Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
Mcbug

Drives: 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Extended Warranty Deal of the Century

I picked up my Blackk 1SS yesterday. Personally, I don't like the finance guys much as they are arrogant and try to stick you with all of the extras y ou don't need. I paid cash for the car (not rich, but have been saving every penny since it concepted) because my wife wouldnt' go for it if it wasn't paid for in full. The finance guy offered me a extended warranty that doubled the Manufactureres bumper to bumper warranty for $720. I couldn't pass it up, it seemed really inexpensive to me, am I dreaming here?
Mcbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbug View Post
The finance guy offered me a extended warranty that doubled the Manufactureres bumper to bumper warranty for $720. I couldn't pass it up, it seemed really inexpensive to me, am I dreaming here?
I would wake up from that nightmare if I was you.

Extended Warranties can be negotiated at the dealer and you can get 3rd party warranties for less then half that.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Mcbug

Are you serious? $360 to double the mfg. warranty? I had no idea as I have never ever gone for them in the past, but the quotes were around 2K or greater. Ugh... Thanks for setting me straight, I will be more careful next time. Any suggestions on where I could go to get a extended warranty that doubles it for 360? I will call them and cancel it and go buy it. thanks again.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Are you serious? $360 to double the mfg. warranty? I had no idea as I have never ever gone for them in the past, but the quotes were around 2K or greater. Ugh... Thanks for setting me straight, I will be more careful next time. Any suggestions on where I could go to get a extended warranty that doubles it for 360? I will call them and cancel it and go buy it. thanks again.
Some insurance companies do it but we have always got ours from the bank that we get our loan from. Also I wouldn't get any kind of extended warranty until about a month or 1,000 miles before the factory warranty runs out. This will give you time learn your car and figure out if you think an extended warranty may be needed.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
Mcbug

Thanks Draco, don't take this the wrong way but your earlier post made it seem like you knew where and how to get a better deal, yet your comments leave me wondering if you really do. I appreciate the interest in the post though.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Some insurance companies do it but we have always got ours from the bank that we get our loan from.
Quote:
Thanks Draco, don't take this the wrong way but your earlier post made it seem like you knew where and how to get a better deal, yet your comments leave me wondering if you really do. I appreciate the interest in the post though.
I dont mean to butt in but i think he answered by saying that he gets it through the bank