Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #43
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Sheesh guys, thanks for whorin' up my thread

Parts dept is checking on the Vortech supercharger and how it affects the Lifetime Warranty. Waiting on them to call me back.
i am pretty sure it voids your lifetime warranty but you get a 3 year 36k mile warranty on your supercharger...i know that for a fact.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #44
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Drives: 86 95 69 camaros 09 challenger
i caved, i bought one, but it was dumb cheap so i couldnt pass it up
Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #45
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Great deal indeed. The Challenger would have been my 2nd car choice, its got a mean look to it.

Dodge can throw whatever deals they want on me, 0% APR, $5000 off... but at the end of the day, I know what I want.. the Camaro.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #46
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Sheesh guys, thanks for whorin' up my thread

Parts dept is checking on the Vortech supercharger and how it affects the Lifetime Warranty. Waiting on them to call me back.
Lo Siento Amigo
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #47
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Speedy.....disregard all the noise man...just answer one question...why the hell is the Z06 out? It was the best of all choices mentioned

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #48
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodEwe View Post
Congrats.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #49
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
i am pretty sure it voids your lifetime warranty but you get a 3 year 36k mile warranty on your supercharger...i know that for a fact.
Parts dept tried to be helpful but said they didn't show any vortech supercharger for the R/T. He referred me to the sales manager who said "I don't think our salesman's facts were accurate, I'll have a talk with him."

I figured that was the case but thought I'd check it out just the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Speedy.....disregard all the noise man...just answer one question...why the hell is the Z06 out? It was the best of all choices mentioned
Well, like I've said....the Vette is more of an older guy's car. Just not my style. Where I'm from people who drive Corvettes are seen as older balding guys with tons of chest hair and gold necklaces. Also, I've always been more of a muscle car guy, and the Corvette doesn't really fall into that category.

The Challenger is a stupid good deal, but I'm still indecisive. At $33,394 it's about a grand UNDER INVOICE and I really liked the car when I test drove it, especially the interior layout and dash gauge color. It had cool little features that kind of caught my eye like LED illuminated interior door handles, illuminated cup holder, and push button start.

I dunno....such a tough decision.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #50
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodEwe View Post
How much was yours and what did you buy?

Old 02-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #51
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Congrats.
thank you
Old 02-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #52
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Quote:
How much was yours and what did you buy?
well by the time they did all the rebates and with 0% i payed 19. its just a se but for what i do, and were i drive its perfect. it still gets respect lol i love the car for what it is
Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #53
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Update....

Dealership seems pretty willing to deal. They've located a Hemi Orange R/T Challenger with all the "stuff" I wanted. They say they'll go get it and truck it down for me at no charge. I'm supposed to call them back tomorrow.

Lifetime bumper to bumper warranty can be had for $1500. $100 ded, and any authorized shop can perform the repairs, not just Dodge, meaning it's still good if Chrysler bites the dust. Not sure it's really worth it though since I'll be modding the car.

I've been reading up on the Challenger over on some forums to see if people have noticed any issues with the car and so far they've been very minor things like the driver's side window does auto down but not auto up...stuff like that, which is good. Nothing mechanical or anything. One person has put a twin screw SC on their 5.7L R/T and put down 467RWHP and 471 RWTQ. That's pretty impressive.

There are A LOT of guys over there really pissed off at Dodge. Apparently Dodge did something similar to GM with a "preorder" program. Several people ordered their cars over a year ago and still don't have them, and paid MSRP or OVER and now you can walk onto just about any dealer lot and get exactly what you want and drive home for $1000 under INVOICE.

I hope nothing like that happens with the people who preordered Camaros.

Finally, GM should really take a lesson from this if I end up buying a Challenger. I went in a month ago to put down a deposit on a Camaro 2SS/RS and couldn't find a local dealer who would accept my GSU discount. Because of that I started seriously considering the Challenger once EPP+ was announced.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #54
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Get the R/T and slap a SMS on it or one of the other systems and you'll be happy. If your gonna mod dont get the warranty. Waste of money imo.

The manufacturer is not gonna build all sold orders back to back and not have units on the dealer lots. That would be stupid, I can understand their frustration but that is the way its always been done. The problem has been with the shutdowns of the plant in Canada. They have been shutdown for quite some time during the 2009 year. Also, the 300 and the charger go down the same line and they are packed to the rafters with those. If you want to build challengers you also have to build the 300 and charger even though you are overstocked. If they could run the line and just make challengers then they would make alot of folks happy, but as far as I know they cant.

Trust me, GM will be doing the same thing with the camaro as far as sold orders are concerned. Theres gonna be sold orders along with stock orders being built together. And yea people will probably bitch but thats the way it goes.

Good luck on the chally. The hemi orange is the way orange should be, not the IOM that looks red from most angles.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote