#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 08-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #15
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
TP comes with the "base" car now, pretty sure MSRP with destination is like $56,500. And that doesn't include the approximate $1500 gas guzzler tax. So you are looking at $58,000 if you don't add any options and can find a dealer not jacking the price up. That probably will be about $15,000 more then a SS 1LE...no thanks.
Yeah, that what I meant but don't think I said it very well.

You are right on the GG, I forgot about that and the destination is not included so you are certainly pushing $60K.

If I were tracking A LOT as the OP stated, and a C7 was on the list then I would go GT350 first is all I meant. That car is purpose built for the track, and honestly that's where a car like that is happiest with its high revving engine that falls flat in the low RPM range.....not ideal for cruising around town.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
One point with considering a 14/15 Z/28 is the Trofeo R's. Those are a big part of the package, do you want to be buying those everytime you need new rubber?

I think a 1LE can do better than it currently does buy buying appropriate Tires.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #17
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
I don't know why anyone would buy and track a gen 5 Z/28 at this point. The re-sale is moot if you are going to weld in a roll cage anyway. And who tracks a car hoping for hi-resale unless you are going to neglect to inform the purchaser it was a track car.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #18
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
If it were me, I would Pick up a z/28 for about $50k now maybe even less when fall comes and the prices drop a bit more. Have fun for a few years, then sell it and move on. At that time there maybe other choices to add to the list.

A new 1LE with warranty and track tech stuff would be nice too if the dealers don't price gouge. By the time you can get the 1LE, Used Z's will be priced the same. Tough choice, mean ass z or latest and greatest 1LE, ya can't go wrong with either one if ya got the dough. There's something about the Z, I know it's a rough rider but I still want one in my garage and would daily drive it too. Like gt350s too but too much $ right now for me.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #19
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
A new 1LE with warranty and track tech stuff would be nice too if the dealers don't price gouge. By the time you can get the 1LE, Used Z's will be priced the same. Tough choice, mean ass z or latest and greatest 1LE, ya can't go wrong with either one if ya got the dough. There's something about the Z, I know it's a rough rider but I still want one in my garage and would daily drive it too. Like gt350s too but too much $ right now for me.
I don't see how dealerships will be able to "price gouge" as it is an option on a car already being produced not a new model like the ZL1 or Z28, the car has already been produced for a year and 2017's have already been delivered to owners for over a month now, all incentives, rebates, deals will still apply. Prices and markup are pretty well set and known, sure there will be an initial rush on orders by the couple dozen or so forum members here who are already pretty set on purchasing one, but most who are interested in this car are interested for the performance you get for the money, if they found a way to jack up the price they would lose a lot of interested customers.

The 1LE will just have some options on it not originally equipped on previous models. As far as the assembly plant goes it just gets a few new boxes checked and parts added as it goes down the line.
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #20
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Not putting a cage in it as one poster stated...leaving anything I buy stock. As for the Trefeos, I see take offs as cheap as the f1g2's and there are LOTS of choices in 19" including Ferrari Challenge type take offs....Trust me, 20" 1LE track tires are not easy nor cheap to find!

One more big difference is the warranty...I KNOW they will fix a broken Z car and will give you the "abused" run around on the 1LE. I unfortunately found that out first hand....

I wonder how ford treats the 350 for track warranty?
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #21
1leNPP

Drives: 1LE , 1SS , NPP
Beckeddy you remember X25 he had a 1LE he track a lot to, here a link to c7 z51 build he doing you mite want to read through http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3829445-16-z51-arctic-white-track-build.html
mite help you with what way you want to go .
1leNPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:26 PM   #22
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Very easy answer. Presently you should be able to pick up a lightly used Z/28 for mid 40s, or a leftover new vehicle for low 50s. Either way the financial hit has already been taken and the cars should maintain this value for the near future, your advantage. Performance who knows which is faster most likely results will depend on the driver and the track. I would have more faith in the Z/28's drivetrain holding out for the long run during repeated track sessions.
I know which is faster. You will regret picking up a Z/28 once these 1LE's hit the track with more comparable rubber. TRUST ME!

Not sure of your logic on how a LS7 is more reliable for track use than the LT1. I would imagine a low HP car with less weight would perform better. The transmission is the exact same so no advantage there. Now if you're referring to the CC brakes, then yes I'm sure they will hold up better, but we haven't found out what the 6 piston 1LE setup will do yet so I'm not sure it would be worth the operating costs for marginal performance gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Not putting a cage in it as one poster stated...leaving anything I buy stock. As for the Trefeos, I see take offs as cheap as the f1g2's and there are LOTS of choices in 19" including Ferrari Challenge type take offs....Trust me, 20" 1LE track tires are not easy nor cheap to find!

One more big difference is the warranty...I KNOW they will fix a broken Z car and will give you the "abused" run around on the 1LE. I unfortunately found that out first hand....

Maybe on the 5th gen but not the 6th gen. Several articles were written a few months back about how GM promises to warranty vehicles even under track use. I'm certain a 6th gen 1LE will be covered if a factory part fails at the track.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-to-the-track/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road & Track
Non other than Al Oppenheiser, the Camaro ZL1's chief engineer, a diehard automotive wizard who gives credence to the "gearhead" appellation. "If you're not modifying your car and you take your production car to a track day and you have an issue with one of your parts, it's covered under warranty," he recently told Motor Authority. "We know when somebody changes their ECM calibration and we know if they changed to a cold-air intake, we can tell all that. But driving it as you break it in from the dealership, if you have a half-shaft or whatever, it's covered."
Old 08-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #23
Thor142

Quote:

You ran a 1:42 at LS in bone stock 1LE? Wow!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #24
backeddy
Banned

Yes I can run consistant 1:42's......But i did have zl1 brakes with carbotec pads, SRF and self made brake ducts.....and about 2500 laps of "practice" and a Nascar driver as an instructor, so.....

Hopefully that warranty claim makes the "fine print" on the 1LE!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #25
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I owned a new cayman when the C7 first hit the dealer lots and i felt like an idiot for not waiting for it...
now own a camaro 1ss and pretty satisfied with the value.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #26
Thor142

Quote:
Yes I can run consistant 1:42's......But i did have zl1 brakes with carbotec pads, SRF and self made brake ducts.....and about 2500 laps of "practice" and a Nascar driver as an instructor, so.....

Hopefully that warranty claim makes the "fine print" on the 1LE!
So it's not stock. Amazing driving though. You should be RP's stand in on Motor Trend
Old 08-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #27
backeddy
Banned

Yep....I have scared many a Camaro owner on Laguna......They have no idea how capable the car REALLY is :-) I instruct with almost every group that runs out there, I just cannot wait to get back into a fast car. The track built 944 could do 1:48's but it was always light in the rear, no matter what I did......Only had the 1LE come around 1 time.....Was off the track many times though :-)
Old 08-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #28
Thor142

Quote:
Yep....I have scared many a Camaro owner on Laguna......They have no idea how capable the car REALLY is :-) I instruct with almost every group that runs out there, I just cannot wait to get back into a fast car. The track built 944 could do 1:48's but it was always light in the rear, no matter what I did......Only had the 1LE come around 1 time.....Was off the track many times though :-)
I wish there were more run offs at Watkins Glen "off track" means hitting the wall LOL. Makes you cautious.