Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #57
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmorrow View Post
The things you see in that picture are simply little levers to help lift up that speaker bezel while the person in the picture inserted the clip. Once the clip is in, those two black things holding the speaker bezel come up. You can read the install instructions on the proclip website for proof of this.

Since we are digging up this incredibly old thread, I'll go ahead and ask if anyone knows if you can use the side-clip proclip on the drivers side instead of the passengers side?
Rangore was not asking if the black clips remained in place, he was asking if the bracket for the proclip makes the speaker grille look like it's not properly seated in its mount, if it sticks up and looks stupid.

My guess would be no it does not, I don't think proclip would make a system that looked that obviously off.

No problem is resurrecting an old thread, if he has a question that pertains to the thread, that's why old threads are not deleted, there is still good information here.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #58
sjmorrow
LSC Photographer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS w/ RS & M6
Agreed.

So anyone tried to put their console mount proclip on the driver side instead of the passenger side?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #59
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Yes. That was my question and my thought as well. When I looked at their install guide the pic was taken from a low angle and I couldn't see how flush the speaker cover went back to...so hoping someone knew for sure.

As for the drivers side...it looks like it would swivel but hopefully someone will reply that's done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #60
JethroDawg

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I got the same proclip mount but I got it hardwired to the car to charge when the car is on or off. The install was $40
JethroDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #61
Sw0rdf1sh

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary - No Stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
Has anyone tried the Center Mount for ProClip? Does it leave the center speaker cover lifted up and not smooth?

You can see it in this post:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=28

I just installed the Center Mount yesterday. I have my Samsung Galaxy Tab (7") mounted and it fits very well.

I will take some pics today and post them up later.

I had researched different clips for weeks and it was obvious that Proclip would be the choice. I didn't want a vent clip as I feared the weight of the device could damage the vent. The center clip has been designed perfectly for the camaro and doesn't pop up the speaker.
Sw0rdf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote