Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by john316inu View Post
brake noise :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
+1 god damn squeeking.
Really? I think this is your only solution...

Name:  xlarge_e5354798bcd383c43268f185b672e2d0.jpg
Views: 3433
Size:  44.9 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #16
CharlieRS

Drives: Metallic Silver RS
one of my favorite things about the inside of my car would have to be the super comfortable seats. everyone loves them. the trunk is a bit tight, but not too many complaints about it. the thing i hate the most is the over all interior quality. it could have been about $2000 nicer and i would be happy.

maybe a crisper sound system? idk i'm a music junky and i usually wear $400 headphones when listening to my music.
CharlieRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 AM   #17
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRS View Post
one of my favorite things about the inside of my car would have to be the super comfortable seats. everyone loves them. the trunk is a bit tight, but not too many complaints about it. the thing i hate the most is the over all interior quality. it could have been about $2000 nicer and i would be happy.

maybe a crisper sound system? idk i'm a music junky and i usually wear $400 headphones when listening to my music.
I'm a big guy (6' 4"/265) and I think the seats are not that comfortable. Not bad but not great. More adjustments would be nice with better side support. The car has many blind spots too.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #18
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
the daytime running lights. i would like to not have to turn that little knob every time i start the car. sure, i could just leave the lights on all the time, but that is just unnecessary work that the alternator has to do during daytime running (which is 95% of my driving)
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #19
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
The ultra thin paint.
For sure, and the quality is crap. I just polished mine for a viewing and the black paint is the worst. I''ve polished professionally over about 200 black cars and this is #3 In the crappiest paint ever, horribly to work with and does not take kindly to any machine polishing. It's got the pliability of rustoleum. Looks perfect now but wow, garbage.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #20
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
The L99 should not have AFM. That's all I can think of. Awesome car now that I tuned it out. No complaints.
By far my biggest complaint. The L99 should not have AFM. Or, tuning it out should not void warranty! Paint is thinner than any car I've owned. Visibility takes a while (and lots of faith) to get used to.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #21
Worgnakh
Banned

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6 1LT
Rear window is too small
Worgnakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:30 AM   #22
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Dress up the rear side panels. I like the speaker grills that were made here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174195

Post number 17.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
There is nothing about this car that I cannot live with. I've even grown accustomed to the blind spots and skip shift. But it would have been nice if Chevy offered a way for the 2010 SS/RS models to use the DRL with the regular headlights at the same time...that would've been awesome. And a shorter 3RD gear would've been nice as well. As well as:
-A high 13 second V6
-More of a distinction between the LS3 and other models
-Door lock/unlock buttons by the power window switches
-More power/torque.
-2.5" performance exhaust option
-An adjustable gauge color control (Mustangs have em)
-Smart key/push to start technology for the 2010

And with that said I feel it necessary to add that the illuminating accent Chevy put on the door was a very nice touch. It really makes the interior nice...and girls LOVE it!! I personally love the stock rims on the SS!! The extra gauges was a nice touch...it's nice to see you trans temp, oil temp, etc. The color options are amazing!! The interior is sexy as hell!! The ride is as comfortable as a mattress, yet it'll bang corners and handle like a beast!!

I have no complaints...this is hands down the best car I've ever owned!! And for what I paid for it, I still can't believe its outside in my parking spot!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #24
Corvette-camaro

Drives: Camaro 2010 auto trans
-weight
-thin paint
-brake noise
-stupid l99 engine >> i prefer ls3 engine with auto trans
Corvette-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #25
LakeMarySS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
AFM...Horrible!
LakeMarySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #26
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
There is nothing about this car that I cannot live with. I've even grown accustomed to the blind spots.
First and foremost I agree with that. There was a slight claustrophobic feeling when I first got in the car, and there's the visibility concern, but these are all things that after a couple of days you don't even remember anymore how you first felt about them...they go away.

The one thing I would change, and I even made my own thread about this, is a better interior door handle instead of the change holder to close the door with. I got a little beat up over it in my separate thread (I honestly think people thought I hated the whole car because of it...simply not true) but that is what I would like to see changed. Even for the 2012's they have door locks on the door now instead of just on the stereo, so they are making slight changes.

So there are only little things, that I can live with, that I would like to see different. All in all, this is a fabulous car!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #27
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRS View Post
. the trunk is a bit tight, but not too many complaints about it. .
only thing that will fix that is if they change to FWD.

only thing I'd change would be the interior quality. I wasn't expecting luxury car level in a camaro, but whats in there just screams cheap, and I don't see it aging well. I think the plastic my keyboard is made out of is of a higher quality than most of the plastics in my camaro. and there are so many missing features like rear seat cup holders, valet key, and sun glass compartment.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #28
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I will see your one thing and raise you three more...

1) Fix all the horrible quality engine parts that leak oil. I've had all three of the known leak spots (oil cooler, pan, rear main). Not acceptable for a new car.
2) The paint is absolute garbage but I can't blame GM for all of this. The EPA is the source of our pain on this one.
3) The TR6060 (manual) transmission has engineering flaws. Fix that. It's another embarrasment to have a performance car that can't shift gears when you are above 4K RPM.
4) Put a baffle in the gas tank so you don't hear gasoline slapping against the rear of the cabin.

The things above are my personal peeves about the car. There are far more things that I like about the vehicle but that's a separate topic.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote