Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #15
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Just saw where it's supposedly painted now, that's even better!

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #16
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Not sure if it will be worth Small Claims court. I mean could I even make a case once the car is done? By the time my claim goes to court, the car will be finished and I'll have to fork over the other $500 to get it out.

I can't just sit there and say "Hey... you guys took too long, give me my car back and I won't pay anything."
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:36 PM   #17
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
If its done and you are satisfied with the work pay, move on and enjoy it.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #18
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I'm sorry to read about your issue with that shop.

On the bright side, your experience will help others. You can be sure that some, because of what you've experienced, will look the shop manager straight in the eye, and DEMAND TO KNOW EXACTLY the amount of time it will take to 1. Start, 2. Complete!

Timeline not met and the amount of hell that should be raised should not be kind on them...

A good shop keeps its promises... when the Veloster was hit, exactly 7 days later it was back on the road... FIX AUTO, Moreno Valley CA. Flawless repair job! Highly recommend them for body work.
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
Had my front and rear bumper removed, painted and reinstalled last Oct. (plus painted the dorsal fin and new SLP rear spoiler) in 4 days. And they did a great job.

Get on their butt, in person, everyday, until they finish, AND it's done to your satisfaction. Spread the word about their reputation.
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #20
Dmpsix

So I got an update...

We got into a big argument... their secretary or receptionist or whatever is pretty much tired of me calling in everyday asking for updates. So as soon as I called in and I said who I was, she rudely (almost yelling) said "HOLD ON!"

Then got the owner on the phone and he was upset because he said I'm pulling him away from the shop with other cars they're working on (mine included supposedly) and says that I keep calling everyday and interrupting.

He hasn't been a nice guy ever since I sent him a recording of his own voicemail promising that it would be done at a particular day, then denying he ever said that.

So basically I'm stuck, because he keeps telling me if I want, I can pick it up now as is. But I'm not sure what I can do, because about 3-4 weeks ago like I said. He told me it wasn't going to work but if I wanted, I could scratch the whole thing and take the $500 deposit hit.

Now he's saying that it's going to require MORE time and Friday wont work either. So I'm not sure if I should just wait until my car is ready... and take legal action.

Or...

Pick it up as is... and take legal action?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #21
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Document everything... wait until they're done. Then take legal action if not to your satisfaction. Make sure you include filing fees etc.

If it is completed to your satisfaction, just call it... and perhaps leave a bad review somewhere if you can.

My two cents on the situation.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #22
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Fitting and prepping the bumper is probably the hardest work and it actually looks very nice.

This shop might do great work and it might need more work than initially expected, BUT waiting this long is completely UNACCEPTABLE. And I'm sure any court of law will agree. You can probably hit him up with rental cars bills using his promised deadlines.

Same time I would get the car ASAP and pay with credit card (so you have some way to dispute charges if necessary). What you don't want is the guy to hold your car hostage.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #23
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Sounds like he is dragging out to prove a point now. I would patiently wait, get the car, check mileage, check tires, etc and then check the oil and all fluids when I got home. Document everything, and then consider small claims court. Also bad word of mouth can kill a custom shop. The owner should know that making promises he is not willing to meet is bad business.

But play it cool until you have your ride man...

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #24
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Credit card payment is a nice option like someone else already posted. You have some protections doing it that way.

SigPic by Hazman
Old 06-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #25
Dmpsix

I spoke with a lawyer and he said by law he can't keep possession of my property. He simply just cant. The charges can be disputed in court but I'm not sure if I should wait or not.

I want my car back and it's stressing me out .... lawyer said it's up to me. The longer they stay the better my case is.

I've played it cool with them for a while now at this point.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #26
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I spoke with a lawyer and he said by law he can't keep possession of my property. He simply just cant. The charges can be disputed in court but I'm not sure if I should wait or not.

I want my car back and it's stressing me out .... lawyer said it's up to me. The longer they stay the better my case is.

I've played it cool with them for a while now at this point.
I would explore that option once you get the car back. I had a few bad shop experiences in my time. Not that have lasted for weeks like this, but I did have a dealer drive my car for a joy ride for lunch one day when I had my 99 Formula. Let's just say having your own car pass you on the road at lunch will spin you into a new dimension of pissed off as well.

I am from San Antonio (spent over 10 years there) and wish I knew someone to recommend you to. Don't have the connections I used to. Have you hit up our regional forum to see if anyone has better luck with paint somewhere else for a worst case scenario plan?

Oh, and keep the voicemails and any documentation you have.

SigPic by Hazman
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #27
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Have you stopped by? Has it been painted?
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #28
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Have you stopped by? Has it been painted?
I'm stopping by tomorrow, but it wont do any good this dude doesn't like me anymore ever since I left him a copy of his voicemail.

Apparently it's not painted and he says he never told me it was.