Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
SSchase

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Did you guys notice any change in mpg? I do a TON of miles on the Interstates and even though I know mpg is not the reason we drive these cars it is nice to be getting 23-24mpg on the highway and don't want to be loosing any of that.
i didnt lose any mpg on the highway. if your easy on the gas even with the intake your not gonna lose much from what ive noticed on mine. i got 22mpg on highway before the intake and i still get 22mpg with the intake.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #16
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Update... Well i just noticed that my gas milage has dropped even more...stock intake i got 16.9 mpg...now with the Roto Fab im getting 14.6. With the same driving habits/conditions/foot...I guess more air equals more gas.

How about you guys runnen these "Roto Fab"???
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
With all other things being equal, we typically see an increase in fuel mileage with our systems. Although the Camaro hasn't been on the road long, we have an enormous amount of feedback from the G8 crowd. Roto-fab users generallly report + 2 to3 MPG with automatics (the intake works well with DOD) and appr. a 1 1/2 MPG increase with the stick cars.
The most common thing we do hear from customers concerning reduction in MPG is they tend to put their foot in it more because they like the sound!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
when i get one it will be a rotofab
Glad to hear it! In addition to great performance and sound, you can choose from a variety of appearance options. I see there are several very nice pics on this thread. Here are a few more.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Where can I order one of these engine covers?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #20
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
roto-fab, i currently own your cai intake and love it. In the future i plan on purchasing the edelbrock e-force supercharger kit and was wondering if you will be making a new intake tube that will bolt up to this system so i can continue to use your cai.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #21
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Where can I order one of these engine covers?
A lot of vendors have them, I carry them. If you are interested you can send me a PM and I will see what we can work out for you.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
With all other things being equal, we typically see an increase in fuel mileage with our systems. Although the Camaro hasn't been on the road long, we have an enormous amount of feedback from the G8 crowd. Roto-fab users generallly report + 2 to3 MPG with automatics (the intake works well with DOD) and appr. a 1 1/2 MPG increase with the stick cars.
The most common thing we do hear from customers concerning reduction in MPG is they tend to put their foot in it more because they like the sound!
I drive the same streets daily..

Before install my Average MPG guage was reset on a full tank. Well with my stock intake i got 16.9 Average MPG and i drove it hard sometimes and normall other times.

Then after installing the Roto-Fab i drove it the same as stated above and my Average MPG was at 14.6..... Average MPG guage was reset at this point also. I thought maybe my foot just got heavier thats all.

So on my last fill-up i reset guage once again and DROVE THE CAR LIKE A SNAIL..Maybe only got on it a couple of times for a couple of seconds while entering freeways and my Average MPG went up to 15.3.

So when i hear now these intakes give you better MPG..NO i just dont believe it.

Sorry guys.. These are not G8 they are Camaros....Still am satisfied with your product...Just keepen it real.
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote