Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #113
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
Awesome. I want the headers. Wish GM would have made them an option.
Yeah, well, thank god for the aftermarket.

And trust the Australians to turn anything (V6, V8 - who cares!) into a hot rod. They have long tubes as well, but I'm still trying to decide if I should risk the legal ramifications if Oklahoma brings back emissions testing. And, I'm not sure if they will clearance. It seems a certainty that the shorties will fit.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #114
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
man we have to have a thread with the mods and were to et them
Old 03-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #115
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
man we have to have a thread with the mods and were to et them
I already made a thread on the headers, along with links to a place to buy them.

It can be found here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11318
- Xanthos

Old 03-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #116
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Yeah, well, thank god for the aftermarket.

And trust the Australians to turn anything (V6, V8 - who cares!) into a hot rod. They have long tubes as well, but I'm still trying to decide if I should risk the legal ramifications if Oklahoma brings back emissions testing. And, I'm not sure if they will clearance. It seems a certainty that the shorties will fit.
- Xanthos
O. Where I live there are emissions testing. So the headers could possibly effect my emission test?

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #117
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
O. Where I live there are emissions testing. So the headers could possibly effect my emission test?
Most places with emissions testing its illegal to change the location of the cats. Meaning long tubes are out, but shorties are not. Neither should have an effect on the actual test results though.
- Xanthos

Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #118
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
xanthos- as far as the long tubes fitting? Did you see that thread over in pics showing the clearance for the LS3? The LLT's a 60 degree engine, right? even with the DOHC heads, you'd think that if there's room in the v8 car that they'd fit in the six as well. thoughts?
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #119
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierodeletre View Post
xanthos- as far as the long tubes fitting? Did you see that thread over in pics showing the clearance for the LS3? The LLT's a 60 degree engine, right? even with the DOHC heads, you'd think that if there's room in the v8 car that they'd fit in the six as well. thoughts?
I'm just worried about things like the steering assembly and some of the crossmember's and stuff like that. Usually they bend the LT to clear the steering assembly, for example, but the commodore has it on the opposite side of the camaro. Its kind of a tossup until we can actually get one up under a car.
- Xanthos

Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #120
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Man, every time I read this thread I convince myself that a V6 with mods would be perfect for me. Then I remember I live in the Communist Republic of California where pretty much any mod, even if you still pass smog, can easily get you pulled over, fined, and possibly impounded for street racing (even if you weren't doing anything like street racing. A simple mod is enough to get you charged for that) so I guess it is to the V8 I go. How backwards is that logic?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #121
StangKiller818

Drives: pontiac g5 gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Man, every time I read this thread I convince myself that a V6 with mods would be perfect for me. Then I remember I live in the Communist Republic of California where pretty much any mod, even if you still pass smog, can easily get you pulled over, fined, and possibly impounded for street racing (even if you weren't doing anything like street racing. A simple mod is enough to get you charged for that) so I guess it is to the V8 I go. How backwards is that logic?
i live in cali to bro and im in the car world. i go to alot of car meets. imports and american cars. the cops mainly go for imports. most cops are muscle guys anyway. if you get caught street racing then thats your problem. but for haveing a mean sounding camaro they will not pull you over for that. for the smog just find someone that will take an extra 100 or 2 and call it the day
StangKiller818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #122
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
Will any of these additions decrease my gas mileage?
With all due respect if your worried about that then don't mod it just maintain it in good condition. Modding may or may not void portions of your warranty.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #123
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Dont think that..

You just have to be smart with your mods.

An exhaust will make it sound like a v8. Tell them its factory sport exhaust if they question you. If they question the intake, tell them as well it was a factory option. Im sure these mods will be CARB legal. Continue with CARB legal headers if need be, and then a tune is not traceable.

And away you go. Perfectly legal, Dont tint your front windows, and if you can stand it, put the front license plate on. Bam, no cops for you unless your driving is suspect.

Do you want me to list the mods I have on my audi? Lets just say stock HP is 155 and I have 320 on 91 octane (no meth). Open my hood and it looks stock. However I dont have my front license plate on, and my tint is a little dark (I have skin cancer in my genes, red hair and blue eyes, if CA legalized tint from a doctors note I'd have it.)
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #124
Camaro92

Drives: 2002 Camaro, 2004 Corvette
If you add a full exhaust system for around $1,250 would boost about 50hp... so thats really high along with a few other hp boosters it would be a V8 but you might as well buy the V8
-black rims
-red brake calipers
-red and black two-tone interior
-tinted windows
-full exhaust system
-header
-pulleys

all of this =

My bad ass senior car
Camaro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #125
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
look at sig
Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #126
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
look at sig
Yeah, I agree..who WOULDN'T like hot ones with big hooters who wear a thin white tank top and no bra for 8 hours inside a very hot plant?
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote