from a 30 mph roll his 2010 Camaro with D1sc procharger and cam (auto) and me when I had a Maggie and cam (manual) hit them on his go and I left him by 4 car links and he never closed the gap. Now I'm not saying if we did it again things would be different but I am saying don't rule out a PD blower on the street because you may get your feelings hurt. But I do love twin turbos as well so it's a win win to me.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #92
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
It's not just this thread. It's every thread you guys jump in with this nonsense. When building an all out balls to the wall car Turbo's are the end all be all(I agree btw), those builds are few and far between especially on the 5th gen.

I get it though. Your hear to make a buck and so what if these guys are misinformed
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #93
nyny69

Quote:
I 100% agree. Centris and Turbo's are more typically powerful and will usually win most roll races vs pd.

UNLESS we are talking about a specific power level, then the car that remains in its power band the longest from shift to shift will win. I don't know how one can argue that a car that makes 700 ft/lb from 2500 to 6500, is going to be at a disadvantage to a car making 700 ft/lb at only 5000 to 6500, or 4500 to 6000.

Exactly
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #94
AGP Turbo

Quote:
I 100% agree. Centris and Turbo's are more typically powerful and will usually win most roll races vs pd.

Even if you could find a PD blower that puts out 700 at redline, it will be heat soaked in a few seconds and after three gears worth of pull will be down 20-30% power.
You sort of skipped over and missed my point earlier about TT's hold more tq to redline than PD's. It was in response to your pointing out to torque drop off on a stock LS3 turbo. That fall off is on a stock cam. Look at a stock cam PD car, it down 125lbft lower at redline than the turbo at the same boost.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #95
AGP Turbo

Quote:
It's not just this thread. It's every thread you guys jump in with this nonsense. When building an all out balls to the wall car Turbo's are the end all be all(I agree btw), those builds are few and far between especially on the 5th gen.

I get it though. Your hear to make a buck and so what if these guys are misinformed
Sorry, we're just mopping the floor with PD cars in street races so it's hard to not recommend otherwise. Now if someone wants to build an 1/8 mile car that is all about the 60ft on a prepped surface, then maybe PD's should be considered. A PD 10.3 car wouldn't even hit 10's on the street where my 10.8 car runs 10.8 exactly how I drive it on the street, all day any day. That explosive launch is worthless on the street.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #96
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
I owned lots of pd blower cars turbo cars and centrifugal .. I currently run a centri on my built 3v Shelby and its a vortech v3 15 psi on a 281 4.6 puts down 730 rwhp 7600 rpm and even more at 8100 rpm but I don't shift it that high on street. anyway of everything I owned it's my favorite set up ..runs cool too with great intake air temps about 11 degrees above ambient un like pd blowers there heat generators. turbos are great but they are expensive ..I myself would use an ECS NOVI 1500 kit if I were to supercharge my Camaro good luck
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #97
nyny69

Quote:
Sorry, we're just mopping the floor with PD cars in street races so it's hard to not recommend otherwise. Now if someone wants to build an 1/8 mile car that is all about the 60ft on a prepped surface, then maybe PD's should be considered. But your 10.33 car wouldn't even hit 10's in street trim where my 10.8 car runs 10.8 exactly how I drive it on the street, all day any day.
I don't street race. And it's good to know that your company condones it. I hope you call the family and apologize if one of the cars that has your kit kills somebody in a street race. Good Job..

My car changes tires and only tires from street to strip. Suspension is stock except for trailing arms. Car is very street friendly. How much does you 10.8 car make??? 800rwhp
Old 05-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #98
AGP Turbo

Quote:
I don't street race. And it's good to know that your company condones it. I hope you call the family and apologize if one of the cars that has your kit kills somebody in a street race. Good Job..

My car changes a tires and only a tires from street to strip. Suspension is stock except for trailing arms. Car is very street friendly. How much does you 10.8 car make??? 800rwhp
So your car is the most usable fast as you were saying but can only go fast on a prepped surface?? Hows that work? Doesn't seem that great for the street.

Runs the same 136mph as you. Dyno'd like 730 might be a little higher now. But the important part is the DA and heat that I run 10.8's in, all the fastest local PD camaro5's couldn't even run 10's.