Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 03-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Should I just change the isolator

Wanna get some opinions do I just change the isolator on the S/C or take a chance a GM tech replacing my S/C without and difficulty or scratches or some other problem. I read about the flutter in the new S/C and it makes me a little nervous I'm trading one problem for another. Are their any guys out there that have had the S/C swap and are happier or not so happy. Thanks for the help
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Candr3535

Also btw I have 1270 miles on the car and the rattle is not very noticeable yet but is there none the less.
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Old 03-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I let a reputable dealership take care of it for me down here. It was an hour away and there was probably ~12 or so closer dealerships. If you do it yourself or let them do it a flutter will exist regardless because they are both solid isolators with no spring. For me it fluttered the same before replacing as it did after for what it's worth to you.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:50 AM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I wouldn't worry about it at all unless you want to start modding. Let the dealer change it out and get a brand new S/C in the process.

They changed mine out and two weeks later I took it back off and pullied down.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
IIRC, when the TSB on the isolator came out, it stated that if you had changed it yourself, GM would reimburse you for the cost of having it changed.

As long as that's still true, it means you'd be able to change it yourself rather than having the local dealers monkeys do it and scratch your car in the process, and still have GM foot the bill.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I wouldn't worry about it at all unless you want to start modding. Let the dealer change it out and get a brand new S/C in the process.
I would do this in your case since the car has so few miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
IIRC, when the TSB on the isolator came out, it stated that if you had changed it yourself, GM would reimburse you for the cost of having it changed.

As long as that's still true, it means you'd be able to change it yourself rather than having the local dealers monkeys do it and scratch your car in the process, and still have GM foot the bill.
I did this for mine because I replaced it before I received the notice from GM. Worked out fine for me.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #7
Candr3535

Thanks guys, getting S/C replaced Wednesday and the off to Jannetty's next Thursday. Hope all goes well. Thanks again for the input
Old 03-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #8
Candr3535

I dropped off car yesterday and guess what, I picked it up 2 pm today. All is well. GOT MY NEW SUPERCHARGER. Anyone in South Jersey need a top notch dealer, I got them just instead message me. Best dealership I've ever dealt with.