Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #113
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
This is an online and mostly anonymous forum. So that means about the only member we can be sure is speaking with any kind of authority would be Fbodfather. So everone else goes firmly into the category of "speculator". Even if Camero posted his paystub online we still couldn't verify the truth in his statements. So take it all with a grain of salt and respectfully agree or disagree. Hell, pick sides if you want. But don't make the mistake of thinking anyone is a credible source when it comes to what GM is doing with the Camaro. Unless we are repeating what GM already said. And we won't know for sure until GM says it.

Camero is for real. (altho it hurts to read his name -- too many people misspell it as it is!!!)

(by the way, camero -- please drop me an email at my work addy so I know who you are -- I think I do -- but not 100 percent certain......)

Camero is also right when he says the lights aren't velcro'd or hot-glued in. I took a little bit of 'liberty' with that to illustrate that the lights are not production intent. (in fact we just received one of the marketing IVER units and it has plugs rather than lights) If you were to look closely at one of the mules, you WOULD think that they're production intent because the lights are enclosed in a finished black composite panel -- that covers the headlight "bucket" if you will............

Lights are NOT production.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #114
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
didn't you already tell us this...dont we all know this already???
not to be annoying ... my source tells me the lights aren't ready yet but you may have more knowledge as to what the lights actually look like... can you give a possible text description as to what they look like?

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #115
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
...Maybe a little billet? Naw...too much weight.
You can say that again! I saw that grill in that exact spot in the shops and tried to pick it up and almost couldn't! I think they said it was like 70lbs or something like that! And when it was painted you couldn't even tell it wasn't plastic!
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #116
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
once again, the "big boss apple sauce" himself tells once agin, those lights arent production. Thanks for the info fbodfather, even tho you've been pounding it into our heads, just joking

And now, we even know camero is the real deal! Well, now that we know that, maybe we should start listening to him too, and not just fbodfather.

But ive said it many times, this car is cool no matter what headlights it has!! Just be glad the famed Camaro is coming back, WITH AVENGENCE!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #117
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Camero is for real. (altho it hurts to read his name -- too many people misspell it as it is!!!)

(by the way, camero -- please drop me an email at my work addy so I know who you are -- I think I do -- but not 100 percent certain......)

Camero is also right when he says the lights aren't velcro'd or hot-glued in. I took a little bit of 'liberty' with that to illustrate that the lights are not production intent. (in fact we just received one of the marketing IVER units and it has plugs rather than lights) If you were to look closely at one of the mules, you WOULD think that they're production intent because the lights are enclosed in a finished black composite panel -- that covers the headlight "bucket" if you will............

Lights are NOT production.
Thanks for clarification, once again.

And I just want to be clear. I only used Camero as an example. I, In no way, meant to insinuate that he was deliberatly lying or not to be trusted. It's just that we really can't verify anything that anyone says. Myself included.

Sincerely I meant no offense. And I apologize if my earlier post reads with any malice in it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #118
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
... at 80% because we don't know much about him, Camero at about the same.
WHAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Cool I felt my stock just go up! If this forum doesn't hear from me again it's because I emailed Scott and he had me silenced.

(Scott I almost said hi to you at the reveal in Engineering South last week but I don't think you have any idea who I am. But I'll say hi tomorrow just in case!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptianSam View Post
... my source tells me the lights aren't ready yet but you may have more knowledge as to what the lights actually look like... can you give a possible text description as to what they look like?
Well you've been told by several insiders that the orders from the top and the desire on the part of the entire design team was that nothing be changed from the showcar that didn't have to be.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #119
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
in other words... the lights are going to look like the concepts...??? i dont understand... i know most of the front clip will be minimally changed in the sense the shape will be retained but the lights, sidemarkers, even fogs and grill may change... but what the 'headlights' going to look like? the single halo/led/projector combo... or the multi faceted... or under glass etc... you tell me all i know is that they are not going to stay like that...

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #120
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Well you've been told by several insiders that the orders from the top and the desire on the part of the entire design team was that nothing be changed from the showcar that didn't have to be.
I'm glad to hear this from someone whom Scott said is for real And I'm happy for you that Scott vouched for you! It's nice to know that someone so close to the project (along with Scott) is posting on this forum with us It also makes me happy to know that there HAS to be a reason you spelled your username that way!! :P

When Scott said IVER units...what does that mean?? I'm missing something! And Scott, it's good to see you're on this board, too...I've found it to be a MUCH friendlier and more inviting atmosphere

CaptianSam...with all of the talk about the headlights...I'm pretty sure that if anyone was allowed to disclose what is planned for production...it would have been said by now...

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #121
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
That is an awesome looking pic. One thing that I am thinking of from another thread though is the placement of the front plate bracket. Looks like the proper place would be right smack dab on the lower scoop. Might have to move to a one plate state. I have a question for you all. I thought I read that that the silver concept was damaged and they had to cancel its show tour. Anyone else hear or read that?
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #122
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Quote:
When Scott said IVER units...what does that mean?? I'm missing something!
Integration Vehicle Engineering Release.

Basically, it's a "beta" car that was mostly hand built using close, but not final, production parts. It'll have rough placeholders like the often discussed headlights. They're meant for testing the integration of the whole car as a completed system.

The next cars will be much closer to final. I think those are called MANVAL. Manufacturing validation. A low volume of cars built with parts meant to represent final production hardware. Once spy shots of those start to surface, you'll likely see things like production grilles, headlights, and paint colors besides white and black. Interior plastics and materials will fit better, have final texturing, and colors.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #123
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Scott, thanks for that.
Camero...if I could shake your hand through the internet, I would.

I truly am sorry for any fustration we caused you. But you can hardly blame us for being over-cautious, right?

No hard feelings?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #124
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Scott, thanks for that.
Camero...if I could shake your hand through the internet, I would.

I truly am sorry for any fustration we caused you. But you can hardly blame us for being over-cautious, right?

No hard feelings?

Ditto with me camero on one of the posts a while back. I apologize if I came off like a

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #125
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
Integration Vehicle Engineering Release.

Basically, it's a "beta" car that was mostly hand built using close, but not final, production parts. It'll have rough placeholders like the often discussed headlights. They're meant for testing the integration of the whole car as a completed system.

The next cars will be much closer to final. I think those are called MANVAL. Manufacturing validation. A low volume of cars built with parts meant to represent final production hardware. Once spy shots of those start to surface, you'll likely see things like production grilles, headlights, and paint colors besides white and black. Interior plastics and materials will fit better, have final texturing, and colors.
Thanks a lot for the clarification! I wonder when the shots of the MANVAL cars will come out...oh the anticipation

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #126
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3
... at 80% because we don't know much about him, Camero at about the same
WHAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3
I think that this helps to confirm Camero's place as being who he claims
I said that other bit first remember . . . but now after what Scott said, you are up there with him and 3whiterag at as close to being 100% as possible.
Quote:
Cool I felt my stock just go up! If this forum doesn't hear from me again it's because I emailed Scott and he had me silenced.
There's gonna have to be a set of protocols determined at GM for how employees can confirm/deny/hint people on the forums.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote