Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: How long do you plan on keeping your Camaro?
1-3 years 14 6.25%
4-6 years 30 13.39%
7-10 years 23 10.27%
More than 10 years 45 20.09%
Forever! 112 50.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #15
The Boat
His seafaringness

Drives: yugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
With my budget, it looks like I'm going to have to finance for about 60 months (5 years). I REALLY want this car, and I think it will be good because it will be paid off by the time I graduate college and I could always sell it then.

But my Dad says that I will get tired of this car, and that it's not worth getting at all.

So for those of you who are financing, or even just buying the car in general, do you worry that you will get tired of your Camaro? How long do you plan on keeping it?

EDIT: By the way, I don't know why I voted 4-6 years on the poll. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this car.
is it v6 or ss camaro? If you have ls3 you won't get tired ever. I've never gotten tired of v8 muscle cars. It really isn't possible
The Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #16
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
If you start seeing Camaro's like you see Mustangs......................
I think that would be a good thing for GM..........................................
Old 03-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boat View Post
is it v6 or ss camaro? If you have ls3 you won't get tired ever. I've never gotten tired of v8 muscle cars. It really isn't possible
I'm getting the V6. :(
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I will never willingly let go of my Camaro once I have taken delivery. Nothing short of the Hand of God will ever be able to take it away from me.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
The Boat
His seafaringness

Quote:
o....hmmm you might get tired of it then. I would just buy a crappy used car and then get a v8 when you are in a better financial situation. However... know that that you will be buying the best factory v6 pony car ever...
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
The Boat
His seafaringness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I will never willingly let go of my Camaro once I have taken delivery. Nothing short of the Hand of God will ever be able to take it away from me.
Or the right foot of a crazy drunk driver...
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
That may be something you want to change.........one thing I learned over the years is, if you cannot get the upper model, buy a different car. That is if you are the type to hang out with car clubs, otherwise you will be fine. Car lubs have a way of making you feel like you need more.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #22
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
I dunno, I have had several cars I thought would be my "last" car, however I get bored with them ALL. I am 23 and have owned 10 vehicles.. so that gives you an idea of how often I sell a car and get a different one (although I ussually in the past had 2 at a time, being one was always a winter car when I lived back in MN)

Point is, for me, even if I love a car, if it has V8, and is everything I ever wanted, I still get tired of it, so I Mod it, however the thrill of getting a "different" car is something that I love. Getting something different just keeps things exciting, so there is no way I could ever finance on a car, because I just can't keep a car more than a year or two before I want to get something different. Hence why I only buy used, why I pay cash for all of mine, and can enjoy them while I own it, then sell it when I want..

Example, I loved my '99 Trans Am, my 94 Z28, and my 96 Z28, ALL very similar cars, however I just decided I wanted something different, even if it was a similar car. Now I am looking into 04-06 GTO's being they are cheap, and I have wanted one for the past few years. I figure I will get one for a second car to enjoy, and in a year I will be ready for something else, which the 2010 Camaro's will be used then so I can pick one of them up!

Some people don't get tired of a car, some people do, so it all depends on who you are.

If you don't get tired of a car and plan to keep it a long time then go ahead and buy a new car etc.. but for someone like me who only owns a car for a year or two, buying a car that has already depreciated is the best bet, that way after you drive it for a year and re-sell it you don't loose much, if any on it and you can move on to the next thing you want...heck it could just be another Camaro with different options/color etc.. either way it's a different car and exciting, and I love that feeling haha!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
The Boat
His seafaringness

10 cars... shit!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Or the right foot of a crazy drunk driver...
I would consider that the hand of God. If he sees fit to take away my car by way of drunk driver, then it's not meant to be. And I will be one sad SOB because of it. :(
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #25
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I voted forever... BUT knowing me... I buy a new vehicle every two years... If I do get rid of it, it will only be to replace it with a newer CAMARO or a Corvette! LOL.

But I really would like to keep it till the day I am taken from this earth in what ever form.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #26
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
Quote:
10 cars... shit!!!
Haha, I know.. Im addicted!

You think that is bad.. my dad between the age of 16 and late 20's had 26 cars!

I think it run's in the family, lol.. which is why back when I was in highschool/early college my mom would just roll her eyes, whereas my dad was just excited to take another road trip ussually out of state to go and help me trailer home my next car.

Father-Son-Bonding we told my Mom, lol

Thing is though, you definately can't be loosing money on every car to be able to keep getting different ones, which is why I buy used. I spent a lot of time finding "perfect" mint condition cars for amazing prices, even having to drive 500+ miles to get them. However most of the time I was able to resell them for the same or more than I originally paid (minus the cost of maintenance, modding etc.. of course), and the ones I didn't I ussually only lost very little money on them.. that's the beauty of finding the right deals on cars that have already depreciated!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #27
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
There are a lot of good cars out there, and I'd like my chance at owning a lot of them.

I figure about 6 years or so. Depending on how long my loan is. I've had my Audi for 2 and im just racking up the miles like nobody's buisness, and I only have a 3 mile commute..
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #28
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i tend to keep vehicles til they're no longer usable, and this is a car i've wanted for a long time, so i imagine having it til it dies (then rebuilding it)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote