Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Arrow Stark Industries Camaro [COTW 9/2/13]

My car is still in the planning phase, but I thought I would go ahead and start the build thread so if someone has some ideas I haven't thought of I can incorporate them ahead of time.

Here's a photo of my Camaro the day I brought her home. I was going to wait for a ZL1, but when I found this deal I couldn't pass it up. And I realized I would never actually use the ZL1 for its intended purpose.

First mod was an aftermarket sub, and it's still a work in progress. I'm planning on adding an additional 10" sub on the driver's side and building a custom cover for the amp and wires.

I ordered a Revolution Styling cowl hood with the reverse kit. Had a lot of issues with the company that painted it, but the actual ordering process was great (despite all the negative comments on this forum about Revolution).

Now on to the project I'm tackling for my car...

Last edited by Tysen; 05-28-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Tysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Tysen

A few weeks ago, I came across some vinyl stripes that a member was selling in the classified section. They were full length gold stripes. I had been wondering what I could do to make my Camaro more unique from the multitude of Camaros I see on the road these days.

I work in IT, so obviously I'm a nerd. I didn't want to do the overly done Transformers theme either. So I started planning for an Ironman themed Camaro. The gold stripes against the RJT looked great in the photoshop that another member did for me.

So, now that I had the exterior started, I began working on the next step. You can't have an Ironman car without an arc reactor. I went on Instructables.com and looked at all the homemade arc reactors. All the really awesome looking ones required a CNC laser cutter, something way out of my league. So, I contacted the company that is the pinnacle of lighting products, AAC. Justin from AAC said it wasn't something they normally do, but that he was eager to see the outcome. He has done some amazing work so far, and I can't say enough good things about him and his company. Here is the mock-up he recently sent me.

I was going to fiberglass something custom myself for the engine cover, but felt with this being the centerpiece of the theme I should leave it to the pros.

I dropped my engine cover off this morning at Sonus car audio (really great customization shop) and they were excited to be involved with it. They're currently planning out the engine cover. I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get something back from them.

I have a proximity sensor and a customizable voice alarm being added to my Viper remote start system next Monday, and already have some JARVIS sound files that will be programmed into the voice module.

That's where I'm at right now though. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

Last edited by Tysen; 06-25-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Tysen

Received new photos of the arc reactor in progress today. One photo of the front and one of the back.

The engine cover is still in the design phase, but I should get some drawings done by this weekend and I'll get them posted up. I'm also thinking about getting a strut bar with the Stark Industries logo on it.

UPDATE 04JUN12:

Arc Reactor is completed! Just received these photos from AAC.

UPDATE 16JUN12:

Engine cover is installed and wired up. Here are a few pictures. Think I'm going to keep it the color it is currently, but I will be adding some Stark Industries logos to the cover.

I am glad now that I went with the Revolution hood, you can see the reactor and the wiring through the cowl.

Here are some videos. Please excuse the quality, I took them with my phone.

Last edited by Tysen; 06-16-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very cool! Looking great so far. I'll be checking in on ya!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
SWEET ride!!
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
stripes look awesome bro .
Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
concrete jungle
Hitman

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
A few weeks ago, I came across some vinyl stripes that a member was selling in the classified section. They were full length gold stripes. I had been wondering what I could do to make my Camaro more unique from the multitude of Camaros I see on the road these days.

I work in IT, so obviously I'm a nerd. I didn't want to do the overly done Transformers theme either. So I started planning for an Ironman themed Camaro. The gold stripes against the RJT looked great in the photoshop that another member did for me.

So, now that I had the exterior started, I began working on the next step. You can't have an Ironman car without an arc reactor. I went on Instructables.com and looked at all the homemade arc reactors. All the really awesome looking ones required a CNC laser cutter, something way out of my league. So, I contacted the company that is the pinnacle of lighting products, AAC. Justin from AAC said it wasn't something they normally do, but that he was eager to see the outcome. He has done some amazing work so far, and I can't say enough good things about him and his company. Here is the mock-up he recently sent me.

Of course, with AAC providing such an awesome piece of art, I couldn't put it in a stock engine cover. I was going to fiberglass something custom myself, but felt with this being the centerpiece of the theme I should leave it to the pros.

I dropped my engine cover off this morning at Sonus car audio (really great customization shop) and they were excited to be involved with it. They're currently planning out the engine cover. I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get something back from them.

I have a proximity sensor and a customizable voice alarm being added to my Viper remote start system next Monday, and already have some JARVIS sound files that will be programmed into the voice module.

That's where I'm at right now though. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

Very impressive.

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .
https://www.facebook.com/tonyrowe1966

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
concrete jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
The stripes will look AWESOME!!! Congrats on choosing a cool theme. Looking forward to the progression.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
Mr. STARK

Drives: Chevy camaro 2010 stark edition
Reference, Stark Camaro

Love the Idea, and go figure one of Chevy's stock colors mimicks his armor really well. But, I might have to claim the First Camaro, S.I. edition:
7 months old.

-- Mr. Stark, 21, US ARMY Infantry
Attached Images

Mr. STARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
Mr. STARK

Drives: Chevy camaro 2010 stark edition
I had to have the Vinyl stripes idea concepted, Searching for a good image, which i actually screen captured off a movie, then pasted, and of course I wanted both points at the end of "industries" to be at the front of the car, so the arrows face the same direction, so I had to cut and flip and re paste, for the other side of the car, that way the words are readable, and the arrows point forward. and of course the 6 month wait for the DMV to approve my license plate. =/ but worth every dollar and worth every second =) nothin like pointing fingers and pictures bein taken!
Mr. STARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Sounds like this could be pretty cool.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Looks cool Tysen !!!
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
I like all these ideas

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xjolkn
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Looking real good love that RJT in the sunlight!