Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #29
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
what now? I heard my name. Seriously though OP, if you need information I can get it. Just need the guys full name, and having the city he lives in helps but isn't necessary.
Yeah... I could use the guy's bank account number.. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
Can't you file a dispute with the credit card you used on paypal?
You're prolly right but I don't use CCs.. I guess this time to my detriment.. .
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #30
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
This case points out the HUGE risk everyone takes when purchasing wheels or any other high dollar item from any vendor online, especially when the vendors require most if not all the funds up front. Many vendors/resellers today in the information age operate from their garage, in days past ( I know as I had a shop in the 80's ) you had to have a honest to goodness business and store front before you could buy from parts wholesalers and private companies. Enter the "boutique" wheel world and you have the very real potential for fraud, both by the reseller and even by the manufacturer. Even vendors/resellers with impeccable reputations can have an overnight financial crisis and you could be left literally holding the empty money bag and attempting to recoup your funds across state lines, though online payment brokers, credit card companies and or from a person you may never even spoke to face to face let alone really know. The bulk of us no longer can just walk into an honest to goodness speed shop thanks to their destruction largely due to the mail order/online resellers and their lower overhead so we as consumers are the real risk takers in these higher dollar "ghost" transactions. I certainly hope you recover your funds but I fear you have a fight ahead of you.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #31
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I hate to see things like this happen. Perry never gave any indication of this risk, until recently. I hope you guys work it out.

I appreciate all the kind words all. I'd expect all of my customers to do their due diligence and research when making an expensive purchase. I've had the same online username since 1996, on every board I visit. The wheel business is also a part-time thing for me, something I enjoy doing. I've got a successful career, and if I had to, I'd sell everything I own to pay off any debt to someone else. My business overheads are also low, since I paid cash for my property, building, equipment, and buy-ins. Not only do I greatly reduce risk for my company by minimizing monthly bills, I also reduce risk for my customers as a result. I also have an LLC, a business license, and a state sales tax resale certificate. As well as numerous automotive industry references. Ask for those pieces of information from anyone you might want to do business with.

If anyone needs any assistance, I'd be glad to help.

Tony
Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
hopefully you paid through paypal with a CC and not a direct bank transfer. I would call your CC company now and file a dispute...I believe you should have 90 days on that.

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #33
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
:(

First- I'm sorry people are experieincing these problems.

I'm having a hard time processing all this bashing.

I read thru the links to the other sites. It seems like Perry may be working with some venders that are not living up to his/ our standards for product and timeliness. I would be extremely frustrated too, especialy if I couldn't hold up my commitments to my customers. I would probably fire some vendors and regroup, after refunding my people- even if out of my pocketr to save my name.

I don't think we are privy to the whole story, have no idea of his/any financial hardships (no its not our problem-but), or even his health (no contact-still alive?)

I'm certain he is working through hard times. I would have been more than happy to work with him through those times with some communication.. This does not explain why Perry Price would lie to me and steal my money.. The last link i posted was almost exactly what happened with me. All the way down to canceling my order due to 'warranty issues' with Nutek which I now believe was a lie. I was just not as smart as that poster and trusted Perry Price past my 45day PayPal period.. I'd rather trust someone than not and this time I am paying for it..

I thank you for your wishes of resolution..
Old 03-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post

First- I'm sorry people are experieincing these problems.

I'm having a hard time processing all this bashing.

I read thru the links to the other sites. It seems like Perry may be working with some venders that are not living up to his/ our standards for product and timeliness. I would be extremely frustrated too, especialy if I couldn't hold up my commitments to my customers. I would probably fire some vendors and regroup, after refunding my people- even if out of my pocketr to save my name.

I don't think we are privy to the whole story, have no idea of his/any financial hardships (no its not our problem-but), or even his health (no contact-still alive?)

I felt sick at home last night about it all. He has been good to me and others in the past -take this for just one example:

Called Perry on the SUNDAY before new years day 2012 with a problem of a wheel purchased from him that had a manufacturer's installation issue. it had to be remedied that same day before an event Monday.
With no real NEED on his part, Perry called me back within the hour, gave me guidance, and told me he would reimburse me out of his own pocket for the billed fixes I would have to incur yet that day-even though it was a manufacturer error.

Its too bad its come to this, not saying some of it isn't true- but attacks on character without all the real circumstances of the seller doesn't seem fair.

I don't plan on commenting any further- probably should haven't even had now- but I do appreciate the service and support of those that help me along this C5 lifetime journey.

Hope everything works out for those shorted $, time, and stress.

Honestly I can appreciate that.

But he has had his vendor priveleges removed on at least two of the largest sites out there now. Including this one and Corvette Forums.

He could just as easily log on and explain it. But he hasn't. Either way he's taken money and not placed orders. If it's legit then he needs to come say that and explain. But if you read the other sites it's obvious enough to me there is serious problems here.

I don't believe for a second that he intended for this to happen. But he irresponsibly allowed it to happen and it's his fault. Go look at his posts. He must have told 4 different people that he was sending them refunds. NOT good.

I hope for the best for the customers and him and I am commanded not to judge, but I am also at liberty to use common sense too.

Sounds like he's gotten himself into a hard spot and it sucks for him but it sucks worse for the ones out thousands of dollars for nothing.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #35
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Honestly I can appreciate that.

But he has had his vendor priveleges removed on at least two of the largest sites out there now. Including this one and Corvette Forums.

He could just as easily log on and explain it. But he hasn't. Either way he's taken money and not placed orders. If it's legit then he needs to come say that and explain. But if you read the other sites it's obvious enough to me there is serious problems here.

I don't believe for a second that he intended for this to happen. But he irresponsibly allowed it to happen and it's his fault. Go look at his posts. He must have told 4 different people that he was sending them refunds. NOT good.

I hope for the best for the customers and him and I am commanded not to judge, but I am also at liberty to use common sense too.

Sounds like he's gotten himself into a hard spot and it sucks for him but it sucks worse for the ones out thousands of dollars for nothing.

One of the wisest things I've heard to date on this site and yet, it is "common sense"
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #36
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Quote:

I'm not so certain how it played out on C5.. I noticed he lost his 'vendor tag' well before I brought up my situation.. I concluded he did not pay his Vendor fee to C5's admins..

Site admins here certainly do not appear to be as proactive as those other sites.. I even sent a pm to Tran asking for assistance with no reply.. Oh well.. Not like I'm a paying member or anything..

It was rather nice to see such a proactive approach by some of those site's admins..
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #37
Wheel'$ForLe$$

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Feel free to give us a chance we have done dozens of sets for our Camaro5 friends, but mostly we have been focused on corvettes. Most of the companies we do business with we have direct relationships with. We only require a small deposit and have been on the forums for over 14 years. We have a tax ID, sales license and can guarantee any wheels we carry we will be the best priced. So if you guys need anything do not hesitate to contact us. I realize that most of the lines we carry are in the high price tag market but if thats what your looking for give us a chance and we'll take care of you.

Selling wheels I do for fun. I am a Senior Scientist and do Cancer Research as my day job. My love for autos and wheels inevitably led me to this passion as well. If I can ever do anything for anyone of you do not to hesitate to contact me for help.

Best of luck everyone that is affected here. If anyone would like a few reviews from our vette customers here you go.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html
Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
I'm not so certain how it played out on C5.. I noticed he lost his 'vendor tag' well before I brought up my situation.. I concluded he did not pay his Vendor fee to C5's admins..

Site admins here certainly do not appear to be as proactive as those other sites.. I even sent a pm to Tran asking for assistance with no reply.. Oh well.. Not like I'm a paying member or anything..

It was rather nice to see such a proactive approach by some of those site's admins..
Tran has always acted in the best interest of the members here. I'd guess that the reason he didn't give you a response may be so that he isn't liable for an answer. Sometimes (and not that you would do this) an admin can't win. Say nothing and get blasted for saying nothing or say something and risk it getting turned around or say very little and risk getting seen as an ass hole.

I do all of the above.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #39
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Quote:
Tran has always acted in the best interest of the members here. I'd guess that the reason he didn't give you a response may be so that he isn't liable for an answer. Sometimes (and not that you would do this) an admin can't win. Say nothing and get blasted for saying nothing or say something and risk it getting turned around or say very little and risk getting seen as an ass hole.

I do all of the above.
Oh I agree that I am 100% responsible with what I've done..

I was just saying I liked the pro-active approach on the vette site(i think it was). I liked how the site admin attempted communication with PTS and publicly suspending PTS's 'vendor rights' until a resolution is reached.. At least it gives the appearance of admin protection and not the wild west approach..
Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #40
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
Oh I agree that I am 100% responsible with what I've done..

I was just saying I liked the pro-active approach on the vette site(i think it was). I liked how the site admin attempted communication with PTS and publicly suspending PTS's 'vendor rights' until a resolution is reached.. At least it gives the appearance of admin protection and not the wild west approach..
Yup.

Also lends credit to the members in that thread.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
Mongo02

Drives: 2011 SS
I did not want to bash Perry either and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, I have been taken advantage of by Perry at PTS also. I have been trying to get in touch with him for almost a month. I called his number today and it has been disconnected. So I decided to come on here and see if he has had any activity and I find this post. Oh what a feeling!!!!

I ordered a wheel and tire package from him on September 4, 2011. Due to various delays and stories, I finally received my wheels on January 20, 2012. He promised to send me a $500 check for the delay back in December, which I assume now I will not see a dime.

The wheels ended up not fitting (didn't clear the rear calipers). He put me in contact with the manufacturer, who I have been dealing with ever since. The manufacturer seems to be a stand up guy and I have had constant contact with them since. Needless to say, Perry is no longer a dealer with them. The manufacturer also mentioned that Perry never sent in the payment to them so that they could start building the wheels until October (one month after I ordered and paid via paypal).

So, needless to say there seems to be a pattern going on here. I know there are two sides to every story. And, I know he was not the blame for all of the delays but many of the stories that he told me never added up. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and step up and be responsible but it has not/never happened.

Lesson learned!!!!!
Mongo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #42
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
THis guy use to call me every day with some new wheel deal that would fit in my budget , which they were never close...LOL

Nineball is my guy when I finally can fund some wheels
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote