Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
cesaresbueno

Drives: SIM 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to cesaresbueno
Alright I need your help and advice

Ok Im 17 and Ive been driving a SIM 2SS/RS for almost a year now its an automatic and I have a sunroof. Its got around 5600 miles on it and I LOVE IT! but there's always times where I wish, man i wish i didn't have this or i wish i didn't have that. Sorry if I'm sounding like an ungrateful little kid. And I'm not, I love my parents for buying me my car and there's not a day where I don't thank them for it. But anyways I've been thinking if maybe I or my parents could trade in my 2010 SIM 2SS/RS for another Camaro, and I want this one to be perfect. Black 2SS/RS. NO sunroof. MANUAL. and polished rims. I've been doing the math and thats quite cheaper than what I'm driving now. Now my car isn't completely paid off yet though.

And I just wanted to know what you guys would do and how? Or what would be the best for my parents to do. Thanks!
cesaresbueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Your parents are going to loose a lot of money if they trade in your car for a different one. If I were you, I'd just be happy with what you have. My first car was a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick that I bought on my own when I was 15 (dad helped with the insurance).

Also- be prepared for some interesting remarks from other members- something tells me mine will be one of the nicer ones.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Really......Really?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige

Michelle42780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
cesaresbueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
Your parents are going to loose a lot of money if they trade in your car for a different one. If I were you, I'd just be happy with what you have. My first car was a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick that I bought on my own when I was 15 (dad helped with the insurance).

Also- be prepared for some interesting remarks from other members- something tells me mine will be one of the nicer ones.
Im in love with my camaro, and i don't necessarily want to trade it in right now like in my 19s or 20's maybe older. just the whole fact that its in my parents name.

I tried to make it sound as ungrateful as possible sorry guys, but I'm ready.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
biojack

Drives: 1LT/RS,MRTv2, Injen
i'd say enjoy your current car.....your going to lose lots of $$$$$ if you trade in now....and understand that many people are going to reply to this post with some frustration...you may not intend to sound ungrateful, but given your age and the fact that your parents paid for the car it is kinda ungrateful even tho you love the car...(many people sacrifice alot to buy such a car, and a rare few 17 yr olds have the chance to own one...)
biojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Good for you. If you can talk them into another one, go for it. We are all just jealous because most of us had to work our butts off for a pile of junk at your age. I bought a Z06 in my late twenties. The old Corvette men gave me crap then.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
cesaresbueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by biojack View Post
i'd say enjoy your current car.....your going to lose lots of $$$$$ if you trade in now....and understand that many people are going to reply to this post with some frustration...you may not intend to sound ungrateful, but given your age and the fact that your parents paid for the car it is kinda ungrateful even tho you love the car...(many people sacrifice alot to buy such a car, and a rare few 17 yr olds have the chance to own one...)
You're right. thanks.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
cesaresbueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974 View Post
Good for you. If you can talk them into another one, go for it. We are all just jealous because most of us had to work our butts off for a pile of junk at your age. I bought a Z06 in my late twenties. The old Corvette men gave me crap then.
I actually haven't brought this up to them, just the fear of their response being the same as some of the other guys on the forum.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
StreetReporter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Black on Black
Would your parents consider adopting a 41 year old?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
They prob got you all the options figuring you'd want them - I will say it's nice to see that you would want a cheaper version - but like others have said, trading it in now would prob make it more costly in the long run.

I'd have been friggen thrilled at 17 to have one of these - hell I was thrilled with my 88 Nova!!

Approaching your parents with this is something to take caution on - you def don't want them to think you are being ungrateful for what you have when you are just thinking of cheaper options....(tho for real, losing a sunroof isn't going to save very much....it's not like you are talking about going to an LT from the SS or soemthing....)
Old 06-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
cesaresbueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetReporter View Post
Would your parents consider adopting a 41 year old?
Haha I don't think so. sorry. You'd be older than my mom and almost as old as my dad.. weird?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I'm using canadian pricing numbers here, so they might be a bit higher, but losing the sunroof and auto would only save you about 2500ish. Then the polished rims would cut into that savings a touch.

You'll lose ALOT more than that by trading your current one in. I'd say enjoy the one you got, and save some pennies for the Z28 haha THEN get the one you want.

I'm totally jealous that you have that at 17 haha I had a 91 civic Si hatchback that was 5 different shades of red. Including what I used to call "Iron Oxide Red" haha... rust but people still hassle me about owning this car and I'm 25. You sound like a grateful kid though, there's no harm in dreaming about cars you would love to have.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I wouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.... Your parents bought you an amazing car and it has a couple options you don't like?? Man, I wish I was in that situation.

Keep the car and enjoy it. When you're on your own and have a job, then you can buy what you want. Until then, keep your mouth shut about it and enjoy a sweet SS.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote