Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #603
catdaddy

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2010SS View Post
Well guys it has been fun while it lasted. Apparently the railroads are not happy with what I am doing and have threatened legal action if I continue to provide you all with the information. I completely don’t agree with their position, but they are much more powerful than I am. I was only trying to help you all find out where your cars are and help take some of the burden off GM with all the calls to dealers and the DBC. GM obviously overlooked this part of the ordering process, but in their defense, they used their resources to build one hell of a Camaro!

Hopefully you all have your cars before you know it!

I guess it’s the good guys that get burned….

It’s been fun.

KK
KK,
This was great while it lasted. My car is sitting at a railyard in Houston waiting to be off loaded. Once more of us get ours in we will have to have an Austin area meet up. Maybe we'll invite SA

Cat
catdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #604
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Well you could track your own before the Union Pacific took their site down last week. Technically I might be able to track railcars, just not VIN numbers but its not something I want to risk right now. Wish I could help. You could still try calling the railroads..... All they can say is NO.
I dont blame you. The dirty bast*&)....lol I would not want you to do anything that would put your job at risk. They will get here when they get here....It was great that you were able to help as many out as you did though. Thanks for a couple weeks of good reading. Good luck with your car.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #605
Toons
Speed Racer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Well you could track your own before the Union Pacific took their site down last week. Technically I might be able to track railcars, just not VIN numbers but its not something I want to risk right now. Wish I could help. You could still try calling the railroads..... All they can say is NO.
Thanks as well KK, you are a class act! Too bad the railroads can't stand to be watched, and GM can't act like every other 21st century business and provide online order tracking. Kudo's to you from all of us here in Texas!
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #606
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Seems like lately all anyone is telling us is "no".

At least I got my car cover today so have something to hug while I wait.... and wait..... and wait.....for news about what is supposed to go underneath it!

Thanks KK for all you did. You know you're doing something right when someone pulls the lawyer card on ya! Too bad you can't pull out the "oh yah, well my Uncle Guito....."
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #607
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
KK,
This was great while it lasted. My car is sitting at a railyard in Houston waiting to be off loaded. Once more of us get ours in we will have to have an Austin area meet up. Maybe we'll invite SA

Cat
I think mine is on the same train. Located in Westfield. My dealer says hopefully unloaded tomorrow so I can take it home!
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #608
quanine10
1SS/RS blk on blk 6spd

Drives: 2010 Camaro Blk/Blk SS/RS 6spd
My dealer told me my car has been shipped and should arrive at a railyard in south Carolina on the 18. My dealership is in winston salem nc. Can anyone verify this and could it be here by the 22nd. My vin is 2g1fs1ew2a9107591. I'm freaking losing it man!!!
quanine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #609
catdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchimp View Post
I think mine is on the same train. Located in Westfield. My dealer says hopefully unloaded tomorrow so I can take it home!
Got the call today saying mine is at the dealership. Hope yours is to.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #610
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
when was your car produced
Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #611
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
Quote:
Nope, still on the train. Said it may not be unloaded until the 19th! HUH?!
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #612
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
First of all Thanx KK2010SS for all the good work you did.

I don't know if this helps, but my dealer sent me the automated phone line for CSX Transportation. So if your car is in a CSX train, you can track it by calling the phone number and tell it your train car number. Your dealer can give you the train number as stated many time by HuJass.

Specific instructions:
If Mr xxxx would like to have the rail car updates he can call 1-800-235-2352
it is an automated line..and here is how it works:
dial # 1-800.235-2352
say "Location"
say the letters of the car SSW
then they will ask for the #'s of the car 80791
remember to speak clearly as sometimes the letter is not sounded out correctly and
nothing comes up..

Hope this helps someone.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #613
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 2010 2SS, Silver Ice
Thanks for doing this KK. Sorry they shut you down. Mine was made on 5/11 and was looking forward to watching it progress on this link. Oh, well, nothings gone real smooth with this. We'll see you on the road!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #614
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
First of all Thanx KK2010SS for all the good work you did.

I don't know if this helps, but my dealer sent me the automated phone line for CSX Transportation. So if your car is in a CSX train, you can track it by calling the phone number and tell it your train car number. Your dealer can give you the train number as stated many time by HuJass.

Specific instructions:
If Mr xxxx would like to have the rail car updates he can call 1-800-235-2352
it is an automated line..and here is how it works:
dial # 1-800.235-2352
say "Location"
say the letters of the car SSW
then they will ask for the #'s of the car 80791
remember to speak clearly as sometimes the letter is not sounded out correctly and
nothing comes up..

Hope this helps someone.

how do you get these numbers?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #615
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Well the train with my car on it came in to oklahoma wednesday. My dealer is no where to be found right now. i called in and asked one of the people have a camaro came in and they said no. so it has to be still on that damn train. and i cant find out shit, am starting to pull my damn hair out.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #616
catdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
when was your car produced
I have no idea. I haven't seen a seen a copy of the order history. I know it was accepted on 4/9.