Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 07-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
NH Dealership and Mods

This becomes almost like "Fight Club", do not talk about fight club!

I have heard my dealership is "mod friendly' but what does that mean. MacMulkin allows what kinds of things without giving you a hard way to go?

I tried asking the service manager (granted over email, which I am sure he did not want to say anything in writing) but no progress.

Can someone that uses them PM me or something and telly me your experience there?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
It depends on your mods. They'll pass you for just about anything as long as they can do it visually and there's no CEL's they are very mod friendly but if you go in with say Long Tubes and No Cats expect to be failed.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
A tune might be the one thing that will throw a flag. Other than that the group in nh are open to some things.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
They would never/ever tell you in writing that you can mod your car.

Pretty basic law. Warranty on work can only be voided if the mod done to the car caused the damage.

We've had many cars go in for warranty work. A lot of DOD cars with failed lifters, some with tranny issue's and of course electrical problems for some. NONE were denied because the work/tuning done to them DID NOT cause the issue.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #5
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Again Its really about what your bring your car back for vers what you've done.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Again Its really about what your bring your car back for vers what you've done.
Exactly.

I'm sure there have been a lot of people that have blown there motors by mods like nitrous and blowers. Then try to hide it going back to stock.That is what the dealer is cracking down on.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Think he just wanted to make sure he was ok with mods when he go's in for inspections i could be wrong but good advice you two.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 07-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
I have long tubes, pulley, tune (but rest of exhaust is stock). I got a sticker yesterday. Never had any issue with them. I have had lots of warranty work done there. That's all I can say, real life experience.
If I put heads and cam in my car and have a problem, I would NOT expect them to cover an engine issue, but I would expect my power windows fixed.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #9
Muscle Car Lover

Thanks for the responses all. Just to be clear, I am in Mass so it's not a sticker thing. I want to drive mine until late next winter/early Spring to see if anything major pops up for warranty work and then decide if I am going to go big and head on down to Slowhawk. I had the great pleasure of checking out, and hearing, my salesmans Camaro which was done at Slowhawk and it's simply wonderful. He tracks his car all the time and it's brutal fast.

Right now all I have is a catch can and a VMAX throttle body will arrive next week. That's all I am going to do for now, no reason to do much if I am going to get a package later on. I just wanted to try and make sure I was good until then warranty wise.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Thanks for the responses all. Just to be clear, I am in Mass so it's not a sticker thing. I want to drive mine until late next winter/early Spring to see if anything major pops up for warranty work and then decide if I am going to go big and head on down to Slowhawk. I had the great pleasure of checking out, and hearing, my salesmans Camaro which was done at Slowhawk and it's simply wonderful. He tracks his car all the time and it's brutal fast.

Right now all I have is a catch can and a VMAX throttle body will arrive next week. That's all I am going to do for now, no reason to do much if I am going to get a package later on. I just wanted to try and make sure I was good until then warranty wise.

you'll be fine like Happy_Dan said Macmulkin is very good about mods and anything else you do. To bad they're in the same boat as every other dealership right now with the recall ban on new camaro's.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #11
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
you'll be fine like Happy_Dan said Macmulkin is very good about mods and anything else you do. To bad they're in the same boat as every other dealership right now with the recall ban on new camaro's.
I asked the service dept about the key recall and he said they don't even have the new blanks yet, so don't worry about switching keys? Ok, no problem.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I asked the service dept about the key recall and he said they don't even have the new blanks yet, so don't worry about switching keys? Ok, no problem.
Ya they told me it'd be a week if not two for the new blanks.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #13
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
I have long tubes, pulley, tune (but rest of exhaust is stock). I got a sticker yesterday. Never had any issue with them. I have had lots of warranty work done there. That's all I can say, real life experience.
If I put heads and cam in my car and have a problem, I would NOT expect them to cover an engine issue, but I would expect my power windows fixed.
Do you have High Flows also Happy_Dan?
That's where I would expect they would fail you and not give you a sticker.

Maybe I just got unlucky but the sticker station I went too was really bad. I'm from CA and when I moved here my grand prix had Tint on it for the past 10 years without a problem. Took it to get stickered here in NH. Instead of telling me the tint will fail before they started (they could easily see the tint was too dark and tint is not allowed on the driver and passenger widows) they took 1 1/2 hours and did the full inspection with also entering my car information into the computer system and charging me $35.00 only to tell me it failed and I needed to take ALL my tint off before I could get it stickered. Not only my car but my wife's car as well! Man, was I pissed!!! Try finding a place that will take the tint OFF your car when it has rear window defrosters! Most places won't even touch it and the ones that will cost twice as much as putting the tint on the windows! I tried taking it off my wifes car myself. Worst thing I've ever tried to do and I am mechanically and DIY inclined. Anyway That's how I ended up trading in my grand prix for the Camaro. Let the dealer deal with the tint. So far I haven't found any place in NH that's very "friendly" with mods. Really wish I could.....

My wife's family lives here in the east coast told me oh ya, you can do anything you want to your car here! Umm ya right!!!
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #14
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
Do you have High Flows also Happy_Dan?
That's where I would expect they would fail you and not give you a sticker.

Maybe I just got unlucky but the sticker station I went too was really bad. I'm from CA and when I moved here my grand prix had Tint on it for the past 10 years without a problem. Took it to get stickered here in NH. Instead of telling me the tint will fail before they started (they could easily see the tint was too dark and tint is not allowed on the driver and passenger widows) they took 1 1/2 hours and did the full inspection with also entering my car information into the computer system and charging me $35.00 only to tell me it failed and I needed to take ALL my tint off before I could get it stickered. Not only my car but my wife's car as well! Man, was I pissed!!! Try finding a place that will take the tint OFF your car when it has rear window defrosters! Most places won't even touch it and the ones that will cost twice as much as putting the tint on the windows! I tried taking it off my wifes car myself. Worst thing I've ever tried to do and I am mechanically and DIY inclined. Anyway That's how I ended up trading in my grand prix for the Camaro. Let the dealer deal with the tint. So far I haven't found any place in NH that's very "friendly" with mods. Really wish I could.....

My wife's family lives here in the east coast told me oh ya, you can do anything you want to your car here! Umm ya right!!!
Hi-Flows are fine it's running catless that will get you failed. Tint Laws are being worked on in NH still but foot dragging is inevitable but the passenger/driver tint law will likely stay the same just the limit on tint will be changed because a car = coupe/sedan/hatchback can't go past 35% but a SUV/Pick-Up can be as dark as you want in the rear. Keep in mind i asked a NH trooper on the tint law specifics our cars are 70% pre-tinted that does not count towards your cars tint so adding 35% tint to your car will put you around 28% but it's legal because you only added 35% it's in the way the law is written and worded that you'll be fine just gotta know the rules to play for now.