Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Samantha – Legend’s Camaro SS

Well...where to start? Hmmm?

I guess at the beginning huh? Seems like a logical place…Never owned a Camaro before my 2010 Camaro SS/RS…always loved them, always wanted one but between money and practicality, just didn’t seem possible or feasible! With a family to care for and our income, wasn’t anything more than a dream or a thought.

We all grow older, wiser and hopefully a little better off and when you wait, good things can happen. That’s my story at least and I’m thankful for what I have and been able to have...from my wonderful wife and children to where I am in my life with every day things...work, play, friends, everything! Truly I am blessed and as happy as one could be!!

I respect those who can afford cars like this and those who want them as well…for me, I have been in both places. I finally was in a position to get a Camaro this past fall and on 31 October, I officially place my order! I went through the normal what color, what interior and what options that everyone has! I knew it would be an SS, I knew it would be a M6 but wasn’t sure on color and stuff. I started off with RJT and beige interior with white rally stripes. Changed to VR with black interior and silver rally stripes (actually changed the color in workbench) and then I went with SIM, black leather and black rally stripes…the Camaro SS I have today! RS package too as I think the halos are awesome!

Car was built on 11 Apr 09 and delivered to Tom Benson Chevrolet in San Antonio on 27 Apr 09. It took a couple days to get stripes installed and to…”work out” pricing even though I had a deal in writing...in the end I got what I wanted! Took delivery on 29 Apr 09!

From that day to today I’ve done what others have been doing really…driving, enjoying, talking, showing, and sharing my story. I’ve ran down the quarter mile about 10 times already pulling a 13.8 for my best time and I’ve sat at our local hang out Friday after Friday meeting and talking to good folks. I’ve done the muffler delete to get some sound in those pipes and I’ve taken a couple road trips and pulled 25 mpg! I drive her to work daily and find that lone parking spot in the corner and as I walk away, turn around to stare for one last time before leaving her for the day.

Yesterday I turned and stared also but I won’t be seeing her again for some time. Why you ask? I left Saturday morning from San Antonio Texas and headed to Murrieta California…1362 miles and I took RKSport up on their offer to use my Camaro SS as their SEMA car for 2009. They have 12 weeks before SEMA starts and needed the car for this time to prepare her for the show. I’ve seen the plans and they will need every day possible! It’s truly going to be an awesome Camaro SS and will stand out as a beautiful car at SEMA!

So this is my journal…my story and my journey from an everyday guy, a “car nut” really, buying a Camaro SS as his daily driver and then being selected by RKSport to represent them at SEMA in 2009!

The guys at RKSport are awesome…from Sean who was so gracious to allow me to stay at his house for two nights and be a perfect host to Mike who walked me through the process of what will happen to my car. Both these guys are “good folks”! You just know when you meet real good people and both of them are as well as Mike’s wife Julie. Even their son Ryan was a gentleman! Thanks to both you guys for being honest, hard working folks who stand in front of your product…you don’t find that every day! Bob (Mr. RK himself) was there and talked at length with me and showed me what a great company they are and took great care of me while in California…from great tasting dinners to a day on the lake just hanging out and having a beer or two! Elisio is the designer and he already started to work on the car before I left on Tuesday! He’s got a great vision and talent to match so I know the end result will be something special!

To everyone at RKSport…thank you for allowing me to represent your company and allowing my beautiful Camaro SS to be your “front gal” at SEMA 2009!

Samantha is going to 'Vegas!

More to come as we progress towards the end result….to be continued!

First pic I have...sitting at the dealer!
Attached Images

Last edited by Legend; 08-05-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Legend
Hello!

Couple pics of my drive out to Cali...yeah, only a couple because the drive from San Antonio to Cali is pretty much this the entire way...IH10 is a very, very, very long drive and the view pretty much stays this way....so just imagine this is west Texas, N. Mexico and Arizona...you'll be fine!
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Legend
Hello!

