Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #127
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
I thought that went fairly well. Seriously.
That 127 time was slow though. Lutz coulda done better.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #128
ChevyCobb

Drives: Corvette Z06
I think a lot of are you are forgetting that he doesn't hate only american cars, and a lot of it is done for entertainment...you know...being on TV to entertain.

Though a lot of these posts are amusing.
ChevyCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #129
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
are you really upset?

he just combined them all in to one thread for easy searching.. And put it on the home page...

Seems kinda cool to me...
Ditto.
Pretty good compliment, I'd say!

Oh... and the best line of the video: "I'd still take the Camaro... it has soul!" Which just goes to show you that... he gets it!!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #130
FifthGenRS/SS

Drives: 2010 camaro RS/SS
what a funny video they used a E63 in stead of a C63 because camaro would spank the shit out of the C63 lol the E63 is more like a CTS-V they just cant have an American car beat a Euro car it is like comparing a camaro aganst an M5 and not the M3 i have ran an M3 and beat it this video is
FifthGenRS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:06 AM   #131
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
What a strange way to compare similar cars, which are not similar in price and features. I'm sorry, but I didn't get the jokes. I still adore the camaro more
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #132
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
thats why they dont like it, the camaro handles so bad... the euros are all about track cars...it makes sense
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:17 AM   #133
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
So, they compared a Camaro to a Mercedes E63 AMG? I know when I go car shopping I always jump from the Chevy dealership straight to the 3-pointed star for some comparison shopping! WTF?! I have to say that I'm disappointed! I was hoping for something that made sense. And 127.9? Wow! I thought it would do better. Hammond didn't even say to many nice things about it.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 AM   #134
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I like taking two completely different cars and comparing them. I'm going to compare an Accord to a 2011 Shelby GT500 and take them around a road course and see who's better!

BTW, we all know which car looked waaaaaaaaaay better going down the track.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #135
Yoshi

Drives: Something I can just afford to run
If I am not mistaken but 'AMG' is the tuning house for Mercedes. How can you compare an out of the box American Muscle Car (the only muscle Car you can have) with a tuned up 4-door saloon. I am British through and through, but I'd say you can keep your German Ubersaloon. I'll have the only true muscle car thank you very much, in orange with the black stripes. For a fairer comparison let's see a tuned up Camaro up against the Merc. My bet will be on the Camaro.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #136
yuriicide
I'm a heavy smoker

Drives: Anything fast
I agree, the review was disappointing and kind of retarded I'll admit. The whole thing was about that damn Merc. No Euro car exhaust note can compare to Muscle
yuriicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:32 AM   #137
BRITCAM5

Drives: 2010 WHITE CAMARO 2SS/RS
Hi! I am a Brit and own a Camaro and it is definitely an awesome muscle car and way too much fun to drive!!! As for their comparison test which was pretty ridiculous and should be viewed as such as an AMG should be compared to a Hennessey or SLP performance car or the Z28 when it comes out! Bottomline who cares about an AMG E63 beating a stock Camaro. Let's put our new CamaroZ28 performance model against their performance model AMG E63 and then see what happens!Lol
BRITCAM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 AM   #138
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
thats like comparing a civic si to a GTR..what the **** do you expect. he said it himself..

its double the price. double the car...and also i hate that other guys attitude

like just str8 up hating on the car...all i got to say to him is F#% YOU!
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #139
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriicide View Post
I agree, the review was disappointing and kind of retarded I'll admit. The whole thing was about that damn Merc. No Euro car exhaust note can compare to Muscle
Aaaaa........."retarded", that's the word that I was looking for! Well said!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #140
Yoshi

Drives: Something I can just afford to run
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRITCAM5 View Post
Hi! I am a Brit and own a Camaro and it is definitely an awesome muscle car and way too much fun to drive!!! As for their comparison test which was pretty ridiculous and should be viewed as such as an AMG should be compared to a Hennessey or SLP performance car or the Z28 when it comes out! Bottomline who cares about an AMG E63 beating a stock Camaro. Let's put our new CamaroZ28 performance model against their performance model AMG E63 and then see what happens!Lol
Totally agree with you, apart from I don't own a Camaro (but is on my wish list, very envious of you). Totally two different cars with different people buying them. Besides I think the Merc is a ugly f***er.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote