Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Zackety93

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 6-speed manual
About time for an Intake...

Wellp.. I've worked off all that cat-back money ;P so I guess it's time for my intake. I've pretty much decided on the CAI intake with the black housing. From everything I've read, I'm probably going to need the washer bottle relocate kit as well. How hard is it to relocate the washer bottle? I don't want anything to mess up and screw up my fluid spray :/

I'll be ordering from Apex, as they did me good on my exhaust
Zackety93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
It's very easy and u won't b disappointed
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
cai inc and washer bottle kit is easy to do...like 10 mins for intake and a few more for the washer. Don't forget the scoop that takes the already great product of CAI Inc to another level.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
Zackety93

I just haven't seen any install videos, and the threads with pictures are a bit too confusing for me. The last thread I looked at showed something about cutting a piece of plastic to get the scoop to fit or something-or-other? So I kind of stepped away from it for a bit, but I'd like the small hp gain and the bit of fuel economy it would give me, now.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackety93 View Post
I just haven't seen any install videos, and the threads with pictures are a bit too confusing for me. The last thread I looked at showed something about cutting a piece of plastic to get the scoop to fit or something-or-other? So I kind of stepped away from it for a bit, but I'd like the small hp gain and the bit of fuel economy it would give me, now.
if you buy apex's scoop they will walk you through it I am sure. goodluck
Old 03-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Wellp.. I've worked off all that cat-back money ;P so I guess it's time for my intake. I've pretty much decided on the CAI intake with the black housing. From everything I've read, I'm probably going to need the washer bottle relocate kit as well. How hard is it to relocate the washer bottle? I don't want anything to mess up and screw up my fluid spray :/

I'll be ordering from Apex, as they did me good on my exhaust
Quote:
The scoop and washer tank install is pretty easy. When i say that keep in mind, I am not a mechanic. Instructions are included and along with the photos you have seen others post you should not have any problems. Of course, if you have any questions we are here to help.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Thank for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

In case you did not know, or for other readers who may not know, our CAI does not require a washer bottle relocation kit ar any additional modifications for it to be installed. There are other companies that make and sell "air scoops" which are known to do very well with our CAI, you only require a washer relocation kit when using one of those scoops, which is sold seperately from our CAI as an additional modification that can be done.

Thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Zackety93

And my only other question is:

Will my MAF sensor still function properly? I read something about it throwing a code with an aftermarket intake.. I don't need any dash lights on :/
Old 03-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:

Will my MAF sensor still function properly? I read something about it throwing a code with an aftermarket intake.. I don't need any dash lights on :/
Our CAI will not throw a CEL (check engine light) there are companies out there with poorly designed intakes that are known to throw a code, ours is not one of them. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Our CAI will not throw a CEL (check engine light) there are companies out there with poorly designed intakes that are known to throw a code, ours is not one of them. Let me know if you have any other questions.
This is correct. The "weak" MAF sensor issue you may have heard about does not set off a CEL but can cause some driveability issues. An air intake upgrade alone is not typically enough to upset a "weak" MAF but it is something you might want to check when you get a chance. That way if you decide to install a scoop or ported throttle body later you will know if you should also upgrade your MAF.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #11
Zackety93

The only reason I worry, is I don't want it to throw any codes or turn on any lights. I have a warranty to stick to for now :/ And as farfetched as it may seem, I don't want to give them ANY reason to void my warranty :/
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #12
Zackety93

Quote:
The only reason I worry, is I don't want it to throw any codes or turn on any lights. I have a warranty to stick to for now :/ And as farfetched as it may seem, I don't want to give them ANY reason to void my warranty :/
Especially over parts so simple as an intake, washer bottle relocate, and an air scoop :/
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Quote:
Especially over parts so simple as an intake, washer bottle relocate, and an air scoop :/
Nothing about these upgrades should throw a CEL as long as they are installed properly. Even if you did have a "weak" MAF.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
Zackety93

Alright. Thanks Chase. and everyone else. Should see my order in at Apex by the end of the week most likely :P