...and finally a pic of Samantha up on jack stands getting the transformation....
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Looks like a body kit, Keep us posted of the progress if you can.I'm sure its top secret LOL.You will make us all jealous.
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Legend
Hello!

Here is today's pic...working on a front lip for the car.

(the blue tape is from my drive out to Cali...didn't want to hurt the front with rocks and such so I put painters tape on the front of the car and mirrors...worked great!!)
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Sweet hook up
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
80mph speed limit....love that! You're kidding about the blue tape right? lol
Old 08-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
Legend
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMtothecore View Post
80mph speed limit....love that! You're kidding about the blue tape right? lol
Yep 80...cruise set to 85 and XM worked all the way!! Uh no...the blue tape worked!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Legend
Hello!

No updated pics for the last few days...the front lip, rear diffuser and sides are almost done though...as well as a rear window roof spoiler.

I posted about the carbon fiber hood in another thread too...it should be test fitted to my Camaro early this week. There are several different hoods being made...mine will be different than the OEM CF one...but I'll see about getting pics with it on my car.

Hopefully once a few things are done I can post pics...I know I'm enjoying seeing the progress and once finished, I think everyone will like it!

Stay tuned...
Old 08-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM
SIM... Good choice

1100, Preliminary order accepted May 26
2000, Order accepted by GM Sept 3
3000, Order accepted by production control Sept 12
3300, Order scheduled for production TPW 9/28
3400, Order broadcast Sept 25
3800, Order produced Oct 2
4200, Shipped Oct 2
5000, Delivered to the dealer Oct 20
6000, Delivered to the owner Oct 20
Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Couple pics of my drive out to Cali...yeah, only a couple because the drive from San Antonio to Cali is pretty much this the entire way...IH10 is a very, very, very long drive and the view pretty much stays this way....so just imagine this is west Texas, N. Mexico and Arizona...you'll be fine!

I remember THAT drive. I did that drive from SA to CALI 4 times. The best part?......All you have to do is stay on IH-10W and it takes you straight to PCH and the ocean. I'd do that drive and then hook it straight NB on PCH up through Malibu and up through Canan Dr to the 101....or was it the 401....hrm....but up to Thousand Oaks to visit my dad.

Man, oh man....I loved those drives. Gives ya time to clear your head, ya know.

Remember fraggle rock?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #12
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
Wow... I didn't you know you had this in the works... Can't wait to see it at biff's! Lucky!
Performance: ARH 2"/"3 headers + ARH 3" HF catback system, SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF 600 fluid, K&N CAI (w/custom insulation), plug wires, air scoop, Hurst STS, Pedders Track II suspension, 18x10 wheels, 295/45/18 Nitto NT05s
Looks: powder coated iom calipers, LED foglights w/ always on harness, custom painted bowties, window tint, smoke tinted tail lights etc, oem gfx w/ custom outlets, painted taillight bezels, all weather trunk mat
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #13
Legend
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

I remember THAT drive. I did that drive from SA to CALI 4 times. The best part?......All you have to do is stay on IH-10W and it takes you straight to PCH and the ocean. I'd do that drive and then hook it straight NB on PCH up through Malibu and up through Canan Dr to the 101....or was it the 401....hrm....but up to Thousand Oaks to visit my dad.

Man, oh man....I loved those drives. Gives ya time to clear your head, ya know.

Remember fraggle rock?
I do remember Fraggle Rock...and yes, that drive allows a lot of thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
Wow... I didn't you know you had this in the works... Can't wait to see it at biff's! Lucky!
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #14
Legend
Hello!

Well...an update would be nice I guess huh?

The car is progressing good...the body parts are getting finished up and in early Sept the performance side should start to take shape as well...

...No pics as RKSport is keeping most of this under wraps for now but as they finish things I will be able to post pics.

I've seen it each day for the most part and have many pics...looks awesome and the more I see it the more I can't wait to actually see and drive her again!!

Keep following along...I'll have updates soon!