Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #18215
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
oh just so you know thats a female driving the red charokee...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #18216
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Was she hot? lol
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #18217
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
You can go to kooks head quarters and take pics of my headers being made!
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #18218
MARINE1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Was she hot? lol
very...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
yea ill get right on that... but one day might make it over there...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #18219
bajamoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Not ready? WTF I thought you would have had all the parts on by now.
Pedders USA
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #18220
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
The town looks like the old part of Beaumont right off the 10 before going to Yacaipa..lol
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #18221
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Not ready? WTF I thought you would have had all the parts on by now.
Last I knew headers were getting coated. Just waiting on those and my catch can from rx ...apparently matte black is a popular color. Gonna put my cai, scoop, bottle relocate and rear louvres on tomarrow.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #18222
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
I know you got her number. Thats why he has'nt checked in. He is enjoying her till Saturday!:(:b ellyroll:
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #18223
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
On another note, Steve you may have seen this from Pete about the fe4 shocks and lowering springs, good info

2. When you use a drop spring to lower your car you are losing jounce travel. Jounce travel equals ride quality. Different companies approach this challenge by cutting bumpstops. We think the OEM guys are pretty smart. They designed excellent progressive stops for the 5th Gen. We don't like to see their hard work cut off and tossed in the garbage can. We designed our coils to work with the frame work of the OE stop and strut. We have a large client base on C5 that are very happy with thier Pedders lowering coils. Our coilovers adjust ride height by screwing into or out of the lower mount. This means the jounce travel is the same if you drop your 5th Gen an inch, two inches or more. Junce travel equals ride quality... Add to that the ability to adjust the damping and coilovers have a clear advantage in function, but at a higher cost. If you can find a set of FE4 take off struts grab them. The damper map, the ride control is superior to the earlier FE3 units. FE4 struts with lowering coils are your best choice if you don't want to spend the money for coilovers.

The revised sway bar geometry in the FE4 and ZL1 makes the rear bar 4 times more effective according to a GM press release. Pedders has in stock ready to ship ZL1 style rear bars. Adding a set of Pedders 27mm adjustable fronts with the new Z style droplink rear bar makes an incredible difference in the way your 5th Gen handles.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #18224
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
On another note, Steve you may have seen this from Pete about the fe4 shocks and lowering springs, good info

2. When you use a drop spring to lower your car you are losing jounce travel. Jounce travel equals ride quality. Different companies approach this challenge by cutting bumpstops. We think the OEM guys are pretty smart. They designed excellent progressive stops for the 5th Gen. We don't like to see their hard work cut off and tossed in the garbage can. We designed our coils to work with the frame work of the OE stop and strut. We have a large client base on C5 that are very happy with thier Pedders lowering coils. Our coilovers adjust ride height by screwing into or out of the lower mount. This means the jounce travel is the same if you drop your 5th Gen an inch, two inches or more. Junce travel equals ride quality... Add to that the ability to adjust the damping and coilovers have a clear advantage in function, but at a higher cost. If you can find a set of FE4 take off struts grab them. The damper map, the ride control is superior to the earlier FE3 units. FE4 struts with lowering coils are your best choice if you don't want to spend the money for coilovers.

The revised sway bar geometry in the FE4 and ZL1 makes the rear bar 4 times more effective according to a GM press release. Pedders has in stock ready to ship ZL1 style rear bars. Adding a set of Pedders 27mm adjustable fronts with the new Z style droplink rear bar makes an incredible difference in the way your 5th Gen handles.
That explains why my 2012 rides so nice with my Eibachs, better than stock! Thanks for the info!
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #18225
bajamoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post

I would agree with that. I talked to my mechanic and told him how it felt and he said toss the springs the trash with the struts and shocks. He said either buy coilovers, use the stick springs I have or buy 1" lowering springs.
Pedders USA
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #18226
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
The percentage of people that i sell springs to, that complain about to harsh of a ride, is on the lower side.

The percentage that buy coilovers, and complain about the same is much less.

sometimes a person is just more sensitive to things than others, sometimes there are other contributing factors that play in to things, like improper installation due to not timing the bushings, excessive weight in the trunk, lower profile wheels than stock. ect.

I have had Pedders GSR/Springs, then Xa Coilovers, now Supercar Coilovers on my GTO, and at each step i didn't want to move back to the previous setup.

With that said, i have the Pedders GSR/Spring setup on my SRT8, (ok, it's the wifes) and i'm happy with it on that car, but i'm certain if i moved to the coilovers on it that i'd be happier with the coilovers.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #18227
bajamoon

Mine rode ok when I put them on. As of the last coupe months they have gone downhill. I want a 1" spring but don't want to buy another set of springs.

I'll take a pic in a few of how the springs sit.
Pedders USA
Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #18228
MARINE1991

Car is in sc on the way here.....