Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #43
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
^ Speak for yourself. I think GM did an excellent job building this car. And giving an unprecedented amount of information to the public while the car was still in the design phase has been pretty cool.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #44
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Not only does the interior look bad, they tried to copy Mercades Gauges, this is why youll never see me drive a Hyundai, all they do is copy other cars. I woulkdnt be surprised if they made a mustang look-a-like and called it the Hyundai Stallion
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Now, don't get me wrong here. I'm not telling everyone to rush out and buy a Hyundai. But the amount of prejudice in your statement is almost laughable. Ever owned one? Or are you just assuming all of this? I have a 2001 Sonata, I-4. I hate it. It's ugly. It smells bad (mostly because I don't shower before I leave the gym). It's slow as balls. It handles like a hovercraft. I actually had a girl, with whom I thought I was making some serious headway, spit in my face, knee me in the balls, push me to the ground and fart on my face after telling her what I drove.

But it's got 99,984 miles on it (should hit the big 100k sometime in the next month - I ride my bike everywhere). I change the oil about every 8,000 miles. It's gone through one timing belt since its inception. Never had to replace the brake pads. I've gone through one CV axle about 2 years ago, and noticed last week the other one was popping when I turned.

That's. It.

100k miles, 1 timing belt, 2 CV axles. Never had an electrical problem. I've even replaced the stock head unit with a pioneer CD player and all 4 speakers. Gets about 29 mpg on the highway, 22 in town.

Is it cool? Hell no. Is it fast? Yeah right. Does it score me chicks? I'd have better luck telling girls I was gay. But it has been more reliable than just about any other car I, or anyone in my entire family, has owned. When I get my Camaro next year, I'm going to keep my Sonata for my DD and play with my SS.

Seriously, you sound like a BMW owner hating on American cars. I guess some of us just don't let our pretentiousness get in the way of keeping our minds open and knowing a good deal when we see one.
Quoted for awesome.

You can't beat a satisfied testimonial from someone who hates the car and hasn't taken care of it well. I test-drove a Sonata somewhen around 2001 or so and loved it, I didn't have any of the dislikes you had about it but I was still unconvinced about its longevity.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #46
StangKiller818

Drives: pontiac g5 gt
aww this car would be a fun car to race. good find
StangKiller818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #47
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
What I want is a Camaro - and not a single one can be seen or touched at a dealer in Iowa. Not One. My dad was just in Southern California. Stopped at EVERY Chevrolet dealer he saw to ask about the Camaro...not one store had one, or information on it. In fact on two occasions at seperate dealers he was told that customers have stopped asking about the Camaro completely. These customers are tired of waiting and reading about the cars in the press and NOT being able to touch and drive one themselves. This is only HELPING the sales of the other cars. How many Camaro5 members have we 'lost' to the Challenger this year already??? :upset:

For me, this huge push in the press showing the great features of the Camaro and the great mileage should have WAITED until the dealers at least HAD CARS to show and get people in - this would have translated to orders if the car is as good as it is being touted. Now all GM is getting is a bunch of people running to the dealers to see the car they just read about and finding an Aveo 5 in the showroom.

OH! And in dad's entire trip the ONLY information he saw on the new Camaro was at a Rental Car stand - a big picture of the Camaro and a tag line stating they will be available for rent Spring of '09!
Waiting stinks but building cars takes time so there are two options:
1 - Don't send a few Camaros out for the car mags nobody knows if its worth the wait.
2 - Send out a few Camaros for the car mags and people find out yes it is worth the wait.

Your choice of number one loses GM sales and money. Having said that, clueless car salesmen are the bane of all manufacturers and I'm sure GM is working to change this but the franchise business model limits their control of this particular problem.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #48
terndude

Drives: '88FieroGT'04ColoradoZ71'10CamaroLS
Website was pretty slick, but I'm not fond of the looks...or the interior. What's up with those droopy rear windows?
terndude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #49
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Interior looks like an Rx8 barfed on a Celica...

This is not a car like the v6 Camaro.

Unless you want a "filler car". One that chix ignore as they are in front or behind your Camaro...

And my biggest peeve of all...... FRIGGIN brake lever on drivers leg side...

How stupid are these people? If your from Nagitia prefecture and your 5 foot 1 inches this might be ok... but if you want to pay 30 grand to have something rubbing your leg. Might as well buy a Ford Pinto...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #50
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Ya know whats hilarious if you guys need a Camaro or any car for that matter for "Chicks" the least of your problems is what car you drive
Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #51
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ya know whats hilarious if you guys need a Camaro or any car for that matter for "Chicks" the least of your problems is what car you drive
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #52
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Or the opposite is true. If your worried about the Chickas and your ride then the rest of your life is in order.

Like I said we are on a rock next to a star that's orbiting a supermassive black hole. Which the star will burn up the planet like a cheap cigar.

Enjoy your ride... so long as it's not a Hundai, Mustang, Challenger or a Nissan / Toyota / Mazda.

Chevy.... The Heartbeat Of America...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #53
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Unless you want a "filler car". One that chix ignore as they are in front or behind your Camaro...

And my biggest peeve of all...... FRIGGIN brake lever on drivers leg side...
I'm married and have no interest in attracting women. The last thing I want is to make my wife feel insecure because women are attracted to my car.

The Camaro's handbrake looks like it's so far away from the driver that it would be unpleasant to use. However, if the Genesis's handbrake is sticking my leg I'll never be able to sit in it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Enjoy your ride... so long as it's not a Hundai, Mustang, Challenger or a Nissan / Toyota / Mazda.
People stuck with those mostly undesirable cars should not try to enjoy them anyway? Also, you forgot Honda.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #54
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I'm married and have no interest in attracting women. The last thing I want is to make my wife feel insecure because women are attracted to my car.

The Camaro's handbrake looks like it's so far away from the driver that it would be unpleasant to use. However, if the Genesis's handbrake is sticking my leg I'll never be able to sit in it at all.
The genesis handbrake never touched my leg in my test drive.

Quote:

People stuck with those mostly undesirable cars should not try to enjoy them anyway? Also, you forgot Honda.
I agree. There are a lot of people on this forum that need to be way more open to other cars... There is a lot of good cars out there, Learn to enjoy it. Its OK to like more than one car.

I Love Porsche's and Audi's, I also love the new camaro. Heck show me anything that I can get in and drive fast and I'll tell you why I like it.

Try to enjoy life a little more guys, Enough with the hate.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #55
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Also let me make note.

I hate honda's and I cant see myself driving one. Why? Everyone has them and they are played out.

But I love how much aftermarket there is available, how many of the boy racers learn how to drive fast with them, How easy it is to make fun and enjoyable on the track, how reliable they are. Im jealous of how fast and HP/liter they can make for the cash compared to my cars. They definitely have an audience (Just like this Hyundai) but I happen to not be one of those in that audience.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #56
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Should have gotten the 4cyl turbo track and saved some cash. It's the same basic motor as the Mitsubushi Evo and will have a MUCH larger aftermarket...

Not bad cars for a Hyundai and it's RWD!
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote