Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
pglover19

Drives: BMW
Does anyone know the CSX train route to Virginia (Richmond,VA)?

I have been tracking my Camaro since 09/14. It is currently being loaded at the Toronto yard. Did anyone track and get the names of where it was and what route it took to Richmond, Virginia?
pglover19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
srwiltshire

Drives: Got a Silver 2LT RS
I don't know how long it took fonsecam to get to Michigan but this was a status that he posted in another thread. From Roanoke it had to go to Petersburg and then hopped on a truck.

9-1-09 Michigan
9-2-09 Airline Junction OH
9-3-09 Portsmouth OH
9-3-09 Williamson WV
9-4-09 Roanoke VA
1100, Preliminary Order - official word from The Viz - 9/10/09 (this is also the first day I received my order number)
2000, Order accepted by GM 10/13/2009
2500, Order preferenced 10/14/2009
3000, Order accepted by production control 10/19/2009 TPW 11/02/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 10/25/2009
3400, Order broadcast 10/30/2009
3800, Order produced 11/05/2009 2G1FC1EV3A9164001
4200, shipped 11/10/2009 - ETTX907886
Delivered 11/22/2009
srwiltshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I ordered mine from Luck chevrolet in Richmond. Mine was routed into Petersburg, then to the dealer.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
xero755

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post
I have been tracking my Camaro since 09/14. It is currently being loaded at the Toronto yard. Did anyone track and get the names of where it was and what route it took to Richmond, Virginia?
Are you sure that it is coming on a CSX train? I ordered mine from Dominion on West Broad St. and my car came via Norfolk Southern and was loaded on a truck in Petersburg and transferred to the dealer that way.

I was able to use the VIN tracker thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31614) to find out what train car my VIN was loaded on and Norfolk Southern has a phone number that you can call to track the train car using voice prompts (DO NOT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON). It took about 2 days for the car to show up at the dealership after the status of the boxcar was changed to "arrived".

Hope that helps and congrats on the new car
xero755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
pglover19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero755 View Post
Are you sure that it is coming on a CSX train? I ordered mine from Dominion on West Broad St. and my car came via Norfolk Southern and was loaded on a truck in Petersburg and transferred to the dealer that way.

I was able to use the VIN tracker thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31614) to find out what train car my VIN was loaded on and Norfolk Southern has a phone number that you can call to track the train car using voice prompts (DO NOT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON). It took about 2 days for the car to show up at the dealership after the status of the boxcar was changed to "arrived".

Hope that helps and congrats on the new car
The dealer gave me the railroad company (CSX) and the railcar number. I has some tracking information already by calling the CSX automated tracking number. It may be tranferred to Norfolk Southern at some point.. The dealer told me that the car will be dropped off in Petersburg via train and trucked to Richmond.

Can you give me some specific information on how you tracked your car. In addition, can you post the 1-800 number to Norfolk Southern and the information that is required to enter in the automated system.

Thanks... .Anxiously awaiting..
Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
xero755

Quote:
The dealer gave me the railroad company (CSX) and the railcar number. I has some tracking information already by calling the CSX automated tracking number. It may be tranferred to Norfolk Southern at some point.. The dealer told me that the car will be dropped off in Petersburg via train and trucked to Richmond.

Can you give me some specific information on how you tracked your car. In addition, can you post the 1-800 number to Norfolk Southern and the information that is required to enter in the automated system.

Thanks... .Anxiously awaiting..
My dad was the source of information stating that CSX didn't have a depot in Petersburg. He apparently has some friends at CSX that pointed him in that direction. The thread that I linked above has an application that you can enter your VIN number and it will spit back any information about the tracking of your car. NOTE: It takes a day or so depending on when you enter the information. http://camarotracking.com/ is where I entered my VIN and got my train car #. If you have a train car number already, there is no point doing that step. Depending on what the prefix of the car is may determine who you can contact to get the location information of that railcar. The ID should be a combination of letters and numbers (ETTX 123541)

Norfolk Southern's number:

PLEASE DON'T SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON. The original thread that I linked makes sure to state that multiple times as well. If people do this, the means of tracking these cars may go away.

Traffic Delivery imtrafficdelivery@nscorp.com
Phone 800-497-2919
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 7:00pm EST
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm EST

Option 1 Tracing Assistance.....Say Tracing (or press 1)

* (This will give the current location of the equipment)
Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
pglover19

Quote:
My dad was the source of information stating that CSX didn't have a depot in Petersburg. He apparently has some friends at CSX that pointed him in that direction. The thread that I linked above has an application that you can enter your VIN number and it will spit back any information about the tracking of your car. NOTE: It takes a day or so depending on when you enter the information. http://camarotracking.com/ is where I entered my VIN and got my train car #. If you have a train car number already, there is no point doing that step. Depending on what the prefix of the car is may determine who you can contact to get the location information of that railcar. The ID should be a combination of letters and numbers (ETTX 123541)

Norfolk Southern's number:

PLEASE DON'T SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON. The original thread that I linked makes sure to state that multiple times as well. If people do this, the means of tracking these cars may go away.

Traffic Delivery imtrafficdelivery@nscorp.com
Phone 800-497-2919
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 7:00pm EST
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm EST

Option 1 Tracing Assistance.....Say Tracing (or press 1)

* (This will give the current location of the equipment)
Great information... My railcar number does start with "ETTX".. I was able to call the Norfolk Southern number and find more information about when the vehicle is scheduled to be delivered to Petersburg... It seems that the vehicle is initially shipped via CSX and then gets transferred to Norfolk Southern. I was able to get much more information on the Norfolk Southern automated tracking system than CSX...

Great information and I should have my vehicle on Sept. 24th....
Old 09-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
xero755

Good luck. I had a hell of a time getting the car once it actually arrived in Petersburg. Being that close it seemed like it took FOREVER!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #9
pglover19

Quote:
Good luck. I had a hell of a time getting the car once it actually arrived in Petersburg. Being that close it seemed like it took FOREVER!
xero755,

My car will arrive in Petersburg tomorrow (09/25 @ 6:07AM). What trucking company was used to transport the vehicle from Petersburg to the dealer in Richmond? You said in a previous post "I had a hell of a time getting the car once it actually arrived in Petersburg". How long did it take?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
xero755

Quote:
xero755,

My car will arrive in Petersburg tomorrow (09/25 @ 6:07AM). What trucking company was used to transport the vehicle from Petersburg to the dealer in Richmond? You said in a previous post "I had a hell of a time getting the car once it actually arrived in Petersburg". How long did it take?
It was more a time with the dealer saying that the car was going to be somewhere that it wasn't. I never found out the name of the trucking company that actually transported the car to the dealer, but it was a total of 3 days from the car arriving at the train yard until I was able to pick it up from the dealer... We also made like 4 trips to the dealer in 3 days :( Sorry I didn't response sooner, I was out of town this weekend. Hope you have your car by now.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
pglover19

Quote:
It was more a time with the dealer saying that the car was going to be somewhere that it wasn't. I never found out the name of the trucking company that actually transported the car to the dealer, but it was a total of 3 days from the car arriving at the train yard until I was able to pick it up from the dealer... We also made like 4 trips to the dealer in 3 days :( Sorry I didn't response sooner, I was out of town this weekend. Hope you have your car by now.
The car arrived at the dealer today (09/28 - Monday) for pickup today. I odered the car for my wife and she is out of town until Wednesday. I went by the dealer this afternoon to finalize the paperwork and they had finished prepping the car and it looks awesome. We plan to pick up the car on Thursday... She is extremely excited...
Old 09-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
xero755

Awesome. Hope that you have a great time with your new addition to the family.