Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
GFX and a Drop ?

Just curious to get some feedback and pictures from those of you that have done this, my SS is receiving all black GM GFX at the end of the month and I'm interested I'n droping it 1-1.25 with EIbach drop springs and sway bars. Will this be extremely low or does it work out fine ? It's a daily driver but I'm I'n an area with usually pretty flat road and I'm never going up any really steep inclines, curbs would be my biggest worry I think.. Post you're pics and feed back. Thanks

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
From what I've seen, it's not too bad. Have you driven a lowered car before? There are places you can go and places you cannot...

for pics, there are lots of threads -- do a search for Eibach springs.

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I have the factory GFX and Pfadt 1.25" drop. It works perfect.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
From what I've seen, it's not too bad. Have you driven a lowered car before? There are places you can go and places you cannot...

for pics, there are lots of threads -- do a search for Eibach springs.
Yea I've drove my dads GT3 a while back and it was low, really low. It wasent to bad, like I said the worst part for me was pulling into spaces with curbs ahead of you.

And that looks killer, weather it's to low or not that picture has just made up my mind for me, Great car man, I'm partial to red but the IOM stripes are sick as well

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Just be carefull if you want to add long tube headers. They hang lower than factory exhaust. Maybe 1/2"-3/4".
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Your car looks great Inferno LS3! Looks like there is still a good amount of clearance between ground and the extra gfx kit. If you're driving a lowered car for the first time, just keep in mind to take steep entries at an angle and mind curbs when parking, but after a short adjustment period you should be fine.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Your car looks great Inferno LS3! Looks like there is still a good amount of clearance between ground and the extra gfx kit. If you're driving a lowered car for the first time, just keep in mind to take steep entries at an angle and mind curbs when parking, but after a short adjustment period you should be fine.
Thanks! I'm gonna swap out the springs for coilovers soon. I've had plenty of lowered vechicals before. Even trucks on airbags that lay frame. My dynatech headers hang low and I have Pfadt motor mounts so there is no play if the headers rub.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Thanks! I'm gonna swap out the springs for coilovers soon. I've had plenty of lowered vechicals before. Even trucks on airbags that lay frame. My dynatech headers hang low and I have Pfadt motor mounts so there is no play if the headers rub.
If you're that familiar with driving lowered vehicles you shouldn't have any issues at all then! A quality coilover setup will do wonders for the handling after install.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote