Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #29
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
Saftey/Emissions inspections have to be done annually.

really? I am sorry, I have only driven an old car, (1990 Nissan 240sx),
and I have never had to do anything like that, only a smog check every 2 years, so I am very unfamiliar with the safety inspections.

The insurance requests this or state?

Or only on newer cars?

thanks for the info.

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #30
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
That sucks man. No one can get away with anything these days. No more "lick 'em and stick 'ems."
Tell me about it. I don't think I ever got one legititamately til I was around 30 and bought a new car.

Nowdays its a nightmare. The cops here can check your insurance, registration, and inspection status just by running your license plate. I got popped a few weeks ago. Thank God it was only for registration, because had the system that runs inspections been working he'd have noticed my sticker doesnt match the dates.

To get a new one is a nightmare. On '05s and later cars, they have to plug you into the emissions computer. It reads your VIN, so you can't just run another car in your place to pass. And unless your car is ran, they know your out of date, even with a current sticker. Good news is only some counties do emissions. Sadly, I live in one (Travis), but we've beem looking at houses outside of Austin and outside of Travis County. All the neighboring counties do not emmission test. Big Brother is everywhere.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #31
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
OP,

I guarantee that I can go to your home state and find a**holes too. Don't judge us all by a few.

Native Eastern N. Carolinian,

Andy
Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #32
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, White w/Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
OP,

I guarantee that I can go to your home state and find a**holes too. Don't judge us all by a few.

Native Eastern N. Carolinian,

Andy

I feel the same as the OP. I don't care for the state of NC. It's my right to voice it. Afterall, me and the OP have gone great lengths to make sure our oppinions can be voiced and so you can voice yours as well. So, feel free to find all the @$$holes you want from PA. In fact, you just did.
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #33
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Hey in Arizona the only inspection you get is Emissions, and that is every other year or so on new cars. The roads here are excellent, and if you want twisties they are not far to be found.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #34
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I thought we only needed inspections like every 5 years? ...well at least in CA.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
we have state inspections here. but honestly I NEVER would take my camaro to a place called "family tire"
its some crazy ass sears auto store place to go.
your car is under warranty, take it to your dealer. 1 they are more professional, 2 the price for inspection is set by the state so its not any more expensive, and 3 somethings they find may be warrantied vs out of pocket at fly by night place.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #36
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
OP & Grt. Wh.

I, too, served my country. The worst placed I lived was S. FL.

Your welcome!

Andy
Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #37
VTimHokie85

Drives: 2010 SS/RS L99 SIM
I feel your pain. Virginia takes a lot of the fun out too. Rules is rules i guess.
VTimHokie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #38
TN 2010 SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The NC guys here with the annual state inspections need to go west- to Tennessee, where there are no required state inspections. Only six counties require an annual emissions inspection. And TN highways are rated third best in the nation by the nation's truckers.
TN 2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #39
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
I LOVE Tennessee
note the plate on the front.....not just anywhere gets props on my maro!
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #40
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS View Post
I feel the same as the OP. I don't care for the state of NC. It's my right to voice it. Afterall, me and the OP have gone great lengths to make sure our oppinions can be voiced and so you can voice yours as well. So, feel free to find all the @$$holes you want from PA. In fact, you just did.
Agreed brother!

To the other guy, you can do the same and go up to NH and find al the a'holes up there. Hell, you might not find one. But, just like GrtWht, I'm right here.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #41
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN 2010 SS View Post
The NC guys here with the annual state inspections need to go west- to Tennessee, where there are no required state inspections. Only six counties require an annual emissions inspection. And TN highways are rated third best in the nation by the nation's truckers.
I lived in Chattanooga for 3 years. Went to school at East Ridge. I was only a kid then, so I didn't really get to enjoy the full experience of driving around TN. I was nice when I did live there though.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #42
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTimHokie85 View Post
I feel your pain. Virginia takes a lot of the fun out too. Rules is rules i guess.
lol, every time i go up north, when i hit the VA line i always get a laugh out of the "Radar Detectors are Illegal" sign. what's up with the new tax law where 10-15 mph over the speed limit = a $3500 fine??