Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #645
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineduke View Post
I have signed the petition: https://www.change.org/p/alicia-bole...edium=copyLink Hope everyone else do so as well to protect our rights. Good luck!
Aside from the 652 signatures, there are 287 comments. A lot of people made their thoughts known on this, even a GM Master Mechanic. However, not a peep out of any mucky-mucks from Sterling Auto Group or GM...
Old 07-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #646
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Aside from the 652 signatures, there are 287 comments. A lot of people made their thoughts known on this, even a GM Master Mechanic. However, not a peep out of any mucky-mucks from Sterling Auto Group or GM...
We want to let you know many appreciate your work on this and staying with it! And to see that the GM tech assigned to the OP's car did not even diagnose the "supposed" engine failure correctly! The dealer, the service manager, and the tech himself are a disgrace to GM dealers every where.

It is impossible to have a proper catchcan system (in both design and installation) to have ANY effect on the oil pump failing. In fact, doing a search on Google, one can see this is one of the most common warranty related failures the LS based engines experience:

https://www.google.com/#q=LS3+L99+oil+pump+failure

Keep it up Mr Stacey!!! And anything technical related you need from us, just ask.

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #647
Scrappydoo56

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS
MotorWeek and the catch can

I just watched an episode of MotorWeek. One of their mechanics tips was adding a catch can. The car they chose to demonstrate on was a gen 5 Camaro. Here is the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/7WYpT3m-OV8

Scrappydoo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #648
ocautomotive

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2018 SS 1LE
What pisses me off is the lack of response from the dealer or GM. I have had similar experiences with my 2016 Camaro and I can tell you this is the last GM i am buying, love the car, hate the service department/GM. There have been a couple of people in here that have said the same thing and I would imagine OP won't be buying GM anymore. The amount of loyalty GM has lost over this far outweighs whatever it costs them for a new motor.
ocautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #649
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
It's the dealerships that should really band together and decide that they won't get their panties in a bunch over a CATCH-CAN!

I read about a lot of people, myself included, who have no problem buying a GM vehicle and then not taking it to the dealer for service. I did not care about two years' free oil changes. I let my mechanic do that because the $100 for Mobil1 was not a big sacrifice, compared to what the mechanics at the dealership would do: only put in 5 qts of oil, drive my car into a wall, joy ride, or take pictures of the catch-can and void my warranty.

It would serve dealerships well to be "minor mod friendly": a catch-can will not hurt your engine, a cold air intake will not hurt your engine, an aftermarket exhaust will not hurt your engine, a carbon-fiber fuse box lid will not hurt your engine, and an LS3 conversion done by the dealership should not void a warranty.

GM gets the $$$$ for my car, but the dealerships won't get the $$$$ for regular service.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:53 PM   #650
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydoo56 View Post
I just watched an episode of MotorWeek. One of their mechanics tips was adding a catch can. The car they chose to demonstrate on was a gen 5 Camaro. Here is the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/7WYpT3m-OV8

Pat Goss recommending and installing a CATCH CAN, on a LS3/L99 application!!!! Gee whiz, look_at_that...Nice find!

to those idiots who think otherwise (you know who you are), particularly that GM franchise that started this entire mess, and to their GM regional office rep(s) calling the shots, with mechanical IQ of ZERO.

F.U.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:37 AM   #651
Ledzepx

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 6sp.
Wow aint that a bitch. Gm blames this guy and this video shows up. Bs. Gm should buy this guy a brand new camaro and install cc. An apology from Gm would be nice too.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:18 PM   #652
Z28punk

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Corvette/camaro tech at a large Chevy dealer here. I think this whole thing went wrong when the technician called TAC. Why did he call TAC at all? Unless the dealership is restricted on their motors by GM they should be able to replace an oil pump or a motor without getting GM involved. I've repaired plenty of cars with minor modifications on camaros, vettes and other GM performance vehicles plenty of times.
As a technician you should have no problem diagnosing an oil pump. The technician ****ed this one up for you. Plain and simple.

I worked with a guy that thought my vette was "heavily modded" when all I had were bolt ons and E85. This technician you had sounds exactly like him
Z28punk is offline   Reply With Quote