Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Interesting drive home today!

Hi all,

I'm sure this has happened to many other Z/28 owners, but it was a first for me. I was driving home after coffee today and a Toyota sedan pulls up beside me. I glanced over and the noticed the driver shooting photos of the passenger side of my car with his i-phone while driving. I actually had to accelerate away from him...he was almost straddling the lanes.

So I continued down the street and stopped a red light to make a right turn. I happened to look behind me and the same guy in the Toyota was still following me, now taking photos of the rear of my car. I made the right turn and he eventually got lost behind me in traffic.

I guess it just shows how much attention these cars generate. Every single time I drive it, I am enjoying it more.

JJ
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Hi all,

I'm sure this has happened to many other Z/28 owners, but it was a first for me. I was driving home after coffee today and a Toyota sedan pulls up beside me. I glanced over and the noticed the driver shooting photos of the passenger side of my car with his i-phone while driving. I actually had to accelerate away from him...he was almost straddling the lanes.

So I continued down the street and stopped a red light to make a right turn. I happened to look behind me and the same guy in the Toyota was still following me, now taking photos of the rear of my car. I made the right turn and he eventually got lost behind me in traffic.

I guess it just shows how much attention these cars generate. Every single time I drive it, I am enjoying it more.

JJ
That or doing research on the car before he steals it.
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
pimp2303

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/28
Had this happen to me here in Hawaii a couple times.
pimp2303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:01 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
lol, that's messed up.....but could be true in SoCal.

What part of SoCal where in you in when this happened? Just curious. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
LOL, like the movie Gone In 60 Seconds. Scoping it out, loading it to the database.

But no for real, the Camaro that doesn't look like the "norm" generates a lot of attention. I love it.
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #6
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson View Post
LOL, like the movie Gone In 60 Seconds. Scoping it out, loading it to the database.

But no for real, the Camaro that doesn't look like the "norm" generates a lot of attention. I love it.
I only say it because i have been seeing threads abouts cars being stolen in the bay area
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
This thread went from 0 to shit pretty quick. Way to go boneheads.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I only say it because i have been seeing threads abouts cars being stolen in the bay area
Two different subjects.

The bay area is ripe with stolen cars. I busted a guy in a parking lot driving through checking my ZL1 out. He was in an old beat up Gen 4 Camaro. I just happened to forget my glasses in the car, and walked back out. You don't need photos to steal the car. Have you had YOUR car stolen before? I had an Escalade stolen in a crowded parking lot in daylight as a matter of fact. To the original OP, I have glanced over while driving on the 210 freeway and noticed other drivers taking pics. I snapped one in Texas two years ago myself of a ZL1 on the highway.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #9
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
This thread went from 0 to shit pretty quick. Way to go boneheads.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #10
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
I never thought much about it being a prep for a theft...the guy had his wife/girlfriend with him in the passenger seat and, frankly, he looked like too much of dork to be able to formulate a theft.

Besides, I NEVER park my car where I cannot see it, I am always armed, and it sits locked in my garage at home during the work week.

I have had a lot of drivers give a thumbs up while in traffic...this photo thing was just a first for me. I'm just an older guy learning to live in the instant media world of today. My department is slowly implementing body cameras for patrol. I'll have to adjust to that...for sure!

Take care,

JJ
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #11
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Cool

Get used to the pictures! I've only had mine 2 months and the attention it receives far exceeds anything I've ever driven. Gen 1 Camaros, ZL1, etc. There's something inherently cool about this car...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28Dan View Post
Get used to the pictures! I've only had mine 2 months and the attention it receives far exceeds anything I've ever driven. Gen 1 Camaros, ZL1, etc. There's something inherently cool about this car...
Sweet squirrel of a /28 nectar monkey
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #13
MRBZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28
It happens all the time to me when I drive my Z/28,
I also have people try to race me down the freeway
I have had the car 1-1/2 years now and it still gets a lot of attention
MRBZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #14
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
I bought mine a few weeks back. I don't pay that much attention, but can't help but notice when people roll down the window and stick their hand out with their thumb up. I even had an elderly couple taking pics. Hell, I stopped by my local Chevrolet dealer (bought it elsewhere) yesterday and the service guys were swarming the car. This is in Dallas where there a fair number of cool cars on the road.
JUSTIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote