Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
InkdSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Anderson Composite Fenders

Hey all,

One of my fenders on my SS aquired a nice sized dent in storage this winter. Decided to make it a good excuse to upgrade. My initial reaction was to get some Garyz Customers ZL1 type fenders, but I don't think his website is up anymore. Phastek has some Anderson Concepts. Does anybody have any pictures, or horror stories for proper fitement with these on? How do they look with a car with stock wheel sizes as they are 10mm wider?

Thanks!
InkdSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
Personally no, but have heard a TON of horror stories on fitment. From what I have seen and heard yes they can look good but takes a lot of time to get them right. If you got a good body shop they will look good, just takes time.
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Anderson Composite Fenders

I have the 10mm Anderson Composites carbon fiber fenders. Got a good deal on them. I have them painted to match the rest of the car and had some carbon fiber exposed around the vent.

It took about 2-3 weeks to get my car back from the body shop. They said there were a lot of adjustments needed to get them to fit. They look great on. The figment on the passenger might need to be slightly better aligned. Which i’ll probably do in the future.
I wouldn’t buy them thinking they don’t need any adjustments to be made though. I needed the extra clearance so that my tires wouldn’t rub against the fender. I have a 3mm spacer to avoid the KW coilover’s from rubbing on the inner tire and the 10mm wider fenders fit perfectly with my R888 R’s. I wouldn’t have gotten them if I didn’t jack up my passenger fender form rubbing on the tire and. I had the fenders rolled and pulled to try and fix it, but it was still noticeable. Stock wheels and tires will fit just fine, but might look a little weird with 10mm more gap in the front with stock tire specs lol. I would at least get wider tires.

Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez

Last edited by krisprz2010camaross; 03-19-2019 at 05:27 PM.
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Why not get a PDR pro to remove the dent?

That way, you won't have spend the coin on crappy fitting aftermarket fenders and you won't have to spend even more coin to have the new paint blended into your doors, hood and front bumper for a proper paint match. Then, either wider tires or spacers or perhaps even both for even more money.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote