Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
swagner

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
swirl marks!

Got a token for a free car wash from my Chevy dealer when I bought my new snow tires. I could only use it at a certain car wash. Went there today and all the sudden two guys start scrubbing the back viciously with those huge rectangle looking brooms. I mean they may have been scrubbers but looking and sounding like a warehouse broom. For some reason I didn't get out of my car right away and tell them to stop even though I wanted too. You could hear the wood part hitting and scraping. I was worried they were going to scrape the paint off, it sounded that bad. Went through the wash afterwards and started looking for scratches and didn't see anything. Just saw it in the sun and there's swirls all over the top off the back. Pisses me off the dealership would even send me there.
swagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Should have known better just by hearing the words "car wash".
Old 01-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
swagner

I asked for the undercarriage wash because that's what the signs were. Plus I was nervous about all this rust talk here. Don't think they spoke good English. Just said okay, back in the car.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
swagner

And of course they didn't wash the undercarriage. Took it to a coin op and sprayed the undercarriage myself
Old 01-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagner View Post
Got a token for a free car wash from my Chevy dealer when I bought my new snow tires. I could only use it at a certain car wash. Went there today and all the sudden two guys start scrubbing the back viciously with those huge rectangle looking brooms. I mean they may have been scrubbers but looking and sounding like a warehouse broom. For some reason I didn't get out of my car right away and tell them to stop even though I wanted too. You could hear the wood part hitting and scraping. I was worried they were going to scrape the paint off, it sounded that bad. Went through the wash afterwards and started looking for scratches and didn't see anything. Just saw it in the sun and there's swirls all over the top off the back. Pisses me off the dealership would even send me there.
I couldn't have sat in my car with all that going on. That is a brutal story OP.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i would have gone crazy...tbh nobody is allowed to even lay a finger print on my baby..
u should have jumped out and stopped em...mexicans was it
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
swagner

Yeah, I shouldve said what the hell are you doing and left. It was only a few seconds but felt like forever. I have issues with being rude to people I don't know. Even though that's not really being rude.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #8
swagner

I live in a high Ecuadorian or Portuguese area. So that would be my guess
Old 01-08-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Oh man I can just picture that. Don't even have any words to say I'm just shaking my head.
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #10
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Are you talking about those push brooms? Why would they use that?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #11
swagner

Yes, push brooms. Couldn't think of the name so rectangle broom and warehouse broom is what you get.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #12
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Pisses me off the dealership would even send me there.
Dealerships don't care because 95% of their customers don't care. I see so many brand new cars with swirl marks all over them, it's sad. Sports cars are usually well-cared for, but for typical owners of family cars and such, people hear "free" and don't even ask about the rest. The dealer looks good because they gave something away, and the customer is happy because now they have a clean car. They don't even notice the swirls, and if you pointed those out, they wouldn't care anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #13
swagner

Yeah. I really did just want an undercarriage wash. I had already bought my own cleaning supplies. Because I don't even like the only really careful car wash around here to do it because they don't lift their feet high enough when getting in and out and can leave light scratches or scuff marks on that plastic siding.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #14
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
I've seen people pull into those do it yourself car wash bays with really nice expensive cars and go right for that foam brush (might as well be a push broom) and start scratching the hell out of their car. Most people just have no clue when it comes to washing cars.
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote