Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
I got pulled over last night and the cop was a real ••••

perfessional and I got what I deserved. Doesn't matter what I did, he was right and I was in the wrong. I was polite and so was he.
He gave me the ticket and I said thank-you and he said have a nice day and please be careful when you pull back onto the road.
I left and will pay the fine. life will go on, the world won't end, the Earth still will rotate around the Sun and no Black holes swallowed the Universe.

I want to thank all the LEO's that make our roads safe.
Mark

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Should of met the cop that wrote me a ticket for "failure to yield right away" 4 days after my accident, I got hit so far back on my Camaro it should have been his fault especially since he sped up to beat the light after I was committed to the turn and all ready 1/4-1/2 of my car onto the road I was turning on, I got a lawyer for that ticket cause it's BS on the cops part, she had an attitude toward me as soon as she showed up to the scene and was yelling at people and writing other tickets to other drivers while doing my "accident report" aka her blaming me and saying it was my fault
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
perfessional and I got what I deserved. Doesn't matter what I did, he was right and I was in the wrong. I was polite and so was he.
He gave me the ticket and I said thank-you and he said have a nice day and please be careful when you pull back onto the road.
I left and will pay the fine. life will go on, the world won't end, the Earth still will rotate around the Sun and no Black holes swallowed the Universe.

I want to thank all the LEO's that make our roads safe.
Mark
C'mon bro', don't leave us suspense. Tell us what you did.

Did you kick a puppy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
Should of met the cop that wrote me a ticket for "failure to yield right away" 4 days after my accident, I got hit so far back on my Camaro it should have been his fault especially since he sped up to beat the light after I was committed to the turn and all ready 1/4-1/2 of my car onto the road I was turning on, I got a lawyer for that ticket cause it's BS on the cops part, she had an attitude toward me as soon as she showed up to the scene and was yelling at people and writing other tickets to other drivers while doing my "accident report" aka her blaming me and saying it was my fault
Sounds like she needed an attitude adjustment with the handcuffs and nightstick.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Ok, that sucks, but this is a thread about a "cool cop" and not about your experience.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Looking for brownie points with the camaro5 leos are we? LOL
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i don't think i would ever say thank you if i received a $200 ticket.thank you to me is not the appropriate words.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Not your typical "I got pulled over" thread... Kudos to you for accepting responsibility for your actions.
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i don't think i would ever say thank you if i received a $200 ticket.thank you to me is not the appropriate words.
AS long as you are nice and professional you would be surprised how often you get that response--lots of handshakes even one lady wanted a hug. Its just a job nothing personal.

To the OP thanks for not "bashing" by your title I was ready to hit the "report button" in about light speed.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #11
SILVERHAWK

Quote:

What can I say. You are doing the proper thing. Take it to Court and see what happens. I can say this---if you were making a left turn across traffic or controlled by a traffic control device--- good luck Sorry, sir but my money is on the cops decision and thats not because I am one. We cite for traffic violations thats all, the insurance companies assess who is at fault and to what degree. If you were in the business you would be surprised even in the most obvious cases degrees of liability are spread out to each party.
I'm guessing you've never had a "bad day" at the plant? unless you have been in our shoes hold your judgements about our actions until you do. Just sayin'. Sorry if she wasn't all peaches and cream. To be honest I hate handling accidents with a passion except when it involves a drunk driver I guess-- (could have hit someone I love.) Everyones cars are wrecked and then by policy I have to issue a citation if someone committed a traffic violation-- I know it sux but its the job.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
What can I say. You are doing the proper thing. Take it to Court and see what happens. I can say this---if you were making a left turn across traffic or controlled by a traffic control device--- good luck Sorry, sir but my money is on the cops decision and thats not because I am one. We cite for traffic violations thats all, the insurance companies assess who is at fault and to what degree. If you were in the business you would be surprised even in the most obvious cases degrees of liability are spread out to each party.
I'm guessing you've never had a "bad day" at the plant? unless you have been in our shoes hold your judgements about our actions until you do. Just sayin'. Sorry if she wasn't all peaches and cream. To be honest I hate handling accidents with a passion except when it involves a drunk driver I guess-- (could have hit someone I love.) Everyones cars are wrecked and then by policy I have to issue a citation if someone committed a traffic violation-- I know it sux but its the job.
Wrong my insurance deemed me at fault cause she wrote me a citation... So it's not the insurance who decides fault really it's who the cop sides with, I will gladly take it to court which I am cause SHE the cop subpoenaed me to court for the citation, I got a lawyer in my stay because I'm not able to go

Also bad days at the plant are a regular thing we work 10+ hours a day and bak down 2-3 times a week

But let's not hijack the thread
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Wrong my insurance deemed me at fault cause she wrote me a citation... So it's not the insurance who decides fault really it's who the cop sides with, I will gladly take it to court which I am cause SHE the cop subpoenaed me to court for the citation, I got a lawyer in my stay because I'm not able to go

Also bad days at the plant are a regular thing we work 10+ hours a day and bak down 2-3 times a week

But let's not hijack the thread

You have to take it to Court and based on the decision you can argue with the insurance company over who is at fault. If your insurance company has already made their decision then its obvious to them what happened. It sucks, I know, but if you have the liability of crossing traffic I am sure your state statute states not until it is safe to make such a movement. Its not the cops fault its the law makers. I deal with this all the time.
Well I work 12's so I know where you are coming from. Our job isn't full of sunny days either and many of my brothers and sisters are getting laid off too. Fair enough about the hijack
Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #14
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
glad to hear you take responsibility for your actions. The way i figure, if i'm speeding and get pulled over and written up, then i have no one to blame but myself. the officer is just doing his/her job. Most LEO are pretty cool as long as you are too

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote