Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I'm skeptical of the "no sacrifice in ride comfort and compliance".

These would have to be magic. Simply reducing supsension travel makes a HUGE and negative difference in ride and what does this package do? Lowers the car reducing suspension travel, making it more likely to get into the jounce bumpers if nothing else.............unless of course the springs are stiffer, which also impacts ride negatively. Or if the shock damping was increased, which would negatively impact ride but the package doesn't appear to have shocks.

And as for FE??? I can tell you lowering a car improves FE. And GM adjusts this to maximize FE. But there are reasons why your Camaro isn't an inch lower stock.

But I would also go so far as to say the wouldn't claim it if they didn't at least think they could back it up.

So as I said, skeptical. But interested enough to talk with my FE experts on Monday morning.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
pacecar

Drives: 1969 z-11 camaro pace car
silly ad, interesteing concept, must apply to pfadt and pedders too (more so for bigger drop)
pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #17
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Something does not add up, How does droping your car 1" inch and adding sway bars get you 13% (3mpg) increase. Something seems fishy.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #18
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
167 miles is hardly enough to conclude the 13%

JMO.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #19
TitanMotorsports

Drives: ProStock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Will these work for the LT models or is this only for SS models?
they have the part number for both the LT and the SS, you just have to specify which model you have when ordering it
TitanMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #20
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more

So lower it until it just barely scrapes the road and get 40+MPG!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
lol so you could buy any companies springs and sways. That has a 1 inch drop to gain that 13% mpg.

Sounds a little crazy, but it makes sense. In my car i could get up to 29-30 mpg on the freeway.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #22
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
maybe the bushings are filled with snake oil?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #23
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
they forgot to mention that the installation of their suspension also includes the installation of a hybrid engine.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #24
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
you guys really dont get aerodynamics do you?
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
I bought the H&R kit for mine lowers the front 1.4 and the rear 1.3. Should be here buy Wednesday and install that Saturday. Pictures to follow.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #26
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
How come the Eibach are so much cheaper than the Hotchkis kits?
Hi Guys,

Just looking at this thread, thought we would make a few comments. Please don't compare our parts to the low-cost solutions on the market. Historically, our suspension packages have never been the least expensive on the market. That's because we invest a huge amount of time and resources into product development and testing, plus we only use the best domestic materials.

For example, our Sport Spring development program for the 5th Gen Camaro took longer than most, because GM designed the spring with a large amount of pre-load from the factory. In testing, we have seen some aftermarket springs where at full droop you can literally push the spring right off the perch. We engineered a solution that fits like a factory spring but offers dramatically improved performance. We spent nearly five months (and multiple track tests) developing a spring where the coils go inside each other during compression, so at full droop it has pre-load like the factory. They offer a comfortable ride and improved performance, as well as a lower stance.

All that R&D means we have to charge a little more for our springs, but we can say with confidence that they are the best product on the market.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #27
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Does anyone have a pic of their camaro on 22s with a 1" drop? I wanna see if its low enough. The price is great, I am only lowering the car for looks, I am not concerned with the performance benefits.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #28
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
Hi Guys,

Just looking at this thread, thought we would make a few comments. Please don't compare our parts to the low-cost solutions on the market. Historically, our suspension packages have never been the least expensive on the market. That's because we invest a huge amount of time and resources into product development and testing, plus we only use the best domestic materials.

For example, our Sport Spring development program for the 5th Gen Camaro took longer than most, because GM designed the spring with a large amount of pre-load from the factory. In testing, we have seen some aftermarket springs where at full droop you can literally push the spring right off the perch. We engineered a solution that fits like a factory spring but offers dramatically improved performance. We spent nearly five months (and multiple track tests) developing a spring where the coils go inside each other during compression, so at full droop it has pre-load like the factory. They offer a comfortable ride and improved performance, as well as a lower stance.

All that R&D means we have to charge a little more for our springs, but we can say with confidence that they are the best product on the market.
Thanks for chiming in! Can you comment on their claims of increased fuel economy and whether your product will result in the same? Thanks!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote