Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Question regarding the auto transmission changes. What do you like about it and would it be worth it for someone who doesn't race? I am just looking for some improvement on shift points for day to day cruising. I asked in the v6 forum and BNR answered that owners can chirp their tires between 1-2 and sometimes between 2-3 but that really doesn't interest me so I am wondering if it is worth it for me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Just do the whole tune that you get from Vince...You won't be disappointed....I drive mine hard & I don't chirp in other gears (Auto)...
You will like the difference...

Quote:
I am interesting in this also. Wondering if the ported TB is still needed?
I have the TB & the dead spot seems to be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
is the dead spot not there anymore?
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Can somebody explain the data logging to me
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
You open EZ Flash and select datalog from a pull down menu. you then hook up the car with the cable,connect the car, A box opens with a play,stop button,etc. The program will say ready. then you hit play and drive it. You need a wide open throttle pull in your drive as well. Usually for a few seconds at wot. Then you save the file to anywhere you want on your computer. Then email it to the dealer you bought it from to be reviewed.
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
Question regarding the auto transmission changes. What do you like about it and would it be worth it for someone who doesn't race? I am just looking for some improvement on shift points for day to day crusing. I asked in the v6 forum and BNR answered that owners can chirp their tires between 1-2 and sometimes between 2-3 but that really doesn't interest me so I am wondering if it is worth it for me.

I don't race either. I have an auto and what I asked for was D mode to have the shifts a little firmer. Sport mode has the shift points alot firmer and some Torque management deleted. This way when I want to drive "spirited" I can by going into sport mode. If I want to drive "normal" just leave it in "D".
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
DAL123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6
Anybody know what the "Force Flash" does in trifecta ez flash. and how do you use it?
Trifecta Tune, Vararam CAI,Self ported Intake Manifold,3/8 Black Iceolator,Rx Catch Can, W/Breather, V8 Rear Diff. 3:45s W/Posi Mod, Mrt V2.0 Axel Back, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Street Scene Front Splitter.,V-Max Trottle Body., Eiback Sway Bars., Phadt End Links.,
DAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL123 View Post
Anybody know what the "Force Flash" does in trifecta ez flash. and how do you use it?
The way I understand it is it does just that. It forces a full flash instead of just overwritting the changed values. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
DAL123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6
Do you run that seperately then run your tune ?
Trifecta Tune, Vararam CAI,Self ported Intake Manifold,3/8 Black Iceolator,Rx Catch Can, W/Breather, V8 Rear Diff. 3:45s W/Posi Mod, Mrt V2.0 Axel Back, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Street Scene Front Splitter.,V-Max Trottle Body., Eiback Sway Bars., Phadt End Links.,
DAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL123 View Post
Do you run that seperately then run your tune ?
No you check it off first,then pick your tune you want to flash. I think a while back some ECU's weren't flashing correctly and this had to be checked off. I believe vince has fixed the issue. Out of habit I check it off everytime I flash.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #23
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Now i have to decide between a tune, a netbook for the tune or projector hid headlights
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #24
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
If you want RS headlights. I got a full kit with color changing halos
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #25
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
The full flash issue has been resolved as of a few versions back of ezflash. You do not need to do anything special anymore, other than select your ghost cam setting if desired.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #26
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
The full flash issue has been resolved as of a few versions back of ezflash. You do not need to do anything special anymore, other than select your ghost cam setting if desired.
Thought that was the case, but wasn't 100% sure. thanks for clearing it up Jerry.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #27
LVDran

Drives: 2010 V6
Quote:
Question regarding the auto transmission changes. What do you like about it and would it be worth it for someone who doesn't race? I am just looking for some improvement on shift points for day to day crusing. I asked in the v6 forum and BNR answered that owners can chirp their tires between 1-2 and sometimes between 2-3 but that really doesn't interest me so I am wondering if it is worth it for me.

Shifting is a lot smoother. Also in Sport mode it seems to let you rev a little higher before shifting. I pretty much drive exclusively in S so I can't really say anything about the changes when driving in D.

I still haven't gotten my tires to chirp. :/ So I can't comment on that.

I've noticed about a 2 mpg or so increase in mileage since I flashed/installed mine. (2 weeks ago or so?) But then again that could have been the vacuum leak that I fixed the same day. Maybe some of the other folks could chime in on this one.
LVDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
is the dead spot not there anymore?
No its still there, but reduced. Every performance mod you do will improve it. So far, the only thing that seems to get rid of it completely is the Ported intake manifold from Mace w/the spacer (Vmax or Mace)

But don't let that stop you from getting the trifecta, esp if you have an automatic. The jumps you feel during the shifts alone is worth it, apart the hp gain ofcourse

Suspension: Pedders full cradle bushings & radius rod inserts, BMR swaybars & endlinks, LSR trailing arms, Pfadt endlink brace
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote