Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
timshifty

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Self Wiring Instead ******** Or Coverter

I am going to be adding a double din deck here next week. Right now I am using the ******** FARK kit with a 5 channel amp. The only problem with this was I could only use 2 sets of RCA's and had to use a Y adapter for my sub out. Since I am replacing the deck I want to run 3 sets of RCA's from the new deck all the way back that way I have one for each. I am buying new amps (one for the sub and one for my front & rear speakers). So I will have a front, rear, and sub set of RCA's and eliminate using them on the FARK. My question is can I use the remote wire off the FARK or should I run that from the deck back too. I can still you the FARK adapter to run the front and read speakers to the amp right?

Hope this makes sense.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
timshifty

please
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Some amps have a sub output, so you don't need the third set of RCA's. You simply feed the fronts and rears into the amp, and use the sub output of the amp to feed the sub amp.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
If you are running RCA's already, you might as well run a remote turn on from the unit instead of the FARK....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #5
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
If you are running RCA's already, you might as well run a remote turn on from the unit instead of the FARK....
Agreed and yes if you are reusing the factory speaker wires you can tap into all of it in the trunk with or without the FARK. Again if you are doing all new I would abandon all factory wiring, which eliminates the FARK. Speaker wire is cheap, why buy an amp then choke it with factory wire. Yes it works but you amp has to work harder to push current out to the speakers.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
timshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Agreed and yes if you are reusing the factory speaker wires you can tap into all of it in the trunk with or without the FARK. Again if you are doing all new I would abandon all factory wiring, which eliminates the FARK. Speaker wire is cheap, why buy an amp then choke it with factory wire. Yes it works but you amp has to work harder to push current out to the speakers.

so are you saying I should run all new speaker wire from the front speakers back and rear to the amp?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by timshifty View Post
so are you saying I should run all new speaker wire from the front speakers back and rear to the amp?
Unless you're building a competition system, why would you?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #8
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
^^ i have to agree with him just use the factory wiring. more than likely you will use an 16ga speaker wire anyways so why change it?

run 3 sets of rca's like you planned. if you dont you wont have the sub control from the deck. i would also run a remote wire from the deck.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote