Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
MReno93

Drives: 2013 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Camaro 1LE ordering info

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and have some questions about the 1LE.

I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't get back until late Sept. early Aug. I was wondering when the 1LE will no longer be available for purchase. I know that you can still order 2012 on the Chevrolet website, so will the 2013 and 1LE package be available for order until this time next year or is there a projected date where they will uplift the package? If you have any info I would much appreciate it! Thank you for your time and feed back!
MReno93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
I'm guessing that they will not be available to order once the 2013 model year runs out which if I am correct is the end of June. Then the 2014's will be available to order, and Chevrolet has announced that there is a "refresh" coming for the Camaro.

So if you want the 1LE, I would suggest ordering it in June and it should be built and to you just around the time that you get back to the USA!
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #3
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I suggest if you like the current style and want a 1LE order now.

I'm also in Afghanistan and ordered one on 2/14 and it'll be in production either this week or next week. If you wait to see what the 14' models you can wait and look, decide then but I'd be asking a dealer now what's the latest you can order a 13' let alone a 1LE just in case.

It's a simple phone call to a couple dealers or if you have a specific dealer you prefer. Cover your own ass!!
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MReno93 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and have some questions about the 1LE.

I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't get back until late Sept. early Aug. I was wondering when the 1LE will no longer be available for purchase. I know that you can still order 2012 on the Chevrolet website, so will the 2013 and 1LE package be available for order until this time next year or is there a projected date where they will uplift the package? If you have any info I would much appreciate it! Thank you for your time and feed back!
First off, thank you for your service. I'm not sure how you're arriving at being able to order MY 2012 since this is 2013(they stopped taking orders for 2012 back in May of 2012). GM has not announced the end of MY 2013 yet.

Towards the end of March, GM is going to unveil a refresh of the Camaro for 2014 at the New York International Auto Show and more than likely at that time or shortly after will announce when that will commence.

I would wait until this announcement is made to make a decision on ordering a 1LE, since you will have plenty of time after to put your order in. I'm quite sure that the 1LE option will be available going into the 2014 MY. MY stands for Model Year. Godspeed in your return stateside

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
MReno93

I would like to thank you all for your responses! This info has helped out tremendously and has helped get a better view on things as far as my time line.

-T&T moyers thank you for the info, and your service as well! I'm actually in the Kabul region myself haha. Anyways, keep your head down and I will pray for a safe return for you. By the way, what color did you order? And did you just discuss your info over the phone with your dealership to order one? Or did you have a POA to where someone could sign for you? Thanks again!

-mhoskins76 thanks for the info as well!

-Bad@ssCamaro I'm not sure how I was arriving there either. It would allow me to customize and price a 2012 lol. Thank you for your input as well, it was all very informative.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
My wife placed the order after some heavy negotiations (between her and I) We've bought more than a few vehicles this way, yeah she has a PoA and our dealer is great to deal with, they know us very well.

We ordered a 2SS, white with the NPP exhaust. There's a small mountain of parts in the garage waiting to be installed after it arrives and I'm home on vacation in late April for a few weeks. I'm going to be splitting time modding the 1LE and getting a dyno tune & tweaking done on the Busa so it'll be a busy 3 weeks.

I'm a contr here in Kabul, work on KAIA but live in town and travel for work all the time. It's good work and I have a great time traveling & FOB hopping.

Stay safe brother!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MReno93 View Post
-T&T moyers thank you for the info, and your service as well! I'm actually in the Kabul region myself haha. Anyways, keep your head down and I will pray for a safe return for you. By the way, what color did you order? And did you just discuss your info over the phone with your dealership to order one? Or did you have a POA to where someone could sign for you? Thanks again!
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
MReno93

Ahh okay, see I don't have a POA set up with anyone as I am single. I may be able to do things over the phone I really am not sure. I don't think we have a fax to sign anything though. This is where I'm really torn and don't know if I'll be able to get one. That's awesome though, I want the white as well! I think that one looks the best. Thanks for your time and input though, stay safe as well!