Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 04-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #43
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
In an effort Not to JACK another thread on racing, I decided to start a new thread to ask…
This might be too sensitive to talk about and I will understand if you don’t reply.

Has anyone PERSONALLY had their Warranty voided because they got "caught" at the drag strip?
(I am not meaning you know a guy who knew a dude who's second cousin got nailed… I mean you personally.)
I am also not talking about using it as a bracket racer.

I just can't imagine getting my Camaro warranty pulled because I went to a fun-n-grudge night to see how quick my MUSCLE CAR (with Launch Control) really was.
Wouldn’t voiding warranties promote street racing?

For the record - I am not going to go to the track or street race. In fact, my accelerator will probably never meet the carpet.

Thanks all!
TAKE OFF YOUR DAMNED PLATES AND YOU WONT HAVE PROBLEMS
CLEAN THE RUBBER OFF THE CAR!!!
AND DONT GO TO THE STRIP EVERY OTHER DAYYYY!!!!!

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #44
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
i'm just wondering y your asking this question if your not gonna race it????

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #45
2Fast4you

Drives: 1956 Chevy BelAir NoPost 2dr
My Brother in Law's car was refuesed at a dealership because he had the drag ticket in the front seat. but he took it to a PBG dealership and they fixed it no problems.
2Fast4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #46
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I have been to several dealers with my modded 99SS when it was under warranty and most all were cool. I went in once with headers NO CATS and catback--to have a leaky stock pinion seal replaced and they didn't say a word about the mods 'unrelated to the problem.' I broke my stock rear under warranty (cam/exhaust/ torque converter) and it was like they wanted to replace the thing but couldn't because i had put on an aftermarket rear cover. :/ They were lamenting the weakness of those rears and actually recommended I put in an aftermarket 12bolt, which I did, although a little sooner than planned.

I had a 93 V6 that broke the transmission all of a sudden (the drum broke with big helical crack all around it). I was at a dealer out of town. That car was bone stock and the tech told me "we were looking for signs of abuse until we saw that it was V6." (160hp 3.4 L blah!) Free tranny, no problems.

Know your dealer. Take responsiblity for the things you do change and remember you always pay to play. Don't put a cam in if you can't afford a new motor, etc.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #47
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
There was a c5 vette owner who had his revoked due to drag racing. It was on vette forum maybe 5 yrs ago
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #48
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
...That car was bone stock and the tech told me "we were looking for signs of abuse until we saw that it was V6." (160hp 3.4 L blah!) Free tranny, no problems...
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #49
Carlos Garza

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post
My friend had is MARRIAGE voided because he got "caught" with a guy in drag...that count?
Carlos Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #50
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Dodge has lifetime power train warranties on all their cars except the SRT versions. Those get the standard 36K warranty.

Having just bought a Challenger, this is a bigger issue as the RT I purchased has a lifetime powertrain warranty. However, if you sneeze on the car it gets voided it seems.

Several guys on the Challenger forum have seen reps go around local tracks writing down vin numbers of cars participating in events. This voids the warranty. Also, one guy stated that the forums are also monitored and that when he had some work done on his car they knew his screen name at the service center. They got this from his online forum posts and matched it to the Challenger Registry on that site.

You guys already know GM keeps an eye on this forum. If you start putting headers, etc on your Camaros and make posts about them, GM may try to deny your warranty based on posts you've made on this very site.

It's 2009 folks. Big Brother is everywhere. My advice is to be really careful about what info is in your profile online.
if i catch anybody writing down my v.i.n. or plates they are gonna be in trouble and definitely won't have their paper and pen, or phone whatever they put it on will be completely deleted hehe
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #51
rick

Drives: 550 HP avalanche 2500
only if you break parts due to miss use and you can't drag it to the corner
a friend of mine took his wifes mazda P5 and decided to go to the track well I made it to the end and he was still at the start line. I got back and found that he dropped the clutch at 5500 and cracked his trans housing well that was a little dificult to explain to the dealership. so the dealership split the cost he paid for the tranny and they covered all other exspenses. he never took the car back to the track and he got busted by the wife. I didn't even hear the end of it for a wiol IT WAS ALL MY FAULT FOR TALKING HIM INTO GOING TO THE TRACK.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #52
Young Gun

Drives: 2002 Chevy Avalanche
its your car to do with as you please.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #53
DET MUSL
Let's Go Wings!

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRIDES1 View Post
Anyone have a new GM product and rec. updates on the internet and mail via Onstar ?? GM knows when to change your oil...Well, Big Brother knows when rev. limiters, high rpms, 130 mph, etc happen to your new GM vehicle....Many GM dealerships have blocked VIN's that have been warranty issues in the past...So you cannot go all over town to find a Chevy dealer who will fix your blown motor...I agree with many of the previous comments above...You wanna play....you will pay...If you want to race...go buy a past Gen and wait for your warranty to run out on your new Car..I was a rep for GM for 27 years. I would let alot of non warranty issues get paid...to retain a loyal owner. I would also have a favorite saying " GM does not warranty stupidity "
Hmmm all the more reason not to renew Onstar when the "free trial" ends lol
GMPP Stage 2
K&N CAI
Vibrant Racing Muffler
Carbon Fiber Hood w/ SS style scoop
Black Wheels
Best 1/4 Mile Time
13.8 @ 101.4mph
DET MUSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:16 AM   #54
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Anyone remember Aamco transmission lifetime warranty? I had an aluminum power glide behind 385hp... they replaced it 4 times, they could never prove misuse but oh man was I ever!! Also maybe someone said it but why would they incorporate "launch control" on the LS3? That is clearly a racing feature.
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 02:46 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #55
The Viz

Drives: Everything
alot of the voided warranty talk on the internet stems from the Nissan GT-R's problems. It states right in the paperwork that if you use the launch control function it voids your warranty, as well as dyno usage voids the warranty
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #56
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MUSL View Post
Hmmm all the more reason not to renew Onstar when the "free trial" ends lol
I want to know how to disconnect Onstar entirely since I will be replacing the rear view mirror..