Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #29
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
OP, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt you are not a troll and provide you the following guidance:

#1 - stickers are not considered an 'external mods', I'd go as far as saying even installing strips (as I did to mine) are not considered an 'external mod'. An external mod would be adding a body kit, adding a hood vent, adding a front splitter, adding/replacing a rear spoiler, etc.

#2 - (before you even get there) performance mods are anything that add HP and torque to the rear wheel. It doesn't include painting or adding stickers to you things under your hood. These are nice and are great if you plan on showing your vehicle, but they are only appearance enhancements ... not mods.

IMO and others, there is a big difference between 'mods' and appearance add ons/choices. My intent is not to belittle your post, but to educate. I am actually looking forward to what you do moving forward and following your progress....and maybe learning something along the way. Good Luck with your build
Old 08-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #30
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
This is a black mamba:

This is everybody who takes this thread seriously:

Last edited by Mr. Stacy; 08-26-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #31
Existential Lad
Banned

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (BLACK/GRND FX)
Okay guys, thanks for all the positive feedback. I may order a GoPro Hero 4 Silver just so I can document my next sticker placement, and power gains at a higher quality. Sticker should get here tomorrow. I hope. I'll keep you guys posted.<3
Existential Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 AM   #32
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Though I agree that the OP is trolling, I find it funny he is busted for stickers after all the non-performance enhancing so called mods that people get jacked up about on here. It's his car. If he is excited about a few damn decals, so be it. They're no worse than a fake carbon fiber bezel around the shifter or colored halos (not that there is anything wrong with that either)!
Here... here! Well said! To each their own...

Such as 6 catch cans plumbed in series. Never in parallel.

It took me until the 3rd post to realize this was going to be a funny tongue in cheek thread. What can I say, I'm gullible.

Now, however, it would seem some of the stick up the a$$ crowd really wants to debate performance gains on the subject of stickers. For god's sake get a pretend life like the rest of us so you too can [try] enjoy the fun discussions posted here. (lol...)

Last edited by jimlem; 08-27-2016 at 04:14 AM.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:04 AM   #33
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
This is a black mamba:

This is everybody who takes this thread seriously:

Dude, as usual I agree with very much of what you say. In this instance however, I must correct your label of photo 1 being a black mamba. It is in fact a very well-taken photo of my late mother-in-law (on one of her happier days). Please do keep up the good work and all your irreverence.

Last edited by jimlem; 08-27-2016 at 04:22 AM.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #34
Existential Lad
Banned

Sorry for not updating this build guys. My sticker is being delayed. It should have been here by now. I want to make a video of me applying the sticker on my Camaro and showing the difference it makes but I can't yet. My GOPRO arrived but not the sticker. Stay positive. Hopefully it arrives soon.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #35
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existential Lad View Post
Sorry for not updating this build guys. My sticker is being delayed. It should have been here by now. I want to make a video of me applying the sticker on my Camaro and showing the difference it makes but I can't yet. My GOPRO arrived but not the sticker. Stay positive. Hopefully it arrives soon.
If you would use amazon instead of ebay you would have had the sticker before you ordered it.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #36
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
If you would use amazon instead of ebay you would have had the sticker before you ordered it.
Yeah brah. You can just download them now or have a drone crash them into your crib.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #37
Existential Lad
Banned

Here's a short video of the improvements my window sticker made to my car.

Enjoy.

It's day and night really.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #38
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
Me gusta
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote